View Full Version : i can't take it any longer...

tomthum81
04-14-2005, 05:41 PM
SOMEONE LEAK IT!!

haha... havent been this pumped to hear someting in a long time.

Quiet
04-14-2005, 05:42 PM
My thoughts exactly. If this many people have already heard it, it shouldn't be too much longer...

Phoenix Down
04-14-2005, 05:44 PM
it's listed in the latest warner germany release dates email. i call them tomorrow and ask if they have promo cds

Cherub Angel
04-14-2005, 08:51 PM
the problem, dearies, is that these discs are probably heavily watermarked....and anyone who gets caught uploading them to the net will probably have their ass in a sling for the rest of their life.

Phoenix Down
04-15-2005, 09:03 AM
yeah that sucks. I just talked to them and i will get the album tomorrow or monday, depending on the mail. Also I'm on the list for potential interviews in two weeks in germany. ..i should be knowing more next week. that would be so awesome.

Rockin' Cherub
04-15-2005, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by Phoenix Down
I just talked to them and i will get the album tomorrow or monday, depending on the mail.
:eek:

sweter33
04-15-2005, 10:50 AM
yeah that sucks. I just talked to them and i will get the album tomorrow or monday, depending on the mail. Also I'm on the list for potential interviews in two weeks in germany. ..i should be knowing more next week. that would be so awesome.

don't be an arse and don't upload it so that we're all tempted to download it... :mad:

by the way, how does this watermarking work? is it somethig digital...? sorry i'm lame

pee pee colada
04-15-2005, 10:58 AM
how exactly does the watermarking work?

Phoenix Down
04-15-2005, 11:19 AM
i suppose i won't upload it. But I certainly could do a more detailed review if anyone cares

don't know anything about this watermark thing either

ZackZ
04-15-2005, 11:21 AM
Watermarking involves implanting a signal in the file that is inaudible to humans, and can be extracted with a decoder program so they can find out who leaked it. The signal is created in such a way that it is very hard to get rid of, even by heavy filtering and other manipulation of the sound.

sweter33
04-15-2005, 11:42 AM
But I certainly could do a more detailed review if anyone cares

sure, i do
that'd be great

seign
04-15-2005, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by ZackZ
Watermarking involves implanting a signal in the file that is inaudible to humans, and can be extracted with a decoder program so they can find out who leaked it. The signal is created in such a way that it is very hard to get rid of, even by heavy filtering and other manipulation of the sound.

can't you record it with an external mic while it's playing?

NilSineDeo
04-15-2005, 12:02 PM

wait, so you can just call WB and request a promo CD?

that doesn't seem right. if it was that easy, i'm sure everybody would be doing it.

Phoenix Down
04-15-2005, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by NilSineDeo

wait, so you can just call WB and request a promo CD?

that doesn't seem right. if it was that easy, i'm sure everybody would be doing it.

nah, i work as a music journalist. it's my job do to this stuff and of course they know me there.
now i feel kinda bad for this previlege : (

tomthum81
04-15-2005, 12:31 PM

spacey raygun
04-15-2005, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by seign

if you want it to sound like shit

Axis of Action
04-15-2005, 12:57 PM
can't you use a program and crop it out? even if it's inaudible, it should still show up in audio editors

NilSineDeo
04-15-2005, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by Axis of Action
can't you use a program and crop it out? even if it's inaudible, it should still show up in audio editors

yeah, that's what i was thinking

ZackZ
04-15-2005, 01:48 PM

No, not really. Inaudible doesn't necessarily mean out of the human hearing range (20hz - 20Khz), but "unnoticeable". It's actually implanted directly into the soundwaves, so it actually looks like part of the song, generally, but they have some way of knowing how to extract it. I don't think recording it from the speakers would work either. The signal would still be there. All watermarks, whether for audio, video, graphics, etc. are meant to be very robust and impermeable to a various assortment of assualts. Each watermarking program uses a certain technique, so if you knew what program was used (and you were pretty smart) you could make a crack.

And whoever made the CDs could also be bluffing. I've only created watermarks for .jpg files, so I wouldn't know how to go about detecting watermarks in audio.

Ensoul
04-15-2005, 02:42 PM
hey, someone can send it to me through aim (mikevm27) and I'll upload it to the world. I've got the space. eh? ;)

but yeah, I really want to hear this... and review it for the magazine I work for but they can't seem to get any promos at the moment for some odd reason.

spacey raygun
04-15-2005, 09:24 PM
i found these links about digital watermarking

http://www.magellanhardware.co.uk/watermarking.asp
http://www.magellanhardware.co.uk/watermarking2.asp

pee pee colada
04-15-2005, 09:37 PM
whoa, what if you somehow got EAC of two seperate watermarked copies and nullified the discrepancies between them. would they STILL be able to trace it.

Axis of Action
04-15-2005, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by pee pee colada
whoa, what if you somehow got EAC of two seperate watermarked copies and nullified the discrepancies between them. would they STILL be able to trace it.

interesting theory

that might work

or would at least skew the watermark

pee pee colada
04-15-2005, 09:50 PM

interesting theory

that might work

or would at least skew the watermark lets work on it.

seign
04-17-2005, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by spacey raygun

if you want it to sound like shit

Not if someone taped it with the right set-up. I'm sure some of the people on the trading forum could record a copy that wouldn't be noticable to people with untrained ears. Some of their live boots are unbeleivable. Also, a poor sounding recording is better than the nothing that we have so far. I'm sure anyone that would spend the time to hear such a copy are the same people that are going to buy the album regardless anyway. Just a suggestion though. I can wait until the official release.

Phoenix Down
04-18-2005, 06:40 AM
i still haven't received my copy...fucken warner, fucken mail

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

fuk_tha_nub
04-18-2005, 10:37 AM
my old warner bros rep was a total asshole and he was always like ' oh yeah i ll get that out to you right away plus i ll send you evey promo flat/poster ive got ... blah blah blah ... oh yeah ill get you those tickets to the show no problem man !!!! ' bullshit !!!!
it took him years to give me comp tickets for a flaming lips show [mind you i didnt mind paying it just feels good for some reason to get free tickets oh and you usually get a pass and thats cool] so yeah you may be waiting a while if your warner connection is anything like mine used to be

sweter33
04-18-2005, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by seign

I can wait until the official release.

I think I can resist the temptation too (once it leaks)

anyways... 64 days left for the official release :)

Phoenix Down
04-18-2005, 12:31 PM
i already held the CD in my hands today....just holding it.

but this gay watermark copy control fucken shit thing had to spoil it all.

i didnt listen to one song, nor was i allowed to take it home....(it belonged to MAXIM Magazine germany)...this fucker could just have said "alright dude, you're obviously a big fan, just take it". what a twat.

spfreak
04-18-2005, 12:34 PM
what does the cover look like?

Phoenix Down
04-19-2005, 07:00 AM
i just got it. it's just cd and tracklist, no cover or artwork.
i will now listen to it for a the next couple of hours and later post my thoughts on it

Isle
04-19-2005, 07:03 AM
i will now listen to it for a the next couple of hours and later post my thoughts on it

sweter33
04-19-2005, 07:18 AM
http://tinypic.com/4j9hyd

Soulseek.
and that's just "lokicat" :)

Phoenix Down
04-19-2005, 07:21 AM
yeah, i already posted that

The New
04-19-2005, 07:22 AM
"Hammer and Nales"....not on the tracklist that's been posted

Phoenix Down
04-19-2005, 07:32 AM
tracklist as posted is the correct tracklist

sweter33
04-19-2005, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by Screamin' Wild
"Hammer and Nales"....

yeah, someone had idiotic idea for a title. sounds like the Marked ... ball and chain, life and death, hammer and nales... :rolleyes:

Rockin' Cherub
04-19-2005, 09:07 AM
OMG OMG OMG PHOENIX DOWN POST MORE

Rockin' Cherub
04-19-2005, 01:09 PM
PEOPLE, THIS GUY HAS GOT THE ALBUM SO PLEASE COULD YOU GIVE ME SOME OMGS I WANT TO HEAR SOME OMGS

fuk_tha_nub
04-19-2005, 01:15 PM
OMG ... there are you ficking happy now ???

yeah you with the god damn record start talking .... now !!!!!!!

tomthum81
04-19-2005, 01:23 PM
:eek: yeah dude... give us a play by play or something.

Rockin' Cherub
04-19-2005, 01:27 PM
(i think he's listening to it on headphones repeatedly while closing his eyes, at least that's what i would do)

Zorgon
04-19-2005, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by sweter33
sounds like the Marked ... ball and chain, life and death, hammer and nales... :rolleyes:

yeah dude, totally. along with soot and stars, blissed and gone, raindrops and sunshowers, farewell and goodnight, frail and bedazzled... :rolleyes: