View Full Version : WXRT - New Billy song to be played in a few.

Corganist
04-20-2005, 09:59 PM
www.wxrt.com

Don't know if its A100 or not. The DJ didn't say. They have a thing to listen online. Someone with recording ability get on there QUICK just in case.

Corganist
04-20-2005, 10:08 PM
Its A100.

Guess this probably solves where the leak came from. When the server was messing up here earlier I went over to Blamo (I knew of nowhere else to go!!), and someone had said they had played a new Billy song on XRT this afternoon. I imagine the leak is radio sourced.

Ensoul
04-20-2005, 10:42 PM
thats strange. I'm surprised he released a track with the description he gave it... ah well. If every song on the album is as good as this song, it should be a pretty good album.

Dead
04-20-2005, 10:58 PM
Maybe WXRT got the song from the internet just like us.

NilSineDeo
04-20-2005, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by Dead
Maybe WXRT got the song from the internet just like us.

yeah, but they wouldn't be able to legally play it then, would they?

vanilla
04-20-2005, 11:28 PM
interesting!

Cherub Angel
04-20-2005, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by NilSineDeo

i think they would...they may get in a little trouble, but I don't think anyone will complain about free promotion.

vanilla
04-20-2005, 11:41 PM
so, who's recording? i can't listen from work.

Dead
04-21-2005, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by Cherub Angel

i think they would...they may get in a little trouble, but I don't think anyone will complain about free promotion.
What he said.

Luke de Spa
04-21-2005, 01:53 AM
Originally posted by Dead

What he said.
My hunch is that "A100" is a sanctioned leak, just to keep the fanbase buzzing along in case the Billy-Blog doesn't keep building the internet-momentum for the solo album. If they can keep the album from leaking via "You're fucked" watermarking paranoia or whatever, I imagine we'll see more tracks popping up in the weeks to come.

WXRT probably has the track for the same reason. It's not a single; it's a taster. All promotion. This album is coming out several months later than intended, right? After the Zwan debacle, I reckon Warner Reprise and BC are going to want to do everything they can to make this album a success. They have to keep people interested.

Does anyone here really think BC would be drip-feeding the public his life story if he didn't have an album coming out in a couple of months?

Quiet CD
04-21-2005, 02:01 AM
Originally posted by Lucky Day Spa

My hunch is that "A100" is a sanctioned leak, just to keep the fanbase buzzing along in case the Billy-Blog doesn't keep building the internet-momentum for the solo album. If they can keep the album from leaking via "You're fucked" watermarking paranoia or whatever, I imagine we'll see more tracks popping up in the weeks to come.

WXRT probably has the track for the same reason. It's not a single; it's a taster. All promotion. This album is coming out several months later than intended, right? After the Zwan debacle, I reckon Warner Reprise and BC are going to want to do everything they can to make this album a success. They have to keep people interested.

Does anyone here really think BC would be drip-feeding the public his life story if he didn't have an album coming out in a couple of months?

not everyone on netphoria is an idiot, thank god for some smart ass mormons.

guz
04-21-2005, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by Lucky Day Spa

Spaceboy88
04-21-2005, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by NilSineDeo

It wouldn't be "illegal" to play it...they would just get a lot of shit from Reprise.

sweter33
04-21-2005, 12:35 PM
so.. perhaps it's a radio promo, as if...? not a single, but just promoting the album (like "muzzle")?

Spaceboy88
04-21-2005, 12:36 PM
Or they downloaded it and wanted to be "leet" so they played it.

Happens all the time.

Dead
04-21-2005, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by Spaceboy88
Or they downloaded it and wanted to be "leet" so they played it.

Happens all the time.
Ya that's what I said.