View Full Version : I found this review on Strawberry's board

death by fence
04-13-2005, 09:43 PM
http://djali.ipbhost.com

That Linda Strawberry person posted an actual review of the album because she heard it and had some interesting things to say about it. It's kind of nice to actually read something from someone WHO ACTUALLY HEARD the damn thing rather than what everyone has been speculating this whole time. I can't believe how much shit everyone is talking already.

It sounds like its going to be amazing from what she's said!

"so i've had the privilege of listening through billy's new record.
I LOVE IT! its really inspiring.
at first i was surprised because my ears have never heard anything quite like it.
it hinted at a few things that i absolutely love, while at the same time being very original.
i kept wishing i could play it over and over.
its exactly the kind of record i wish more people made these days. it seems like everyone is making these calculated cookie cutter pop machine uninspired gold plated pieces of s*it.. and i can promise you BILLY DIDNT DO THAT. he made an amazing heartfelt creative record. listening only to the voices in his heart.
its the kind of record that should make all of those wannabe cool poseurs in the industry hide thier heads in shame as they try to pedal their latest haircut driven copycat "cool" band.
i am in love with the record and ive only heard it once.
it makes me want to go paint or play an instrument just remembering it. i get lost in my imagination...........
and that is my favorite place to be.."

alisonmonster
04-13-2005, 10:37 PM
that told me nothing. its about as vague as possible.

tomthum81
04-13-2005, 10:41 PM
its about as vague as possible
promising though... you have to give it that

Mariner
04-13-2005, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by alisonmonster
that told me nothing. its about as vague as possible.

well she did say "haircut", so i'm guessing it doesn't sound like the bravery

obscured01
04-13-2005, 11:41 PM
<font color="dab9ea">She reminds me of gwen stefani for some reason. I'm not sure if I like her or not.</font>

Isle
04-14-2005, 02:02 AM
Originally posted by Mariner

hehe

ZackZ
04-14-2005, 02:16 AM
Originally posted by Mariner

I'll kill myself and everyone I see for the next 90 days if it sounds even remotely like The Bravery. Fucking faggots.

Quiet CD
04-14-2005, 02:28 AM
i have every reason to believe her on this one...

Sapphire
04-14-2005, 04:11 AM
That review reads like someone took a giant lie, wrapped it in a turd and threw it at their monitor.

Quiet
04-14-2005, 08:17 AM
Ad Hoc Alias > Linda Strawberry

Reyngel
04-14-2005, 08:21 AM
It read to me like she listened to the album, felt that it sounded kind of weak, but that it was at least different, and so decided to sympathetically review it as "an album that at least isn't like the other things out there." I'm not biased when I read it that way... I hope his album's as meaningful and positively different as Adore, if not better. Hopefully it will be. But if his album really was that good, and if his album really was that different, then I feel like the media outlets who have sampled it already would have really brought it up by now.