View Full Version : 2 Sets of Siamese Twins

Musica
05-06-2005, 12:53 PM
www.myspace.com/billycorgan (http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=9685952&blogID=25048016&Mytoken=20050506095541)

Justin_c12
05-06-2005, 01:51 PM
oh look a post about recording siamese dream... gee I guess Ugly can shut up for a second now.

Quiet
05-06-2005, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by Justin_c12
oh look a post about recording siamese dream... gee I guess Ugly can shut up for a second now.

That is strange... somewhere around the second entry, I made a post saying I couldn't wait until he told us what "Disarm" was about. The very next entry sounded like it could have easily been what influenced "Disarm". IS BILLY SPYING ON US????

wHATcOLOR
05-06-2005, 02:06 PM
woah, those sessions sound like a disaster! you always read/hear about how tough it was, but they've mostly avoided specifics until now, this is very cool stuff. poor jimmy!

Moron 5
05-06-2005, 02:06 PM
I luv the Pig - Latin part

vbshlofbvgos
05-06-2005, 02:20 PM
Butch is a Bitch

TicalFSU
05-06-2005, 02:44 PM
Can someone post the entry? Here at work I'm being blocked by Websense, says myspace is blocked due to "dating and personal" issues. According to the post by Beautiful Loser its cool but you have to post the link (source).

Ramdust
05-06-2005, 02:46 PM
Fascinating stuff...

The next section should be interesting, as these frustrations in timing and perfection, as we know, will escalate into Billy playing all the guitar parts.

I hope Billy later goes into how they got the fat SD/fuzz sound live, without the Big Muffs.

teh b0lly!!1
05-06-2005, 02:56 PM
why is it so fucking short? :(

ZackZ
05-06-2005, 03:10 PM
Good update. I like when he starts to talk about some of the technical aspects of recording.

I didn't realize the drumming on Siamese Dream was a sham. I always thought the drums on "Cherub Rock" and "Today" sounded a little rigid. This probably has a lot to do with it.

Quiet
05-06-2005, 03:16 PM
Why is it titled "2 Sets of Siamese Twins"? Are Billy and Jimmy one set and James and D'Arcy the other set?

ZackZ
05-06-2005, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by Quiet
Why is it titled "2 Sets of Siamese Twins"? Are Billy and Jimmy one set and James and D'Arcy the other set?

Hold the fucking phones! We got Sherlock motherfuckin' Holmes on the line!

Quiet
05-06-2005, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by ZackZ

Holy shit you're hilarious! You owe me a new pair of undies my friend.

Dr Riot
05-06-2005, 03:28 PM

IS BILLY SPYING ON US????

Oh, he definitely is. :cool:

TicalFSU
05-06-2005, 03:35 PM
post the farking blog please

pee pee colada
05-06-2005, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by Ramdust
I hope Billy later goes into how they got the fat SD/fuzz sound live, without the Big Muffs. ADA-MP1

the siamese dream live sound kind of sucked, in my humble opinion. well, not the guitars themselves, but the fact that they didn't do the album's guitars justice. it's hard to replicate 20 overdubbed guitars in a live setting with just two guitarists.

i remember reading somewhere that billy proposed the idea of getting a third guitarist for the mellon collie tour and james vehemently opposed it. probably because he would have to stand on james' side of the stage.

Starla
05-06-2005, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by TicalFSU
post the farking blog please

Read the fucking sticky up above on Billy's Blogs.

Nova
05-06-2005, 09:22 PM
Ok: FUCK you, Butch Vig. Seriously.
I'm sure his pushing helped Chamberlin become an even better drummer... but Butch Vig telling Jimmy Chamberlin how to drum is fucking hilarious, he's not even HALF the drummer Jimmy is. Not even close.

I feel bad for James and Darcy, but at the same time, it's a shame they were never quite on the same level as Corgan and Chamberlin.

RopeyLopey
05-06-2005, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by Nova
but Butch Vig telling Jimmy Chamberlin how to drum is fucking hilarious, he's not even HALF the drummer Jimmy is. Not even close.

your post is hilarious especially in the light of half of this board saying James Iha is a horrid guitarist.

Nova
05-06-2005, 09:31 PM
what

Cherub Angel
05-06-2005, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by pee pee colada

i remember reading somewhere that billy proposed the idea of getting a third guitarist for the mellon collie tour and james vehemently opposed it. probably because he would have to stand on james' side of the stage.

he said that at the recording session I was at......I don't think it would have been a bad idea in many cases.

James may have felt threatened at this.

Cherub Angel
05-06-2005, 09:42 PM

IS BILLY SPYING ON US????

we all know the answer to that question....of course he is.

Fat Cop
05-06-2005, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by Cherub Angel

we all know the answer to that question....of course he is.

OOOOH BILLLLYYY I SEE YOOO!!

Ugly
05-06-2005, 11:54 PM
Thank Christ for that. I hope he got all those childhood demons out, now we can get to the good stuff.

DeviousJ
05-07-2005, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by To Starla

Read the fucking sticky up above on Billy's Blogs.

The one that says this?

Andrew says it's basically fine to post the blog entries, but make sure you cite the source that it came from. I posted the original post as a precaution. Thanks.

DeviousJ
05-07-2005, 12:11 AM
Oh man

...or Jimmy complains to me that James and D’arcy’s playing is throwing him off and asks me to remove them from playing along at all…

I've heard that before. From when my ex-band played shows

Sound guy: Are your monitors ok?
Us: Yep
Drummer: *pointing at me* Can you turn him off

RopeyLopey
05-07-2005, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by DeviousJ
Oh man

Drummer: *pointing at me* Can you turn him off you and Mr. Bass do look the same?

Rider
05-07-2005, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by Nova
Ok: FUCK you, Butch Vig. Seriously.
I'm sure his pushing helped Chamberlin become an even better drummer... but Butch Vig telling Jimmy Chamberlin how to drum is fucking hilarious, he's not even HALF the drummer Jimmy is. Not even close.

I feel bad for James and Darcy, but at the same time, it's a shame they were never quite on the same level as Corgan and Chamberlin.

He's the producer it's his job to push them and make them do things over and over. If he had not pushed them the album would not ahve been as good.

Thoughtless
05-07-2005, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by Rider

He's the producer it's his job to push them and make them do things over and over. If he had not pushed them the album would not ahve been as good.

Fo sho. Don't get your panties in a bunch, Nova.

neopryn
05-07-2005, 12:32 AM
hey nova. you're a faggot.

pee pee colada
05-07-2005, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by DeviousJ
Sound guy: Are your monitors ok?
Us: Yep
Drummer: *pointing at me* Can you turn him off lol. i love that shit.

personally, all i want is me and the drummer, trebly as my ears can stand. everyone else usually takes offense.

DeviousJ
05-07-2005, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by RopeyLopey
you and Mr. Bass do look the same?

Man, I tell you. Actually at that show Mr Bass was asking me how the bassline went for the last song we played.

He got me turned down in his monitors at the next gig too, but because I was somehow louder than everyone else he heard me fine. He said 'that solo was really good' or something. Now he can't play the old songs because they 'don't sound right without me'. The world of music, huh?

DeviousJ
05-07-2005, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by pee pee colada
lol. i love that shit.

personally, all i want is me and the drummer, trebly as my ears can stand. everyone else usually takes offense.

I just want everything so's I can hear everyone go out of of time and pick who to go with

wally
05-07-2005, 07:37 AM
Originally posted by vbshlofbvgos
Butch is a Bitch

Hey, if the bitch gave us Siamese Dream, he can be my bitch any day.

wpc33
05-07-2005, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by **********

Billy is omnipotent. He sees all, knows all, and sent his first begotten son to die for our sins.

The Billy is not a person. The Billy is pure light and energy.

Rockin' Cherub
05-07-2005, 12:10 PM
sorry to say something that straight out of the cliche but as a drummer i can totally identify with the jc.

Radiofred
05-07-2005, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by ZackZ

Funny as fuck!