View Full Version : turbotax question

wHATcOLOR
04-11-2005, 07:24 PM
i know all you guys took care of this months ago but bozos like myself like to wait around..

the question i have is about professional review and audit protection services, each for about 30 bucks or so. i don't really think i care about the professional review, as my stuff was pretty straightforward this year, but i'm unsure if audit representation is worth it.

did any of you buy it? what are your thoughts?

thx

ammy
04-11-2005, 07:26 PM
ar your taxes at all confusing? was there anything you entered that you were unsure about?

i mean, really, if you aren't making /big/ bucks, you aren't dealing with many accounts, jobs, savings, sales etc.. why bother?

wHATcOLOR
04-11-2005, 07:40 PM
nah it was pretty straightforward

ammy
04-11-2005, 07:41 PM
i wouldn't get it man. but that's just me.. i mean.. why would the audit you? and if they did, what could they find?

but if the 30 bucks makes you feel better, hey.

Nimrod's Son
04-11-2005, 07:46 PM
Save your money, Jesse

Do it online for free

http://www.irs.gov/app/scripts/exit.jsp?dest=http://www.taxfreedom.com

wHATcOLOR
04-11-2005, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by Nimrod's Son
Save your money, Jesse

Do it online for free

woah, how come this one is free? i nearly paid $55 i think, on turbotax too.. whats this one??

Nimrod's Son
04-11-2005, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by Jerome

woah, how come this one is free? i nearly paid $55 i think, on turbotax too.. whats this one?? It's Turbotax by Intuit online. It is only free if you follow the link I provided. I did mine this way and have posted the link numerous times here but people seem to prefer wasting their money.

wHATcOLOR
04-11-2005, 07:57 PM
holy christ, that is badass, thanks man!! im on hold with the irs to get my 2003 agi.. hope i make the apr15 deadline;)

Nimrod's Son
04-11-2005, 07:59 PM
holy christ, that is badass, thanks man!! im on hold with the irs to get my 2003 agi.. hope i make the apr15 deadline;) Also you can efile federal for free

state costs 9.99 but I think it's worth it

Also set up direct deposit for a return

wHATcOLOR
04-11-2005, 08:21 PM
its charging me 30 for the state tax, but federal is free, so i'm totally down with half price!

sppunk
04-11-2005, 08:27 PM
Turbotax is best, Jesse: It automatically updates all IRA information each year, and makes it so easy to roll the return to your Roth accounts.

The IRS form won't let you do that, won't remember data from each year, etc.

The best part of Turbotax: You only have to enter the IRA stuff one time, ever. If you use the IRS method, get ready to that shit evey fucking year.

CarlitoBrigante
04-11-2005, 08:28 PM
I don't have to pay taxes, because Carlito is above the law.

alexthestampede
04-11-2005, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by CarlitoBrigante
I don't have to pay taxes, because Carlito is above the law.

\wow that movie must suck if that loser just goes around speaking in the 3rd person for 2 hours

<haha>

Nimrod's Son
04-11-2005, 08:30 PM
its charging me 30 for the state tax, but federal is free, so i'm totally down with half price! what? no man, it's 9.99 if you follow that link

CarlitoBrigante
04-11-2005, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by alexthestampede

\wow that movie must suck if that beaner just goes around speaking in the 3rd person for 2 hours

Dumb move man, dumb move.
I wouldn't be saying things like that to me because I am still a tough guy and I also have very powerful friends.

wHATcOLOR
04-11-2005, 08:33 PM
what? no man, it's 9.99 if you follow that link

i did follow the link... maybe the up the price when it gets close to the deadline?

i know i followed the link because previously it was also charging for the federal, and this time it said free program, and had that different color at the top too.. also, it may be a legacy price if you did it last year, sometimes they do that; raise the rates but extend the old rates to returning customers

the ira thing doesn't play a big deal for me, i don't get enough of a refund to make it a big deal anyways

sppunk
04-11-2005, 08:34 PM

i did follow the link... maybe the up the price when it gets close to the deadline?

i know i followed the link because previously it was also charging for the federal, and this time it said free program, and had that different color at the top too.. also, it may be a legacy price if you did it last year, sometimes they do that; raise the rates but extend the old rates to returning customers

the ira thing doesn't play a big deal for me, i don't get enough of a refund to make it a big deal anyways Shit foo', I thought you be a true playa. Affect can ride yo ass!

wHATcOLOR
04-11-2005, 08:38 PM
please, i'm sayin 500 ain't but a drop in the bucket; i already contributed my max anyhow

Mariner
04-12-2005, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by xtina
Everytime I read this I think TurboLax. :/

same diff

Sapphire
04-12-2005, 12:31 AM
I'd like to see how you're going to justify spending all that money on cocaine Jerome. :mad:

;)

:love:

Oranjes
04-12-2005, 12:45 AM
Jerome, you are THE MAN!

I have to do my own taxes next year! I'll probably find myself in your shoes in but 365 days.

Fattening Ass
04-12-2005, 12:48 AM
so gay~

Seeing as how i lived in two states, I can't use the free web version.

murgle
04-12-2005, 01:15 AM
Save your money, Jesse

Do it online for free

whoa cool.

Nimrod's Son
04-12-2005, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by Oranjes
Jerome, you are THE MAN!

I have to do my own taxes next year! I'll probably find myself in your shoes in but 365 days. If doing your own taxes is cool, consider me Miles Davis

wHATcOLOR
04-12-2005, 03:36 PM
If doing your own taxes is cool, consider me Miles Davis

LOL

Oranjes
04-12-2005, 03:41 PM
If doing your own taxes is cool, consider me Miles Davis lol..