View Full Version : i am patiently awaiting the renewal of my favourite two t.v. shows.

phaedrus
04-14-2005, 02:11 AM
carnivale and arrested development.

why do people have to be so STUPID?

strange_one
04-14-2005, 02:23 AM
<font color=33FFFF> I doubt carnivale will get another season, I think the best we can hope for is a two-hour finale wrap up or something</font>

Axis of Action
04-14-2005, 02:25 AM
yeah I'm pretty sure Carnivale is done.

here's praying for more AD though. god, what a good fucking show

phaedrus
04-14-2005, 02:25 AM
watching season two, i couldn't help but feel that it would be hard for the show to continue much further, even if HBO wanted to push it.

Axis of Action
04-14-2005, 02:29 AM
Originally posted by phaedrus
watching season two, i couldn't help but feel that it would be hard for the show to continue much further, even if HBO wanted to push it.

from what I saw, they definitely played a lot of their cards. kind of like what X-Files did in the mid-seasons... but they pushed that, and it got ridiculous by the end. It's good to hold the cards, slowly playing them, for a number of seasons. but you can't push the idea too far, or you wind up with Scully having babies and Mulder coming back and you just go "when the fuck did this turn into a soap opera"

MusicMan4
04-14-2005, 02:33 AM
on sunday me and a buddy are watching the entire second season of AD leading up to the season finale

and eating cheese steaks
and hoping to god it's only the season finale

strange_one
04-14-2005, 05:00 AM
Originally posted by Axis of Action

from what I saw, they definitely played a lot of their cards. kind of like what X-Files did in the mid-seasons... but they pushed that, and it got ridiculous by the end. It's good to hold the cards, slowly playing them, for a number of seasons. but you can't push the idea too far, or you wind up with Scully having babies and Mulder coming back and you just go "when the fuck did this turn into a soap opera"

<font color=33FFFF> I read somewhere that the guy behind Carnivale (forget his name now) had been wanting the show to culminate in 5 seasons. I really have no idea how that could have been done without blandness. I haven't seen the last few eps of season two yet but I hear that the ending leaves a bunch of answers still</font>

pale blue eyes
04-14-2005, 05:50 AM
I'm fairly certain that Arrested Development is getting renewed. There was some thing on the FOX site back when they cut the episodes down to eighteen asking people to stop sending emails about them cancelling such a great show because they weren't, it was just an abbreviated season. I'm sort of paranoid though because it's not up there anymore.

phaedrus
04-14-2005, 02:34 PM
any fans of AD should go to www.getarrested.com and show their support.

Blue*Carbonite
04-14-2005, 02:36 PM
i'd show my support, but....i think the show isn't that funny.

phaedrus
04-14-2005, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by Blue*Carbonite
i'd show my support, but....i think the show isn't that funny. that's because you're an idiot. now fuck off and die.