View Full Version : Lost levels of Super Mario Bros. 3.

Sapphire
04-13-2005, 01:47 PM
Some of them are pretty twisted. Check it out. (http://images.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=http://www.planetnintendo.com/thewarpzone/smb3dev/logo.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.planetnintendo.com/thewarpzone/smb3special.html&h=282&w=437&sz=44&tbnid=0NKLeRT6lMoJ:&tbnh=79&tbnw=122&start=24&prev=/images%3Fq%3DSuper%2BMario%2BBros.%2B3%26start%3D2 0%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26sa%3DN)

alisonmonster
04-13-2005, 01:53 PM
i used to play them on my super nintendo - they're really weird - my roomate was really good at them - i think they have levels 1-8 then a1 , a2 , a3 etc levels - he made it up to d3 or somthing and it was impossible to pass

GreenEggsNSpam
04-13-2005, 02:02 PM
It also sucks balls that the E Reader went under taking a shitload of SuperMario Bros 3 levels with it.
It was awesome that the you could just buy more levels for your game...

Sapphire
04-13-2005, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by alisonmonster
i used to play them on my super nintendo - they're really weird - my roomate was really good at them - i think they have levels 1-8 then a1 , a2 , a3 etc levels - he made it up to d3 or somthing and it was impossible to pass

You can access the lost levels of Super Mario Bros. 3 on the Super Nintendo version of the game (Super Mario Bros: Lost Levels)?

I thought the lost levels refered to the Japanese version of Super Mario Bros. 2. Or are you using a game genie? Or is there some way to access them from that game? :confused:

alisonmonster
04-13-2005, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by Sapphire

You can access the lost levels of Super Mario Bros. 3 on the Super Nintendo version of the game (Super Mario Bros: Lost Levels)?

yep , that what we did? it came with the game super mario bros lost levels - if its the same one you're talking about.

Sapphire
04-13-2005, 02:32 PM

yep , that what we did? it came with the game super mario bros lost levels - if its the same one you're talking about.

I've played through Super Mario Bros. 3 on the Lost Levels package several times, but I never saw an option to go through the left out levels in the game. Would you remember how you accessed these by any chance?

alisonmonster
04-13-2005, 02:35 PM
ohhhh. hmm - all i can recall (theres probably a site about this) we just played the lost levels - i assumed those were just the ones left out on the original games - we played them right through. You mean theres additional ones besides the lost levels section not *******d in the game?

Sapphire
04-13-2005, 02:40 PM
ohhhh. hmm - all i can recall (theres probably a site about this) we just played the lost levels - i assumed those were just the ones left out on the original games - we played them right through. You mean theres additional ones besides the lost levels section not *******d in the game?

Ahhh, you're confused. :p

The levels you are refering to are in themselves a complete game. Remember the Super Mario Bros. 2 game that got released in the states? With the shy-guys, birdos and vegtables? Well, that wasn't the Japanese version of the game. The Japanese version of the game looked exactly like the first Super Mario Bros., and that's what got released as the "Lost Levels." It's really just a nickname for the Japanese Super Mario Bros. 2.

What I'm refering to here is what I linked to in my first post. Levels that were created, but never put into Super Mario Bros. 3. It's all good. :)

alisonmonster
04-13-2005, 02:44 PM
ahhh , ok i see. These don't look particularily interesting - the actual lost levels on smb for super nintendo were cool. I've never even used a game genie - but i bet you can get one for nothing now.

Sapphire
04-13-2005, 02:46 PM
Not particularly interesting? I beg to differ. Well, at least on this one:

"This stage reminds me of stage 1-6 on drugs. The stage starts out innocently enough, but towards the middle there is a beastly gap which Mario has to cross. You have to run at the gap with full speed and bounce off of a Koopa Troopa onto a hidden cloud in the sky. This is the only way to pass this stage..."

alisonmonster
04-13-2005, 02:53 PM
nah , i like smb's but not enough to go to the trouble of getting the extra lost levels :)

but i miss my super nintendo a lot. That was my favorite game system by far - i still own my atari but i hate using the joystick controllers. I should sell it to someone who really wants it.