View Full Version : How FUCKING RAD is Billy's blog right now

gpub
04-14-2005, 04:18 AM
Common. It's from the heart. Can you deny this?

Sam and Mike
04-14-2005, 06:32 AM
It's pretty rad. Even radder than your avatar which is really, really rad.

gpub
04-14-2005, 11:43 AM
yeah... my avatar is pretty rad. That new Stripes album should be really rad and the new promo shots will always be rad. They always do cool/rad stuff with that.

Isle
04-14-2005, 11:43 AM
this thread is rad

gpub
04-14-2005, 12:14 PM
You're pretty rad yourself Isle

RockLobster
04-14-2005, 12:19 PM
bolly is kickin it confessions part two

ZWANPHONY
04-14-2005, 12:31 PM
it's FUCKING RAD. that's how rad it is.

vanilla
04-14-2005, 01:44 PM
it's almost as good as an orgasm.

Cool As Ice Cream
04-14-2005, 02:00 PM
One word. Rad.

teh b0lly!!1
04-14-2005, 02:02 PM
word

.. i mean RAD :rolleyes:

gpub
04-14-2005, 02:41 PM
Seriously.... I think rad is truly the only way it can be described.

On a side note, where the hell did rad come from.

downerbuzz
04-14-2005, 02:42 PM
radical perhaps?

Quiet
04-14-2005, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by gpub
Seriously.... I think rad is truly the only way it can be described.

On a side note, where the hell did rad come from.

rad2 ( P ) Pronunciation Key (rd)
adj. Slang
Excellent; wonderful.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Short for radical.]

downerbuzz
04-14-2005, 02:46 PM
rad

Cool As Ice Cream
04-14-2005, 02:48 PM
R A D

downerbuzz
04-14-2005, 02:51 PM
anyone else here listening to adore alot more than usual now because of his rad stories?

Phoenix Down
04-14-2005, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by downerbuzz
anyone else here listening to adore alot more than usual now because of his rad stories?

yes. and to rad in a cage. okay, that was lame.

Quiet
04-14-2005, 02:54 PM

I listened to it yesterday... I know I'll catch hell for this, but I've always had a hard time getting into it. There are some songs I really love, but others I guess I have to be in the mood for. It's a good album though.

downerbuzz
04-14-2005, 02:58 PM
it's ok, we're here for you.

gpub
04-14-2005, 03:26 PM
radical perhaps?

duh... I an ass:(

Sapphire
04-14-2005, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by Quiet

I listened to it yesterday... I know I'll catch hell for this, but I've always had a hard time getting into it. There are some songs I really love, but others I guess I have to be in the mood for. It's a good album though.

Blank Page comes on too Goddamn late. It's a wonderful song, but after a few of the snoozefests on the album, you're just too worn out for it.

Quiet
04-14-2005, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by Sapphire

Blank Page comes on too Goddamn late. It's a wonderful song, but after a few of the snoozefests on the album, you're just too worn out for it.

Same with "For Martha". How the hell am I supposed to sit through "Appels + Oranjes" knowing that "For Martha" is coming up later? It's like sitting through Carrot Top when you know you could be seeing Chris Rock instead.

Ugly
04-14-2005, 04:08 PM
ZAD!

Corganist
04-14-2005, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by Quiet

Same with "For Martha". How the hell am I supposed to sit through "Appels + Oranjes" knowing that "For Martha" is coming up later? It's like sitting through Carrot Top when you know you could be seeing Chris Rock instead.
I think Adore moves at a pretty good clip until it gets to the unholy trifecta of Dusty, Annie Dog, and Shame. You take those three out, you've got a damn good album that's easy to listen to in one sitting no sweat. But having those three songs on there, all together no less, just kills the album dead...despite the greatness of everything before and after them.

Pisces101
04-14-2005, 04:16 PM
I only got to read the first two pages before having to run off to the bus, therefore i cryed my eyes out all 1 2 3 period. i am so pathetic :blush:

Phoenix Down
04-14-2005, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by Corganist

I think Adore moves at a pretty good clip until it gets to the unholy trifecta of Dusty, Annie Dog, and Shame. You take those three out, you've got a damn good album that's easy to listen to in one sitting no sweat. But having those three songs on there, all together no less, just kills the album dead...despite the greatness of everything before and after them.

but then you wouldn't have Shame on the record, which makes it an incredibly stupid idea. especially after bolly explained what this songs mean to him in his new blog.

Voice Implodes
04-14-2005, 06:24 PM
nads

http://www.emerchandise.com/images/p/BNB/pdSTBNB0001.jpg

alisonmonster
04-14-2005, 06:31 PM
its good - he left me hanging today- "and then everything goes to hell......" c'mon! c'mon!

alisonmonster
04-14-2005, 06:39 PM
and btw ; this will sound odd , i've always tried to get as much SP info as far as i remember but reading these blogs are sort of...i dunno , sort of ruins how i used to think about them. Now i just think of them as a bunch of solemn , pissy , argumentative people. Not thats much of a surprise mind you , though the band definitely takes on a new light when i read about it. it just ruins the whole fantasy. Like about Billy buying a new Ferrari in cash and inviting Helena Christiansen over--- it makes me groan inside.

i'll keep reading though , its too interesting not too.

Corganist
04-14-2005, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by Phoenix Down

but then you wouldn't have Shame on the record, which makes it an incredibly stupid idea. especially after bolly explained what this songs mean to him in his new blog.
Sentimental value doesn't make a bad song good. If I could banish one song from the entire SP catalogue, it'd be Shame. Worst. Song. Ever.

Corganist
04-14-2005, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by alisonmonster
and btw ; this will sound odd , i've always tried to get as much SP info as far as i remember but reading these blogs are sort of...i dunno , sort of ruins how i used to think about them. Now i just think of them as a bunch of solemn , pissy , argumentative people. Not thats much of a surprise mind you , though the band definitely takes on a new light when i read about it. it just ruins the whole fantasy. Like about Billy buying a new Ferrari in cash and inviting Helena Christiansen over--- it makes me groan inside.

i'll keep reading though , its too interesting not too.
I don't know. For some reason or another, I feel like this has just confirmed things I already knew about the band (or at least things that I had gathered from hints and evidence). So its not really ruining anything for me. If anything, its really interesting to me just how close my perceptions of the band dynamics match what actually happened. (or Billy's version of it anyway).

That said, I'm really interested in the story of the Machina era. There's a lot of blank pieces in the story that can be filled in there.

SpFission
04-14-2005, 07:00 PM
Sentimental value doesn't make a bad song good. If I could banish one song from the entire SP catalogue, it'd be Shame. Worst. Song. Ever.

WOOOOW, thats my favorite song on Adore........

seign
04-14-2005, 07:23 PM

heh.. I always thought I was the only one who never liked that song.

pineapple*soul
04-14-2005, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by seign

heh.. I always thought I was the only one who never liked that song.

it would be good if it didn't go on for so long or if it wasn't so repetitive

frogfusious
04-14-2005, 08:52 PM
Dude, my dad owns a dealership.

Sapphire
04-14-2005, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by pineapple*soul

it would be good if it didn't go on for so long or if it wasn't so repetitive

It's a six minute song that feels like twelve due to the last three minutes and the first three minutes doing nothing and going absolutely nowhere.

Sh-sh-sh-sha-sh-sh-shame.

Repeat that over a droned out fuzz (that repeats in itself) for a few minutes, and you're ready to put a nail through somebody's skull.

Behold! The Nightmare is fucking fantastic, but then For Martha comes on. Some really good ideas in this song, but they seem to be put at such odds that the power gets lost and droned out in there somewhere.

Annie Dog is alright, but when coupled with Shame afterwards, it becomes unbearable.

Dusty is actually a good song. It's got some movement to it.

But Annie + Shame + For Martha just put me to sleep.

Tear is a great song with awful production.

And I never see anyone in here giving Pug the recognition it so rightly deserves.

SpFission
04-14-2005, 09:23 PM
best songs on adore: Shame, Tale of Dusty Pete, Once Upon a Time.
So you're WRONG.

Eulogy
04-14-2005, 09:31 PM
Adore is flawless

if you ignore Annie Dog

Corganist
04-14-2005, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by SpFission
best songs on adore: Shame, Tale of Dusty Pete, Once Upon a Time.
So you're WRONG.
Maybe in Bizarro world.

http://www.bodogbeat.com/archives/bizarro.jpg

frogfusious
04-14-2005, 09:54 PM
I like For Martha. I always thought it had nice Pink Floyd vibe to it. Appels + Oranjes is a great one too.

Quagmire
04-14-2005, 11:33 PM
np: adore vinyl....

the only way to listen to music

gpub
04-15-2005, 02:39 AM
Originally posted by ******
np: adore vinyl....

the only way to listen to music

Finally... I can agree

Axis of Action
04-15-2005, 02:42 AM
Originally posted by Eulogy
Adore is flawless

if you ignore Annie Dog

for me, the most annoying song on it is appels + oranjes, because it's so repetitive and kind of dull. it used to be my favorite, when I first got the album, now it's very far from it. for martha is probably my favorite.

Fat Cop
04-15-2005, 05:04 AM
I actually disliked Shame when I listened to it first. But the thing is, I go through moods when listening to SP like Heavy and Soft songs...after I got kinda sick of listening to the heavy stuff, and then Shame played and the simplicity and honesty of the song really shines. Great lyrics.

Songs I favour less are Perfect, Daphne and Tale, but they have theor place on the album.

Phoenix Down
04-15-2005, 05:38 AM

sentimental value can make a bad song good. certainly for the artist himself and also for the listener. people even think hendrix' star spangled banner is a good listen.
Shame is a great song, the atmosphere is just incredible, the lyrics arent genius, but i love them and they get the message across. james ebow guitar work is nice. you are entitled to dislike whatever you want, but appearantly you just don't get this song. which is cool cause maybe you're not as depressed as everyone else then

Quiet
04-15-2005, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by Axis of Action

for me, the most annoying song on it is appels + oranjes, because it's so repetitive and kind of dull. it used to be my favorite, when I first got the album, now it's very far from it. for martha is probably my favorite.

TiaraGurl
04-15-2005, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by alisonmonster
its good - he left me hanging today- "and then everything goes to hell......" c'mon! c'mon!

I know!

Also fuck yelena she didn't like chicago, forbid him to discuss his marriage, and made him buy leather pants. I knew it.

Reading the stuff about james and d'arcy really bums me out as well. SO many PR type lies were told to the fans.

I like the way this is all coming to light-i wanted to hear more about leaving FL to go back to chicago.

pineapple*soul
04-15-2005, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by TiaraGurl

I know!

Also fuck yelena she didn't like chicago, forbid him to discuss his marriage, and made him buy leather pants. I knew it.

Reading the stuff about james and d'arcy really bums me out as well. SO many PR type lies were told to the fans.

I like the way this is all coming to light-i wanted to hear more about leaving FL to go back to chicago.

are we sure its yelena he's talking about

i thought he's back with her now, so why would he be bitchin about her now?

Wainscott
04-15-2005, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by gpub
Common. It's from the heart. Can you deny this?

Pretty rad, and I love reading the stories, but I wish he wouldn't take so many pot shots at James and D'arcy (true or otherwise), as it makes it hard to hold out for a 2007 reunion tour....

w

TiaraGurl
04-15-2005, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by pineapple*soul

are we sure its yelena he's talking about

i thought he's back with her now, so why would he be bitchin about her now?

in 1998 he was with yelena for sure

I'm too old for all this.

DamingR
04-15-2005, 04:10 PM
I think all the "pot shots" at James and D'arcy help fill in a lot of holes in the SP story and explains a lot of things, particularly the breakup of the band.

It also shows that he no longer values the sanctity of the band. Maybe this means he will be playing some SP material on his solo tour.

I know, I know, you're thinking that I'm crazy. But, think about it. He's posting SP music on MYSPACE\BILLYCORGAN. He's basically saying that those are his songs and they didn't contribute.

I wouldn't be surprised at this point to hear Muzzle, To Sheila, or some others.

Call me crazy, but remember that I said it first if it comes true.

gpub
04-15-2005, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by DamingR
I think all the "pot shots" at James and D'arcy help fill in a lot of holes in the SP story and explains a lot of things, particularly the breakup of the band.

It also shows that he no longer values the sanctity of the band. Maybe this means he will be playing some SP material on his solo tour.

I know, I know, you're thinking that I'm crazy. But, think about it. He's posting SP music on MYSPACE\BILLYCORGAN. He's basically saying that those are his songs and they didn't contribute.

I wouldn't be surprised at this point to hear Muzzle, To Sheila, or some others.

Call me crazy, but remember that I said it first if it comes true.

You're rad

Corganist
04-15-2005, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by DamingR

Yeah. Stand Inside Your Love is up there now. Blog hasn't been updated though.

pineapple*soul
04-15-2005, 04:41 PM

Yeah. Stand Inside Your Love is up there now. Blog hasn't been updated though.

a song he wrote for yelena!

See what im saying people!
CANT YOU MUTHERFOCKERS SEE!!!

i dont know what im trying to prove

Cool As Ice Cream
04-15-2005, 08:39 PM
Anyone said RAD???

Voice Implodes
04-16-2005, 12:04 AM
best adore songs IMO

pug
ava adore
crestfallen
shame
the night mare

woorst

annie dog
dusty + pistol pete.

notthat they are bad songs, i just personally never got into them.

wHATcOLOR
04-16-2005, 12:39 AM
raddest blogs ever. so rad!

pineapple*soul
04-16-2005, 07:04 AM
so rad they're

Red

hurt me

Isle
04-16-2005, 09:09 AM
appels + oranjes is probably mave favourite sp song

Cool As Ice Cream
04-16-2005, 09:21 AM

yes. and to rad in a cage. okay, that was lame. more rad than lame, but ok, whatever.