View Full Version : Roskilde Festival 2005

Phobophile
05-12-2005, 12:04 AM
This is gonna rock. Fantomas (with Terry fucking Bozzio!), Maldoror, Kaada/Patton, Rahzel/Patton, Enslaved, Black Sabbath, Isis.. and like 15 bajillion other bands. Four days for just under $240, including all fees and registered mail. Take that, you fucking coachella, lollapalooza and ozzfest wankers.

spa ced
05-12-2005, 12:30 AM
I think that's the festival that has Davendra Banhart as well as Joanna Newsom on the bill. I'm so envious of the people attending this show. :(

Phobophile
05-12-2005, 12:49 AM
Yep, they'll both be there. I'm taking it I should avoid their sets?

spa ced
05-12-2005, 01:00 AM
Yeah, they're not your style at all.

ryan patrick
05-12-2005, 01:45 AM
Konono No. 1 is going to be there. that would be awesome to see. and Autechre. and Sunn0))). not bad.

severin
05-12-2005, 02:02 AM
the big problem i had with roskilde when i was there in 2002 is, that there are about 7 or 8 stages. its impossible that there aren't 2 bands you'd like to see playing at the same time....

but still, you're up for the best festival experience available in europe. i've been to a shitload of different festivals over here, but nothing came ever close to roskilde

mistle
05-12-2005, 02:43 AM
i'm pretty impressed with the list of bands

http://roskilde-festival.dk/object.php?obj=538000c&code=45

last year's was very critisized, so they really buckled up this time

christian zombie vampires
05-12-2005, 03:56 AM
Originally posted by mistle
i'm pretty impressed with the list of bands

http://roskilde-festival.dk/object.php?obj=538000c&code=45

last year's was very critisized, so they really buckled up this time

THE GAME (US)
Gangsta-stilen lever i bedste velgående

GREEN DAY (US)
Et sandt punkband med seje og slagkraftige numre

THE GO! TEAM (UK)
Kollager af tidlig hiphop, energisk indiepop, solskinsfunk og temaer fra 70’er krimiserier

hahaha. silly foreign languages. punkband. gangsta-stilen lever. is this only funny because i'm high?

daydreamer999
05-12-2005, 04:37 AM
Originally posted by christian zombie vampires

THE GAME (US)
Gangsta-stilen lever i bedste velgående

GREEN DAY (US)
Et sandt punkband med seje og slagkraftige numre

THE GO! TEAM (UK)
Kollager af tidlig hiphop, energisk indiepop, solskinsfunk og temaer fra 70’er krimiserier

hahaha. silly foreign languages. punkband. gangsta-stilen lever. is this only funny because i'm high?

no, it's pretty funny anyway. but i can imagine being high would amplify the funneh factor.

edit: it's a pretty awesome lineup as well. BRIAN WILSON!!!

wish i could go, it would be a hell of a lot better than the big day out.

smashingjj
05-12-2005, 09:01 AM
seems to me that it's the festival of festivals. i really wanna go there one day.

C33
05-12-2005, 09:25 AM
i was there in '03 and still pissed because i didn't see bonnie prince billy. anyway, the festival was awesome, aswell as the weather, unlike last year which was full of mud and i'm almost glad i didn't go. i'd love to go this year, but i'll be in china at the time :erm