View Full Version : Piniella v. Schilling


Axis of Action
04-28-2005, 10:24 PM
I'm so glad the Red Sox are going after the D-Rays

it's just hilarious

Lou Piniella will eat you alive

neopryn
04-28-2005, 10:26 PM
curt needs to pick his fights

Phobophile
04-28-2005, 10:26 PM
Schilling is one of the sport's most pompous, self-righteous douche bags.

neopryn
04-28-2005, 10:27 PM
that's why he's so awesome

Phobophile
04-28-2005, 10:29 PM
I loved Pinella's response, too. "I've forgotten more about the game than he knows". I think Lou would fit in great here!

MusicMan4
04-28-2005, 10:34 PM
Schilling is awesome

he posts on message boards

Axis of Action
04-28-2005, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by Phobophile
I loved Pinella's response, too. "I've forgotten more about the game than he knows". I think Lou would fit in great here!

Piniella rules. Like, flat out. I can't believe Schilling would even begin to attack him. Especially on a public radio. Like, that man has no tact.

Phobophile
04-28-2005, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by Sean Casey
Schilling is awesome

he posts on message boards

What, like the "What Would Jesus Do?" board? Seriously, let me know because I want to flame him.

Sepiae
04-28-2005, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by Phobophile


What, like the "What Would Jesus Do?" board? Seriously, let me know because I want to flame him.

It's a baseball board. You have to apply to post.

http://www.baseballhalloffame.org/hofers_and_honorees/hofer_bios/images/fisk_carlton_4.jpg

"I can take Lou Piniella. And I'm prettier."

MusicMan4
04-28-2005, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by Axis of Action


Piniella rules. Like, flat out. I can't believe Schilling would even begin to attack him. Especially on a public radio. Like, that man has no tact.

Schilling is just as awesome and hilarious as Piniella

ASS CLOWN

Axis of Action
04-28-2005, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by Sean Casey


Schilling is just as awesome and hilarious as Piniella

ASS CLOWN

incorrect

http://info.fuw.edu.pl/~szczytko/Rafiki.gif

he was just as awesome

MusicMan4
04-28-2005, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by Axis of Action


incorrect

http://info.fuw.edu.pl/~szczytko/Rafiki.gif

he was just as awesome

ive never seen Piniella go on a message board and call someone an ASS CLOWN

good old gehrig38 has

MusicMan4
04-28-2005, 10:46 PM
celebrities endear themselves to me by posting on message boards

Phobophile
04-28-2005, 10:48 PM
No, I agree with Sean. When he mentioned Jesus and that he was born-again during an interview after he had just pitched in that game against the yankees last post season, I laughed.

Seriously, what a fucking loser.

Axis of Action
04-28-2005, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by Sean Casey
celebrities endear themselves to me by posting on message boards

I can understand that

but that don't to me

hey guys

guys seriously

schilling bled once

on his ankle

he's a hero

seriously

come on guys

throw him a parade

Phobophile
04-28-2005, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by Sean Casey
celebrities endear themselves to me by posting on message boards

That's because you're a fat fuck with no social life.

MusicMan4
04-28-2005, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by Axis of Action


I can understand that

but that don't to me

hey guys

guys seriously

schilling bled once

on his ankle

he's a hero

seriously

come on guys

throw him a parade

he had a fucking torn ligament or something that they stapled to his bone. fucking dumbshit yankees fans

MusicMan4
04-28-2005, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by Phobophile


That's because you're a fat fuck with no social life.

i have a social life

Phobophile
04-28-2005, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by Sean Casey


he had a fucking torn ligament or something that they stapled to his bone. fucking dumbshit yankees fans

Wait, he's a yankees fan? Well.. fuck it. I still think Schilling's a douche.

MusicMan4
04-28-2005, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by Phobophile
No, I agree with Sean. When he mentioned Jesus and that he was born-again during an interview after he had just pitched in that game against the yankees last post season, I laughed.

Seriously, what a fucking loser.

athletes do that shit all the time
its just a thing

the only thing he did that pissed me off was endorse bush. but i can be friends with republicans. why the hell not. schillings definitely cooler than that faggot randy johnson

Sepiae
04-28-2005, 10:52 PM
Silly Sam. The parade was for Johnny Damon. He looks like Jesus!

Axis of Action
04-28-2005, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by Sean Casey


he had a fucking torn ligament or something that they stapled to his bone. fucking dumbshit yankees fans

oh get over yourself

you don't like the Red Sox Sean

MusicMan4
04-28-2005, 10:54 PM
GAY-ROD

POSADA IS A LITTLE BITCH

sppunk
04-28-2005, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by Axis of Action


oh get over yourself

you don't like the Red Sox Sean When Torre's fired in two weeks, who's gonna be New York's manager? LOL

Boner
04-28-2005, 11:05 PM
How awesome would that be if neither the Red Sox nor Yankees won that division.

Won't happen, but it's nice to dream.

Axis of Action
04-28-2005, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by sppunk
When Torre's fired in two weeks, who's gonna be New York's manager? LOL

LOL cause it's Torre's fault!

Phobophile
04-28-2005, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by Sean Casey


athletes do that shit all the time
its just a thing

the only thing he did that pissed me off was endorse bush. but i can be friends with republicans. why the hell not. schillings definitely cooler than that faggot randy johnson

Of course he endorsed bush.. he's a born-again!

Randy Johnson is definitely a piece of shit, but I've never heard him spout religious bullshit, and that gives him the edge.

sppunk
04-28-2005, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by Axis of Action


LOL cause it's Torre's fault! That's the point, dude ...

MusicMan4
04-28-2005, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by Phobophile


Of course he endorsed bush.. he's a born-again!

Randy Johnson is definitely a piece of shit, but I've never heard him spout religious bullshit, and that gives him the edge.

In a press conference last season before he said "I've done everything short of selling my soul to help this franchise win" he made his kid cover his ears before he said "selling my soul"

it was hysterically gay

Sepiae
04-28-2005, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by Phobophile


Of course he endorsed bush.. he's a born-again!

Randy Johnson is definitely a piece of shit, but I've never heard him spout religious bullshit, and that gives him the edge.

He just shoves cameramen.

And to be fair, that's something Schill would never EVER do...

Axis of Action
04-28-2005, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by sppunk
That's the point, dude ...

I think it's probably more the shitty ball these guys are playing.

MusicMan4
04-28-2005, 11:25 PM
POSADA IS A LITTLE BITCH

Nimrod's Son
04-28-2005, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by Sepiae


It's a baseball board. You have to apply to post.

http://www.baseballhalloffame.org/hofers_and_honorees/hofer_bios/images/fisk_carlton_4.jpg

"I can take Lou Piniella. And I'm prettier."
actually he posts on two boards, one of which isn't an elitist "no dissenting opinions" stepford fagfest

Sepiae
04-28-2005, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by Sean Casey
POSADA IS A LITTLE BITCH

I saw this on a bumper sticker when my uncle was driving me to Logan airport. :) A bumper sticker. Oh, but we will buy anything.

sppunk
04-28-2005, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by Axis of Action


I think it's probably more the shitty ball these guys are playing. No, see Sam, that's my point ...

If they continue (which it look like they will), Stein's dumb ass will fire Torre in two weeks because he can't just go fire the players. That's his style, and it's inane and backward.

MusicMan4
04-28-2005, 11:28 PM
its my favorite anti-yankee red sox thing because they werent even trying at all

sppunk
04-28-2005, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by Nimrod's Son

actually he posts on two boards, one of which isn't an elitist "no dissenting opinions" stepford fagfest There are TONS of dissention opinions on SOSH, dude.

Phobophile
04-28-2005, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by Sean Casey


In a press conference last season before he said "I've done everything short of selling my soul to help this franchise win" he made his kid cover his ears before he said "selling my soul"

it was hysterically gay

That is pretty gay, but still not as gay as thanking Jesus and being a born-again Christian. Those are the worst fucking ones.

Axis of Action
04-28-2005, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by sppunk
No, see Sam, that's my point ...

If they continue (which it look like they will), Stein's dumb ass will fire Torre in two weeks because he can't just go fire the players. That's his style, and it's inane and backward.

fair enough


I think it's more likely he'll slaughter Pavano and ARod in their sleep


but I can see him firing Torre too

which will make me put my head in my hands and cry and wait for the Dark Ages to end

Nimrod's Son
04-28-2005, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by sppunk
When Torre's fired in two weeks, who's gonna be New York's manager? LOL He's still the manager, right?

Ask Grady Little what it's like to get fired for "only" taking a team to game 7 of the ALCS.

Torre has more tenure than any manager right now except I believe Bruce Bochy

sppunk
04-28-2005, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by Nimrod's Son
He's still the manager, right?

Ask Grady Little what it's like to get fired for "only" taking a team to game 7 of the ALCS.

Torre has more tenure than any manager right now except I believe Bruce Bochy None of that matters, Little was fired for the same reason Torre will be - the team didn't/isn't winning.

I think it's a crock of shit if (when) it happens, but I do think it's inevitable.

Nimrod's Son
04-28-2005, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by sppunk
No, see Sam, that's my point ...

If they continue (which it look like they will), Stein's dumb ass will fire Torre in two weeks because he can't just go fire the players. That's his style, and it's inane and backward.
not really. if dissenting opinion you mean "i think this batting order works best" vs. "no this slightly different order is superior, then ok.

but seriously, SOSH is an elitist fagfest. even people I know who are registered there don't deny it.

Phobophile
04-28-2005, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by Nimrod's Son

Torre has more tenure than any manager right now except I believe Bruce Bochy

The fact that he has been there for such a long time is only increasing the odds that he'll be canned. This is The Jew we're talking about.

Nimrod's Son
04-28-2005, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by sppunk
None of that matters, Little was fired for the same reason Torre will be - the team didn't/isn't winning.

I think it's a crock of shit if (when) it happens, but I do think it's inevitable. Torre has been manager for 9 years

If he were to get "fired for the same reason as Little" he would have been fired in the off season because he also lost the 7th game of the ALCS

How many managers has Lucchino had during his tenure? 3 by my count.

How many managers have the Yankees had during that time? 1. And it's not that they've been winning, as Lucchino didn't own the club in 2000.

I know you hate Steinbrenner because he's one of the only owners to put his profits into a team on the field, but c'mon

sppunk
04-28-2005, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by Nimrod's Son
Torre has been manager for 9 years

If he were to get "fired for the same reason as Little" he would have been fired in the off season because he also lost the 7th game of the ALCS

How many managers has Lucchino had during his tenure? 3 by my count.

How many managers have the Yankees had during that time? 1. And it's not that they've been winning, as Lucchino didn't own the club in 2000.

I know you hate Steinbrenner because he's one of the only owners to put his profits into a team on the field, but c'mon What the hell? I said Torre's going to be fired - why are you bringing up anything else? Torre's a winner - he's proven that. None of the past Red Sox managers had WON.

And, I don't have Steinbrenner because that - I hate him because he cuts employees' health insurance for bullshit luxury box expansions. There are quite a few owners that put profits into the team, those owners just don't have the huge TV/radio contracts that New York has the luxury of living off of.

Nimrod's Son
04-28-2005, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by sppunk
There are quite a few owners that put profits into the team, those owners just don't have the huge TV/radio contracts that every other franchise gets a piece of and has the luxury of living off of. fixed

sppunk
04-28-2005, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by Nimrod's Son
fixed There is not total revenue sharing in baseball - Tampa Bay does not have the same fortunate as New York.

Phobophile
04-28-2005, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by sppunk
There is not total revenue sharing in baseball - Tampa Bay does not have the same fortunate as New York.

I like how he cut out the part about the cutting of employee health benefits. I had <i>completely</i> forgotten about that until now.

Nimrod's Son
04-28-2005, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by sppunk
There is not total revenue sharing in baseball - Tampa Bay does not have the same fortunate as New York. nor should they for only drawing 6 fans per ballgame

that team needs to move to vegas or portland

sppunk
04-28-2005, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by Nimrod's Son
nor should they for only drawing 6 fans per ballgame

that team needs to move to vegas or portland Right, so don't spout bullshit like the other owners are shitty because they can't have a $210m budget.

Nimrod's Son
04-29-2005, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by sppunk
Right, so don't spout bullshit like the other owners are shitty because they can't have a $210m budget. no, tampa is shitty because the revenue sharing/luxury tax money they receive from the Yankees alone is MORE than their entire payroll

THAT is why they are shitty. That money is supposed to go to fielding a competitive product

Same goes for the Royals, Pirates and a few other greedily owned franchises

neopryn
04-29-2005, 12:21 AM
go bucs

Phobophile
04-29-2005, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by Nimrod's Son
no, tampa is shitty because the revenue sharing/luxury tax money they receive from the Yankees alone is MORE than their entire payroll

THAT is why they are shitty. That money is supposed to go to fielding a competitive product

Same goes for the Royals

Well.. as of right now, the Yankees are only a game up on the Rays. That's $200 million well spent so far, I'd say!

Nimrod's Son
04-29-2005, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by Phobophile


Well.. as of right now, the Yankees are only a game up on the Rays. That's $200 million well spent so far, I'd say! if titles were decided in april the braves would have 10 rings because they never would have to choke in the postseason

Phobophile
04-29-2005, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by Nimrod's Son
if titles were decided in april the braves would have 10 rings because they never would have to choke in the postseason

Actually, the Braves are notoriously slow starters.. but that was a nice try.

Nimrod's Son
04-29-2005, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by Phobophile


Actually, the Braves are notoriously slow starters.. but that was a nice try. slow finishers, too

Phobophile
04-29-2005, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by Nimrod's Son
slow finishers, too

I really wouldn't be saying anything if I were you. Your team's owner has spent hundreds of millions of dollars for nothing more than what the Braves have gotten over the past few years, and at far less of a price.

Your team also pulled off <i>the</i> biggest choke in the history of sports last year, bud. Not only that, but during the breakdown, Gay-rod showed exactly what he was made of by slapping at Bronson Arroyo as he ran down the first base line.

Nimrod's Son
04-29-2005, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by Phobophile


I really wouldn't be saying anything if I were you. Your team's owner has spent hundreds of millions of dollars for nothing more than what the Braves have gotten over the past few years, and at far less of a price.

Your team also pulled off <i>the</i> biggest choke in the history of sports last year, bud. Not only that, but during the breakdown, Gay-rod showed exactly what he was made of by slapping at Bronson Arroyo as he ran down the first base line. the braves made 14 post seasons in a row. one ring.

they are hands down the worst postseason team in the history of professional sports

thanks for 1996 and 1999 btw

neopryn
04-29-2005, 12:43 AM
oh shit, i just realized phobophile's team is the reason that i'll never see a winning team again.

now i really hate you

Phobophile
04-29-2005, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by Nimrod's Son
the braves made 14 post seasons in a row. one ring.

they are hands down the worst postseason team in the history of professional sports

thanks for 1996 and 1999 btw

That's cool. I can accept my team's failures, or "chokes", if you will. There were moments where the series were changed and things could have, and likely should have, been different.

The bottom line is, your team has had the <i>exact same</i> finish as my team in 2001-2004. The only difference is that your team has spent much more on it's players.

You're also ignoring what I just said about the Yankees pulling off the biggest choke in post season history, to a cursed team no less. That doesn't surprise me, though. You come off as an arrogant, pompous ass with an erectile dysfunction.

sppunk
04-29-2005, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by Phobophile




The bottom line is, your team has had the <i>exact same</i> finish as my team in 2001-2004.. Well, so has Kansas City. The difference? They were expected not to win - the Braves and Yankees were expected TO win the Series.

Phobophile
04-29-2005, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by sppunk
Well, so has Kansas City. The difference? They were expected not to win - the Braves and Yankees were expected TO win the Series.

Uh.. no. With some of those squads that were put out there, the Braves weren't even picked to win their own division by a great deal of people. The Yankees, on the other hand, are constantly picked to win not only their division, but the World Series as well.

The Braves have a budget, and while it may be higher than teams like the Royals or Twins, they still have one.. the Yankees on the other hand.. well, they just go out and buy whatever they want. I'd love for a player to say "fuck you" to the Yankees. Sort of like how John Smoltz took less money to stay with the Braves and be their closer, when the Yankees were guaranteeing more money and a starting spot in the rotation a couple years back.

Nimrod's Son
04-29-2005, 01:46 AM
Originally posted by Phobophile


That's cool. I can accept my team's failures, or "chokes", if you will. There were moments where the series were changed and things could have, and likely should have, been different.

The bottom line is, your team has had the <i>exact same</i> finish as my team in 2001-2004. The only difference is that your team has spent much more on it's players.

You're also ignoring what I just said about the Yankees pulling off the biggest choke in post season history, to a cursed team no less. That doesn't surprise me, though. You come off as an arrogant, pompous ass with an erectile dysfunction. There never was a curse. The Sox just sucked for 86 years.


anyway, you're just jealous because this haunts your dreams:


http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/nyy/photo/photogallery/anniversary/1954_2003/14.jpg


oh and chris, the red sox were the vegas favorite to win it all in 2004. not the yankees or the braves

Phobophile
04-29-2005, 01:49 AM
Originally posted by Nimrod's Son
There never was a curse. The Sox just sucked for 86 years.


anyway, you're just jealous because this haunts your dreams:


http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/nyy/photo/photogallery/anniversary/1954_2003/14.jpg


oh and chris, the red sox were the vegas favorite to win it all in 2004. not the yankees or the braves

You're right. I can't go to sleep at night because of Leyritz's ugly mug. It's almost as bad as dreaming about you.