View Full Version : Chamberlin Quote on Possible Reunion (January)

JRiordan
06-21-2005, 01:43 PM
I remember reading this somewhere before, maybe on the JC Complex website. It was just posted on the WXRT Sound Opinions website, so here it is again:

When you come to New York for these upcoming shows, will you be performing any Smashing Pumpkins or Zwan songs or will it be strictly songs from “Life Begins Again?”

<b>We’re not doing any covers. We talked about it, but if I play that stuff again it’s gonna be with the Pumpkins. And I think everybody in the Pumpkins feels that way. I’ve talked to Billy about doing some stuff together in the future. Whether we call it the Pumpkins or not, I think certainly we’ll get together. But I think the qualification (is that) it has to be two or more members of the band at least to go down that road. </b>

Is it possible that there will be a Smashing Pumpkins reunion? And if there is one, would James Iha and D’Arcy be part of it?

<b>Yeah. I mean, I think anything’s possible. You know, I don’t discount anything and certainly those songs are a huge part of my life and a big part of my career. That’s stuff that I’m very proud of. I don’t think now is the right time to do it, but down the road at some point I could see doing something</b>

virago
06-21-2005, 01:58 PM
That's at least more than 1 member of TSP who hinted at something... I wonder how busy James is going to be with The Perfect Circle this year?

Pantomime
06-21-2005, 02:01 PM
"The Perfect Circle" won't be busy at all this year. Not for ages, now Twiggy is with NIN and Tool have a new album out soon (I say soon, but nothing's ever soon with them).