View Full Version : god, i'm so fucking pissed right now

severin
04-15-2005, 03:35 AM
my boss surely has an awesome ability to demotivate his employees....

mhm..details would be nice, wouldn't they be?

so, i filed a request for 2 days of on coming monday and tuesday (tuesday is my birthday, i never work on my birthday) on march 29th. and i haven't heard anything back. so i decided to drop him a mail and ask what's going on. in austria it is law that if you request days off and you do not get a negative reply within 2 weeks or so, they are approved. so he comes to my office and pretty much tells me that he doesn't think the current situation would allow for me to be 2 days off work, since we are behind schedule on a project. so i tell him my status on the project and what we are dealing with right now and all that and he suddenly says he can't decide this now and i have to talk to our ceo. so off we go to the ceo. he pretty much tells me the same and then comes up with a compromise: i could go if i worked on a saturday in exchange. so i tell him: "sir, i've been working through the weekends for pretty much all of the last 2 months, i've accumulated more than 150 overtime hours since january...that's one of the reasons i want these days off..." he just looked at me and checked my records on when i was in...and then tells me that it is ok, but that i'm not to tell people that it's because of my birthday because that might look bad in the eyes of our project-team members...

so, i have those days off, but it's so fucked up. i mean my project manager has approved the 2 days off, otherwise i wouldn't even have been able to file the request.

if they wouldn't have given me the days off i would have quit my job right there.

/rant

oh, and i know that this might look like a non -issue to most, but those things are exactly the things that piss me off most about our company

Isle
04-15-2005, 03:46 AM
you should have done a fight club and beat yourself up in their office if they didn't let you go

Isle
04-15-2005, 03:47 AM
but well done anyway sev

daydreamer999
04-15-2005, 06:02 AM
hey this reminded me of fight club as well.

Coen
04-15-2005, 06:30 AM
This doesn't look like a non-issue to me. I mean, It's really important to me that my boss sees me as a person and not as a number who just needs to get his work done.

pink_ribbon_scars
04-15-2005, 11:26 AM
at least it's going to be our birthday and you did get off work.

pink_ribbon_scars
04-15-2005, 11:28 AM
i have to work. but that's okay. this way more people can fawn over me for my birthday. ._.

meow
04-15-2005, 12:36 PM
go up to them and tell them you want to cash in your OT hours instead of taking the time

THEN see what they have to say

Mo
04-15-2005, 01:27 PM
seriously, your company sucks

severin
04-15-2005, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by meow
go up to them and tell them you want to cash in your OT hours instead of taking the time

THEN see what they have to say actually i had 50 OT hours paid out in february and 50 more are on the way...that's one thing that does really work.

Voice Implodes
04-15-2005, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Isle
you should have done a fight club and beat yourself up in their office if they didn't let you go

that would rule. kinda liek homer...

"can't you go back to your old job?"

" not the way i quit!"