View Full Version : Power Outage

Super Cres
04-13-2005, 06:53 AM
So when I wake up this morning for work, at 3:30 am, I got to turn on my bedstand light and nothing. Ok, I'm thinking, Maybe the light burnt out. I grab my cellphone and open it up, like a makeshift flashlight and go to turn on the overhead light. Nothing. Go out into the livingroom and look at front door, no light coming in from hallway. So i stumble around with my cellphone until I am able to get dressed and out the door. It was quite frightening going out into the apartment hallway, the cellphone light was not strong enough to go very far, I felt like I was in freaking Silent Hill. Then as I was driving out of the parking lot I looked around and it looked like the entire block was out. The worst part is that I got beer in my fridge getting warm.

Mariner
04-13-2005, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by Super Cres
So when I wake up this morning for work, at 3:30 am, I got to turn on my bedstand light and nothing. Ok, I'm thinking, Maybe the light burnt out. I grab my cellphone and open it up, like a makeshift flashlight and go to turn on the overhead light. Nothing. Go out into the livingroom and look at front door, no light coming in from hallway. So i stumble around with my cellphone until I am able to get dressed and out the door. It was quite frightening going out into the apartment hallway, the cellphone light was not strong enough to go very far, I felt like I was in freaking Silent Hill. Then as I was driving out of the parking lot I looked around and it looked like the entire block was out. The worst part is that I got beer in my fridge getting warm.

get used to it

Blue*Carbonite
04-13-2005, 09:07 AM
drink all yr beer before it gets warm then

Super Cres
04-13-2005, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by Blue*Carbonite
drink all yr beer before it gets warm then

Can't, at work. Although when I get home at noon all bets are off. It would be nice to sit back and drink at work though.