View Full Version : The Gap

Sammiches
06-10-2005, 03:56 PM
Do you like it?

ADMIT IT

w/e the clothes are so boring there

DeadSwan
06-10-2005, 04:01 PM
yeah, nothing great. i'll get some really plain stuff from there once in a great while. all of their patterned things are pretty terrible

better question---american apparel?

i used to really love it, especially when all those t-shirts were only available for wholesale, but now, i dunno

DeviousJ
06-10-2005, 04:02 PM
Keith Legend?!!!?

Geek USA
06-10-2005, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by DeviousJ
Keith Legend?!!!?

lmfao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FALL INTO THE GAP

The Light
06-10-2005, 04:28 PM
I like some of their stuff. i got a few brightly colored tank tops there the other day.

horrible frumpy skirts. overpriced.

2Marlon2Brando
06-10-2005, 04:29 PM
the gap is just a poor man's banana republic

sppunk
06-10-2005, 04:30 PM
I only shop in Dumpsters.

pink_ribbon_scars
06-10-2005, 04:45 PM
once i had a drug-induced clear realization of how awful Gap is, but despite that I still go there sometimes when I'd desparate to find something, anything. like 2 weekends ago i needed some jeams NOW so i went there and got some. it's reliable. it's terribly overused and generic, and overpriced for what it is.

DeadSwan
06-10-2005, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by 2Marlon2Brando
the gap is just a poor man's banana republic

lololol

Sepiae
06-10-2005, 04:48 PM
When they do have sales though, the prices are really good. And they have a nice mix of trendy stuff and stuff that will last for awhile. I like it.

Boner
06-10-2005, 04:48 PM
Aren't the Gap, Old Navy, and Banana Republic all owned by the same company?

Geek USA
06-10-2005, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by Boner
Aren't the Gap, Old Navy, and Banana Republic all owned by the same company?

yes.

The Light
06-10-2005, 04:52 PM
Aren't the Gap, Old Navy, and Banana Republic all owned by the same company? And Abercrombie and Fitch and Hollister, I think.

Sam and Mike
06-10-2005, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by The Light
And Abercrombie and Fitch and Hollister, I think.

Not Abercrombie. Abercrombie, though, used to be owned by The Limited, Inc., but then it broke away and became its own thing.

Sam and Mike
06-10-2005, 04:57 PM
I really like The Gap. Their jeans are the best I have found (for a reasonable price) that fit me well. And they can be a good place for sweaters, button-down shirts, pants, and blazers.

Xteenmachine
06-10-2005, 04:57 PM
that was mike, right?

Netphorian Gadabout
06-10-2005, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by Sam and Mike

Not Abercrombie. Abercrombie, though, used to be owned by The Limited, Inc., but then it broke away and became its own thing. Abercrombie does in fact own Hollister.

Geek USA
06-10-2005, 04:59 PM
I really like The Gap. Their jeans are the best I have found (for a reasonable price) that fit me well. And they can be a good place for sweaters, button-down shirts, pants, and blazers.

i love gap and dkny jeans, and they're pretty cheap AND FIT LIKE A GLOVE.

The Light
06-10-2005, 05:02 PM
These are all horrid places to work from what I can tell.

My friend worked at Hollister and was given an employee handbook that stated that Hollister represents a lifestyle, and an employee should be looked up to by all of their friends and everyone who comes in the store.

Also, employees are required to have a "healthy glow" (basically they are required to either tan or self tan) and are not allowed to wear black when they are working :D

The one Holister in our mall has 70 fucking employees. They constantly fire and hire in order to make sure they have fresh faces in the store all the time. This gives everyone but the managers about ten hours a week to work. Despite this, employees at Hollister are not allowed to hold a second job at the sister compny Abercrombie. This is once again due to their fresh faces policy.

tootsie
06-10-2005, 05:03 PM
i buy work clothes for eric there sometimes. he has a great pair of cords he got there.

for every day wear, i think the stuff is too boring though.

Boner
06-10-2005, 05:04 PM
Abercombie really factors in your appearance into whether you get a job there. Like you are rated 1-10 on looks and they basically won't hire fatties or uglies.

Urban Outfitters is not a bad place to work.

Sepiae
06-10-2005, 05:04 PM

Yeah, both of my pairs of Gap Jeans were purchased almost 2 years ago for $20 each and are still in really good shape.

The Light
06-10-2005, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by Geek USA

i love gap and dkny jeans, and they're pretty cheap AND FIT LIKE A GLOVE. gap jeans are always too short for me. even the longs are made for dwarfs, i swear ;)

i love american eagle jeans. i loathe the store and all those mall stores but i have to have their jeans.

also, does anybody else's mall have those "urbanwear" type stores? :o they are heinous and only carry brands like JLo and Baby Phat but actually have fantastic Brazillian and European jeans that aren't too revealing of the butt crack. A must have pair of jeans for curvy chicks. Except the last time I went in there to buy a pair they only had up to SIZE EIGHT left. And keep in mind this is translated form Euro sizes. So basically an eight was a six. Meanwhile, the guys sizes go up to like 438725XL. I told the guy to buy some clothes for normal sisters :)

wHATcOLOR
06-10-2005, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by The Light
And Abercrombie and Fitch and Hollister, I think.

think again

The Light
06-10-2005, 05:08 PM
Abercombie really factors in your appearance into whether you get a job there. Like you are rated 1-10 on looks and they basically won't hire fatties or uglies.

Urban Outfitters is not a bad place to work. Oh Urban Outiftters.

I love how ignorant their shoppers are.

The owners of that corporation donated sooooooo much to the Republican National Convention in 2004 its unbelievable. They are all for the cause.

Meanwhile scene kids go there and buy lampshades that say impeach bush and t-shirts that say fight the power

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

DeadSwan
06-10-2005, 06:28 PM
target actually had some good jeans a few months ago; they were levi's...about $20 a pair.

my favorite pair of jeans ever are by daryl k, which normally would go for $100-200, but i got them at a clothing exchange for like $10

i got a pair of seven jeans as a gift, and i have some black pants (not technically jeans) by earl, which is an awesome denim company.

peabody
06-10-2005, 06:40 PM
it's ok. i have plenty of stuff from there.

i am an express and banana guy. or urban(but not much)...

i don't like abercrombie. all the models are ugly. and their clothes are gross too. oh well. most models anywhere are weird looking.

homechicago
06-10-2005, 06:41 PM
...makes the most violently irritating commercials on the planet. no matter who stars in it, they bug the crap out of me. i cannot change the channel fast enough to remove it from my eyes and ears.

old navy is equally an offender of my senses.

Karl Connor
06-10-2005, 06:43 PM
i hate the gap; its so bland and only wannabe wannabe hipsters shop there. abercrombie is aight but alot of theirstuff is shit too

express is where its at

obscured01
06-10-2005, 06:44 PM
<font color="dab9ea">I never shop at the gap... every time I go in there I can't seem to find anything. Although I frequently run across their stuff at goodwill and some of it is great.

As far as jeans go, american eagle jeans are the best. Bar none.</font>

Boner
06-10-2005, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by obscured01
<font color="dab9ea"> american eagle jeans are the best. Bar none.</font>

Comedy gold.

sppunk
06-10-2005, 06:50 PM
I don't think I've worn a pair of jeans in years. Literally, years.

Karl Connor
06-10-2005, 06:53 PM
i wear nothing but jeans

unless im lounging around the house

Anda
06-10-2005, 08:21 PM
I like Express Men rawr!

alisonmonster
06-10-2005, 08:28 PM
i've only found one pair of pants there i liked (some red velvet ones) and nothing else. The pants are generally too short for my legs.Also during spring they seem to have a lot of pastels, and i hate pastel colours, though i guess if i worked in an office i might buy some of their stuff. For basic stuff i like club monaco.

Dead
06-10-2005, 08:33 PM
I wear gap jeans. They have some good ones.

twilightfadez
06-10-2005, 08:44 PM
gap jeans are the worst.

american eagle have the best jeans, they fit me great :)

Sammiches
06-10-2005, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by DeadSwan
yeah, nothing great. i'll get some really plain stuff from there once in a great while. all of their patterned things are pretty terrible

better question---american apparel?

i used to really love it, especially when all those t-shirts were only available for wholesale, but now, i dunno

LOL have you been to the one on...uh Bancroft? Boring but naturally so.

yo soy el mejor
06-10-2005, 11:54 PM
y'all are some picky ass bitches.

Dead
06-11-2005, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by twilightfadez
gap jeans are the worst.

No, they're cool.

2Marlon2Brando
06-11-2005, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by twilightfadez
gap jeans are the worst.

i bought a pair of jeans at the gap today. they fit me better than other jeans for some reason. maybe i am shaped like a woman

twilightfadez
06-11-2005, 02:56 AM
gap jeans never fit me right.

american eagle all the way babes.

Dead
06-11-2005, 04:25 AM
Best jeans I've ever owned are these 2 pair army jeans I got at the gap back in 2001 for $30 each. I still wear them to this day. They rock.

Sam and Mike
06-11-2005, 05:07 AM
Originally posted by obscured01
<font color="dab9ea">american eagle jeans are the best. Bar none.</font>

I went in and tried some of their jeans on recently. Hands down, some of THE worst fitting jeans I have ever tried on.

murgle
06-11-2005, 05:26 AM
i got a Gap gift card when I graduated 2 yrs ago... got some jeans

not bad or anything, but not worth the $50-something... had I not had a gift card, I wouldn't have bought them.

I used to work at Old Navy- some of their stuff isn't too bad. Generic stuff. shirts or plain pants or whatever. some Ok skirts too. I wear their sandals constantly. They're still a bit expensive for what they have, but DEFINITELY better than the Gap and Banana Republic. We'd get a 20% (i think) discount at Gap and our own store, but a 30% discount at BR, because they're so pricey.

Ihaman
06-11-2005, 05:28 AM
The gap used to have nice hats....but now they have shit hats and awful sweaters.

It sucks when people wear gap because it's one of the few well known brands that you can actually tell what year/season they bought it in due to the over marketing of it.

murgle
06-11-2005, 05:36 AM
By the way, I HATE HATE HATE Old Navy commercials.

I had to listen to so many Old Navy Christmas jingles when I worked there. god DAMNIT.

I like some Gap ads, but most of the time, they get old quick...

mewl
06-11-2005, 06:04 AM
they don't have a gap here.

Sam and Mike
06-11-2005, 08:58 AM

I went in and tried some of their jeans on recently. Hands down, some of THE worst fitting jeans I have ever tried on. American Eagle anything fucking sucks.

Dead
06-11-2005, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by murgle
By the way, I HATE HATE HATE Old Navy commercials.

Same here.

noir cat
06-12-2005, 09:27 PM
WHAT THE FUCK, MAN. I tried to look for some normal, run of the mill Gap jeans, but unless they were on sale, ALL OF THOSE JEANS WERE LIKE $50 OR OVER. WTF.

Quagmire
06-12-2005, 09:28 PM
i dont shop there. i shop at hot topic

Quagmire
06-12-2005, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by sppunk
I don't think I've worn a pair of jeans in years. Literally, years.

what the hell do you wear? dockers? sweats?

Sam and Mike
06-12-2005, 09:57 PM
On the topic of jeans, I really want a pair of Seven jeans. I keep wondering if the price is worth it.

Quagmire
06-12-2005, 09:58 PM
On the topic of jeans, I really want a pair of Seven jeans. I keep wondering if the price is worth it.

they are pretty comfy. if this is mike... nordstrom is having the mens sale this weekend

Nimrod's Son
06-12-2005, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by 2Marlon2Brando

i bought a pair of jeans at the gap today. they fit me better than other jeans for some reason. maybe i am shaped like a woman same here