View Full Version : Your April Netphorian Fantasy Baseball thread

Esty
04-30-2005, 05:06 PM
Ok, I was bored so I decided to this. That, and I don't want the league to die. I almost placed your rank in all catagories so you could see which need help. I tried to get it as accurate as possible. This thread better get some replies fags.

1. Andro 3000 (Guz)
Runs: 5
HR: 3
RBI: 3
SB: 6
Avg: 12
W: 6
SV: 2
K's: 2
ERA: 1
WHIP: 4

2. Ensoul's Fury (Ensoul)
Runs: 1
HR: 6
RBI: 6
SB: 1
Avg: 5
W: 10
SV: 5
K's: 12
ERA: 2
WHIP:1

3. Bay Area Lab Co-op (Neopryn)
Runs: 3
HR: 10
RBI: 7
SB: 3
Avg: 1
W: 2
SV: 10
K's: 1
ERA: 10
WHIP: 2

4. Sppunk is gay (Adam M)
Runs: 2
HR: 1
RBI: 1
SB: 11
Avg: 6
W: 7
SV: 6
K's: 6
ERA: 6
WHIP:5

5. The Boyscouts (Esty)
Runs: 4
HR: 2
RBI: 2
SB: 4
Avg: 8
W: 1
SV: 11
K's: 8
ERA: 4
WHIP:11

6. The Double F.U.P.A.s (Ace)
Runs: 9
HR: 4
RBI: 9
SB: 2
Avg: 11
W: 11
SV: 3
K's: 5
ERA: 5
WHIP:6

7. Boomtisk Allstars (Funnygeezus)
Runs: 8
HR: 8
RBI: 10
SB: 5
Avg: 10
W: 3
SV: 4
K's: 3
ERA: 9
WHIP:3

8. huggoo faces (??????)
Runs: 12
HR: 11
RBI: 5
SB: 12
Avg: 3
W: 4
SV: 9
K's: 7
ERA: 3
WHIP:8

9. Big Sexy (Casey)
Runs: 6
HR: 12
RBI: 12
SB: 9
Avg: 7
W: 8
SV: 8
K's: 4
ERA: 7
WHIP:9

10. Loveable Buffoons (Sepiae)
Runs: 7
HR: 5
RBI: 4
SB: 8
Avg: 9
W: 12
SV: 13
K's: 9
ERA: 11
WHIP: 10

11. the axis of action (Sehki)
Runs: 11
HR: 7
RBI: 8
SB: 7
Avg: 2
W: 9
SV: 12
K's: 11
ERA: 12
WHIP: 12

12. waffen ss (Alexthestampede)
Runs: 13
HR: 13
RBI: 13
SB: 10
Avg: 4
W: 13
SV: 1
K's: 10
ERA: 8
WHIP:7

13. Free Press Commies (Sppunk)
Runs: 10
HR: 9
RBI: 11
SB: 13
Avg: 13
W: 5
SV: 7
K's: 13
ERA: 13
WHIP: 13

Of Note: Alexthestampede has been banned from being able to do any roster changes because he tried to fuck the league early. Sppunk has no excuse for being in last place once his wedding is over and he is able to put some effort into his team.

neopryn
04-30-2005, 05:08 PM
fuck, i was in first yesterday.

Axis of Action
04-30-2005, 05:10 PM
is it just me or are the stats that esty posted entirely mixed up?

btw I am just now looking at my team. I didn't even draft this mess. sigh.

neopryn
04-30-2005, 05:11 PM
i think he put the rank for every category, instead of points earned

Esty
04-30-2005, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by Axis of Action
is it just me or are the stats that esty posted entirely mixed up?

btw I am just now looking at my team. I didn't even draft this mess. sigh.

Mixed up how? Like I said, I tried to be as accurate as possible.

Esty
04-30-2005, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by neopryn

Yes. Each rank is out of 13 because we have 13 teams. Iwasn't going to put exactly how many hr's and shit each team has, that is too much work. Just see your ranking and go see how far you are from overtaking someone.

Axis of Action
04-30-2005, 05:13 PM

yeah you're right

Sepiae
04-30-2005, 05:30 PM
I suck.

Boner
04-30-2005, 05:31 PM
Thanks for doing that and good idea Esty.

A couple of questions.

I believe Alex inquired as to the ban being lifted. Something to that effect anyway. He cannot be trusted to not drop players. So there is zero chance of removing his add/drop status. As far as trades, are there enough of us who go that site every 48 hours (2-day voting period) that we could veto a BS trade.

My concern is that Alex's team actually has talent and it's just going to waste. On the other hand, I don't want him to fuck up the league.

Second, who do you think got the better of the Free Press Commies/Double FUPA's trade? I think ultimately, my guys will produce more if not significantly more than his guys will, but based on current rankings he got the better end of the trade.

neopryn
04-30-2005, 05:33 PM
who the fuck is huggoo faces

Boner
Originally posted by Sepiae
I suck.

I respect you as a knowledgeball baseball person even though that Sexon move was the worst move since that ass hat 17 Seconds dropped Bobby Abreu last year.

But, if Guz wins the league by a small margin, you will feel the wrath of Boner.

Boner
who the fuck is huggoo faces

Sirhan.

Quagmire
04-30-2005, 05:35 PM
so sppunk is really gay?

a shocker

MusicMan4
04-30-2005, 05:38 PM
I blew it huge in this league.

I'm mounting a major comeback in the nimrod league though. which means something to me only because I PAID MONEY to join them shits.

Ugh. My problem in baseball leagues is refusing tom ake moves. I'm like, no, I will NOT pick up Brett Myers or John Patterson or Jason Lane or Clint Barmes (a fucking rockie. you always want a rockie hitter). Its too early to be makin moves!

MusicMan4
04-30-2005, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by Boner

I respect you as a knowledgeball baseball person even though that Sexon move was the worst move since that ass hat 17 Seconds dropped Bobby Abreu last year.

he dropped Ben Sheets too!

Boner
04-30-2005, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by Sean Casey

he dropped Ben Sheets too!

And he still finished in 4th place in a 15-team league.

neopryn
04-30-2005, 05:47 PM
i drafted jason lane

Boner
04-30-2005, 05:48 PM
why did sehki just drop marcus giles?

Axis of Action
04-30-2005, 05:51 PM
why did sehki just drop marcus giles?

so I could pick up neifi perez?

Axis of Action
04-30-2005, 05:53 PM
I would have dropped Lugo instead of Giles but I need Lugo's base stealing, he's the only guy on my team regularly stealing

MusicMan4
04-30-2005, 05:54 PM
holy shit sehki fuck you!

i blew my fucking waiver priority on Russ fucking Ortiz

its worked out so far, but goddammit......

MusicMan4
04-30-2005, 05:54 PM
giles gets you 15-20 steals, you bitch

Axis of Action
04-30-2005, 05:55 PM
giles gets you 15-20 steals, you bitch

Lugo already has 8 man. giles has 2, like half the people in the league

Boner
04-30-2005, 05:57 PM
if Giles stays healthy, he's an absolute lock for 20 homers, 15-20 steals, 70 RBI, and a .310 average.

Neifi will get you 5 homers, 50 RBI, 10 steals, and a .250 average. And that would be a career year for him. Plus Neifi will lose his job once Nomar comes back.

MusicMan4
04-30-2005, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by Axis of Action

Lugo already has 8 man. giles has 2, like half the people in the league

lugo's career numbers in the SB category are not that much higher than giles and giles is better in every way when he's healthy

bad fucking move!

MusicMan4
04-30-2005, 05:58 PM
especially because my fucking waiver priority is 13!

Castillo is not getting it done right now. Although he'll get me 20 SBs and a 280-290 average which is fine for a thin position...come on man. you fag

Boner
04-30-2005, 05:58 PM
Let's just think about this:

Neifi Perez for Marcus Giles.

Reads like an alexthestampede trade.

MusicMan4
04-30-2005, 05:59 PM
If I get any less than 15 wins from Ortiz I'm going to be pissed about that move.

I couldn't get Sexson, I won't get Giles. This is no good.

MusicMan4
04-30-2005, 06:00 PM
who wants to trade me carl crawford? :)

look at that average, it just keeps slippin

Boner
04-30-2005, 06:00 PM
make an offer on crawford.

Boner
04-30-2005, 06:02 PM
well this will at least help unseat Guz, which aside from me winning the league, is the only thing that would make me happy. neopryn will pick up giles and will then have major flexibility at middle infield for trades.

Axis of Action
04-30-2005, 06:02 PM
Let's just think about this:

Neifi Perez for Marcus Giles.

Reads like an alexthestampede trade.

what are you talking about?

my decision to keep Lugo for steals aside, Neifi is having a better year now than Giles and had a better year than Giles last year. I don't understand the problem?

Boner
04-30-2005, 06:06 PM
It's freaking April. Neifi Perez, since leaving Colorado in 2000 or 2001, has never hit over .255 in a season. And in his only season post-Colorado as an everyday player, he hit .236 with 3 homers and 36RBI. Plus, he will surely lose his job to Nomar when he returns, and if he's struggling, he may lose it when Todd Walker returns if they shift Hairston over to short.

Axis of Action
04-30-2005, 06:08 PM
It's freaking April. Neifi Perez, since leaving Colorado in 2000 or 2001, has never hit over .255 in a season. And in his only season post-Colorado as an everyday player, he hit .236 with 3 homers and 36RBI. Plus, he will surely lose his job to Nomar when he returns, and if he's struggling, he may lose it when Todd Walker returns if they shift Hairston over to short.

eh we'll see

MusicMan4
04-30-2005, 06:10 PM
Check out my team in Nimrod's league:

C. J. Mauer
1B. A. Pujols
2B. A. Soriano
3B. E. Chavez (i'm getting sick of this guy, but its still just the first month...)
SS. C. Guillén
IF: J. Thome (see Chavez)
LF A. Huff
CF: C. Crawford
RF: M. Cabrera
OH: S. Podsednik
UTIl: M. Mora
BN: R. Furcal
BN. P. Nevin
DL: B. Bonds

SP M. Batista (his SP eligibility is going to hand me the saves category. fuck yeah)
SP Od Perez
SP F Garcia
Sp D Willis
RP B Wagner
RP T Hoffman
P D Graves
BN C Carpenter
BN J Smoltz
BN B Myers

oh shit! i'm definitely going to overtake Mariner for the lead

Boner
04-30-2005, 06:16 PM
Nice. You just said he hit .370 last year then deleted it when you realized that was this year's line.

Hey, if Marcus Giles gets hurt - which ain't all that unlikely - and Perez keeps it up, you look like a genius and we the morons. But the odds of Perez out-producing Giles are probably 75-1.

Axis of Action
04-30-2005, 06:18 PM
Nice. You just said he hit .370 last year then deleted it when you realized that was this year's line.

Hey, if Marcus Giles gets hurt - which ain't all that unlikely - and Perez keeps it up, you look like a genius and we the morons. But the odds of Perez out-producing Giles are probably 75-1.

no, he did hit .371 last year (and is hitting .369 this year), but that was in 23 games - which I realized after I posted.

I admit I made a mistake - mostly because I thought if I put someone on waivers I had first pick to take them off. which I don't, which makes me dumb. my lack of fantasy baseball experience. oh well. at least it's nate who's getting him. someone I like.

MusicMan4
04-30-2005, 06:19 PM
the point is, you trade these guys, you don't drop them.

The idiot who dropped Vazquez instead of trading him. Who was that? The person who picked him up has been richly rewarded with two dominant games.

Even fucking Ortiz has worked as a pickup for me. You trade him. He won 21 and 15 games the last two years, he has value, you trade him. Jesus, people.

Boner
04-30-2005, 06:20 PM
Agreed that at least Giles goes to Nate, or spplooge if Nate decides to pass or just doesn't see this, both of which are unlikely.

He hit .254 last year split between San Fran and Chicago with 3 homers and 39 RBI. That was his best year since Colorado.

Axis of Action
04-30-2005, 06:21 PM
Agreed that at least Giles goes to Nate, or spplooge if Nate decides to pass or just doesn't see this, both of which are unlikely.

He hit .254 last year split between San Fran and Chicago with 3 homers and 39 RBI. That was his best year since Colorado.

yeah. I messed up, but I don't really care cause I was doing pretty shitty in the league anyhow.

if I made a mistake like this in the 20-team league I'm in, where I'm #5... well then I'd be a little more upset.

Boner
04-30-2005, 06:24 PM
the point is, you trade these guys, you don't drop them.

The idiot who dropped Vazquez instead of trading him. Who was that? The person who picked him up has been richly rewarded with two dominant games.

Even fucking Ortiz has worked as a pickup for me. You trade him. He won 21 and 15 games the last two years, he has value, you trade him. Jesus, people.

Dropping Vazquez was extremely asinine.

Ortiz though, honestly, he's not someone I would want in a 13-team mixed league, unless Arizona is good and he can get 15 wins. Most people did not see the D’Backs as a team who would give Ortiz 15 wins, but it looks he will get some wins. His WHIP and ERA are usually pretty high though.

MusicMan4
04-30-2005, 06:29 PM

Dropping Vazquez was extremely asinine.

Ortiz though, honestly, he's not someone I would want in a 13-team mixed league, unless Arizona is good and he can get 15 wins. Most people did not see the D’Backs as a team who would give Ortiz 15 wins, but it looks he will get some wins. His WHIP and ERA are usually pretty high though.

eh, i think he can do it, though. i got him off waivers which is a good deal.

remember when i traded him to you last year and he was lights out for like the next three months?

Esty
04-30-2005, 08:04 PM
Second, who do you think got the better of the Free Press Commies/Double FUPA's trade? I think ultimately, my guys will produce more if not significantly more than his guys will, but based on current rankings he got the better end of the trade.

I was looking at it yesterday thinking if I should veto it or not. I came to the conclusion that it was an even trade. I don't think anyone got the better of it based on current stats. It could go either way.

As far as The Boyscouts are going, we are tearing ass thanks mainly to Brian Roberts. I got a taste of first place this week, and I admit, I liked it. I'm going to continue to try and do better and once Wade, Isringhause(sp) and Berkman come back, I should be fine.

neopryn
04-30-2005, 11:41 PM
i dropped vazquez. that's going to come back to haunt me.

i still have too many starters though, and i don't know who to drop, they're all strong. brian lawrence is in the 8th inning of a shutout right now :)

Nimrod's Son
05-03-2005, 06:14 PM
Check out my team in Nimrod's league:

C. J. Mauer
1B. A. Pujols
2B. A. Soriano
3B. E. Chavez (i'm getting sick of this guy, but its still just the first month...)
SS. C. Guillén
IF: J. Thome (see Chavez)
LF A. Huff
CF: C. Crawford
RF: M. Cabrera
OH: S. Podsednik
UTIl: M. Mora
BN: R. Furcal
BN. P. Nevin
DL: B. Bonds

SP M. Batista (his SP eligibility is going to hand me the saves category. fuck yeah)
SP Od Perez
SP F Garcia
Sp D Willis
RP B Wagner
RP T Hoffman
P D Graves
BN C Carpenter
BN J Smoltz
BN B Myers

oh shit! i'm definitely going to overtake Mariner for the lead I still like my team better and I'm still sure I'm going to win.

C J. López (Bal - C)
1B A. Dunn (Cin - 1B,LF)
2B J. Kent (LAD - 2B)
3B S. Rolen (StL - 3B)
SS C. Barmes (Col - 2B,SS)
IF L. Overbay (Mil - 1B)
LF J. Guillén (Was - LF,RF)
CF M. Bradley (LAD - LF,CF,RF) L
RF B. Abreu (Phi - RF)
OF Lu. González (Ari - LF)
Util T. Hafner (Cle - 1B)
BN X. Nady (SD - LF,CF)
BN J. Vidro (Was - 2B)
DL N. GarciaparraDL (ChC - SS)

My pitching staff is unstoppable
SP J. Peavy (SD - SP)
SP M. Buehrle (CWS - SP)
SP M. Prior (ChC - SP)
SP C. Pavano (NYY - SP)
RP M. Rivera (NYY - RP)
RP B. Looper (NYM - RP)
P R. Harden (Oak - SP)
BN R. Johnson (NYY - SP) - he'll be back soon enough
BN B. Lawrence (SD - SP)
BN J. Lieber (Phi - SP)
DL E. GagneDL (LAD - RP)

alexthestampede
05-03-2005, 06:28 PM
could someone help me arrange some fair trades that would result in an all-white team? ive given up hope of actually winning this tournemant or whatever you might call it, and this would be of some consolation, especially considering the team name

guz
05-03-2005, 06:50 PM
current standings:

Andro 3000: 105
The Boyscouts: 90
Bay Area Lab Co-op: 88.5
Ensoul's Fury: 87
Sppunk is gay: 85
huggoo faces: 71.5
Boomtisk Allstars: 70
The Double F.U.P.A.s: 65.5
Big Sexy: 62.5
the axis of action: 53.5
Loveable Buffoons: 53
waffen ss: 49
Free Press Commies: 29.5

come on, fellas....

Sepiae
05-03-2005, 07:00 PM
The Loveable Buffons are just getting their sea legs....they'll be making a charge...any...day...now.

:(

FUCKINGSEXSONCHRISTOPHERYOUSONOFABITCH!

guz
05-03-2005, 07:12 PM
Sexson hasn't even been all that. He wasn't a good drop, that I don't argue...but he's not going to make a huge difference when all is said and done. He's currently killing my teams batting average.

neopryn
05-03-2005, 07:24 PM
these standings fluctuate a lot. like 4 days ago there were 4 teams within 2 points of first.

coffee spoon
05-03-2005, 10:15 PM
these standings fluctuate a lot. like 4 days ago there were 4 teams within 2 points of first.

4 days ago I had 18 more points than I do now.

MusicMan4
05-03-2005, 10:56 PM
eric chavez heating up

you're fucked nimrod

guz
05-04-2005, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by coffee spoon

4 days ago I had 18 more points than I do now. maybe Barry will fix that for you.
<br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br>
d'oh!

coffee spoon
05-04-2005, 11:40 AM
eric chavez heating up

not really

coffee spoon
05-04-2005, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by guz
maybe Barry will fix that for you.
<br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br>
d'oh!

my team is terrible!

that's what i get trading a white man like brian lawrence for a nigger with a capital "N" in Barry Balco Bonds.

guz
05-04-2005, 11:57 AM

my team is terrible!

that's what i get trading a white man like brian lawrence for a nigger with a capital "N" in Barry Balco Bonds. you still raped your good buddy, though.
<br><br><br><br>
again.

coffee spoon
05-04-2005, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by guz
you still raped your good buddy, though.
<br><br><br><br>
again.

Not really. Foulke for Wagner and Monreau for Giles cancel each other out; hell if anything that portion slightly favors sppllooggee. Renteria for Matsui should be rape in my favor but it’s no lock. Rolen for Chavez could be rape in may favor, but Rolen had a career year last year. If you look at Chavez and Rolen over the last 3 years they’re nearly identical numbers if not better for Chavez.

guz
05-04-2005, 12:45 PM

Not really. Foulke for Wagner and Monreau for Giles cancel each other out; hell if anything that portion slightly favors sppllooggee. Renteria for Matsui should be rape in my favor but it’s no lock. Rolen for Chavez could be rape in may favor, but Rolen had a career year last year. If you look at Chavez and Rolen over the last 3 years they’re nearly identical numbers if not better for Chavez. we'll see how long Wagner stays healthy. and my god, both Giles & Chavez couldn't hit water if they fell out of a boat, right now. i know it's only May...but they're -seriously- struggling and both teams aren't where the 'experts' were predicting either.

coffee spoon
05-04-2005, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by guz
we'll see how long Wagner stays healthy. and my god, both Giles & Chavez couldn't hit water if they fell out of a boat, right now. i know it's only May...but they're -seriously- struggling and both teams aren't where the 'experts' were predicting either.

If by "experts," you mean Ace of Aces, I believe he projected San Diego and Oakland to both finish third in their respective divisions.

Yeah my reason for trading Chavez is not that I expect him to hit .226 all year, but that I expect his RBI total to be about 75 because the Oakland offense rivals the Pirates' lineup as the worst in baseball. Rolen could hit .260 and he'll still knock in 100 runs in that lineup.

guz
05-04-2005, 01:04 PM

Yeah my reason for trading Chavez is not that I expect him to hit .226 all year, but that I expect his RBI total to be about 75 because the Oakland offense rivals the Pirates' lineup as the worst in baseball. Rolen could hit .260 and he'll still knock in 100 runs in that lineup. actually, i've changed my mind. i think you've screwed yourself over in three consecutive trades, now. Foulke will continue to destroy your ERA/WHIP, Rolen will miss 20+ games due to injury, Renteria will continue to disappoint, and Morneau will.....uh....he'll be Morneau. Bonds will play 30 games, and Westbrook will win about 6.