View Full Version : new melissa album in the works

severin
04-11-2005, 11:24 AM
according to visions.de recording will start on june 1st. estimated release, end of 2005 and there'll be a tour in autumn...

MrPantyFAce
04-11-2005, 11:31 AM
nudity?

Starla
04-11-2005, 11:39 AM
Her last effort was horrible. She needs to go back to not singing.

GlasgowKiss
04-11-2005, 11:49 AM
I cant think of a worse lyricist than her. Lets hope this new album changes my opinion.

Isle
04-11-2005, 11:59 AM
i think melissa's got potential, she's as much a pumpkin as jim jam bill or darcy. i like her singing, and she is also one hell of a hot lady. i think her new album will, if anything, be an improvement on the first and so long as she sticks to wearing the sexy leather outfits she can count me a fan

Isle
04-11-2005, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by GlasgowKiss
I cant think of a worse lyricist than her. Lets hope this new album changes my opinion.

yeah i think i agree with you there

matt bellamy is a close contender though

Sapphire
04-11-2005, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by Isle
i think melissa's got potential, she's as much a pumpkin as jim jam bill or darcy. i like her singing, and she is also one hell of a hot lady. i think her new album will, if anything, be an improvement on the first and so long as she sticks to wearing the sexy leather outfits she can count me a fan

So, by this logic, if the first one was a rip-off of Machina, then this one will be a rip-off of Machina II? :confused:

Isle
04-11-2005, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by Sapphire

So, by this logic, if the first one was a rip-off of Machina, then this one will be a rip-off of Machina II? :confused:

well i never really thought her album ripped off machina...it was more gish-meets-machina in a dumpster

Dead
04-11-2005, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by To Starla
Her last effort was horrible. She needs to go back to not singing.
This one. ^

Ugly
04-11-2005, 04:29 PM
Showing the love for Melissa.

Hell, at least it was better than "Let it Come Down"!

Sapphire
04-11-2005, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by Ugly

Chris Bakewell is gonna be pissed.

Corganist
04-11-2005, 05:14 PM
she's as much a pumpkin as jim jam bill or darcy.

Fuck no.

Isle
04-11-2005, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by Corganist

Fuck no.

as far as i'm concerned, the only un-pumpkin thing about her is that she's quite extroverted. she naturally cramps billy's style. the rest of the band kept to themselves and let bill do the talking most of the time. apart from that, mel is 100% pumpkin.

Dead
04-11-2005, 06:46 PM

You fucked up son of a bitch!

Corganist
04-11-2005, 07:06 PM

as far as i'm concerned, the only un-pumpkin thing about her is that she's quite extroverted. she naturally cramps billy's style. the rest of the band kept to themselves and let bill do the talking most of the time. apart from that, mel is 100% pumpkin.
Matt Walker was more of a Pumpkin than MADM will ever be. At least they let him play on an album. Hell, I'd almost say Mike Garson was more of a Pumpkin than her. Sorry, but I just don't understand all this blind acceptance for MADM as an official Pumpkin. All she did was fill an empty (and mostly unimportant) spot in the band...and did so rather unspectacularly at that. Sure, she's cute and all...but that only gets you so far.

Luke de Spa
04-11-2005, 07:54 PM

Hell, at least it was better than "Let it Come Down"! Nah, not really.

James's record is pretty lightweight, but it's sincere and has a lot of neat little stops and changes in the songs, even though it's a bit too saccharine overall. Melissa's album is just... embarrassing? Monstrous? Bloated? Ill-conceived? To its credit, there are a couple of nice touches with the instrumentation in places, but overall it's atrocious.

Bottom line: James could put out another pleasant, Americana-flavoured album and no one would be particularly offended. On the other hand, anyone who calls a song "Skin Receiver" and writes couplets like "Crawling in through your flesh stew / The brew's in all of you" needs to be prevented by force, if required from getting anywhere near a recording studio. I don't care if it's Auf der Maur's own money; releasing more of that shit into the world would constitute a human rights infringement on a global level. She must be stopped.

Dead
04-11-2005, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by Lucky Day Spa
Nah, not really.

James's record is pretty lightweight, but it's sincere and has a lot of neat little stops and changes in the songs, even though it's a bit too saccharine overall. Melissa's album is just... embarrassing? Monstrous? Bloated? Ill-conceived? To its credit, there are a couple of nice touches with the instrumentation in places, but overall it's atrocious.

Bottom line: James could put out another pleasant, Americana-flavoured album and no one would be particularly offended. On the other hand, anyone who calls a song "Skin Receiver" and writes couplets like "Crawling in through your flesh stew / The brew's in all of you" needs to be prevented by force, if required from getting anywhere near a recording studio. I don't care if it's Auf der Maur's own money; releasing more of that shit into the world would constitute a human rights infringement on a global level. She must be stopped.
Ahahah this post cracked me up. :D

spring
04-11-2005, 08:24 PM
http://www.chartattack.com/damn/2005/04/1116.cfm

I was going to make a thread about this, but it seems relevant to add it in this thread.

Dead
04-11-2005, 08:27 PM
Eheheh the title of that article is awesome! :D

spring
04-11-2005, 08:28 PM
yup...I liked that last sentence there too :)

Dead
04-11-2005, 08:29 PM
What's that pic in your avatar of?

Eulogy
04-11-2005, 09:54 PM

matt bellamy is a close contender though

I've found myself really enjoying some of the lyrics from Showbiz. And I don't really have any particular issues with the lyrics on the later albums. They're ok.

Also, I enjoy Melissa's album. It's the kind of generic alt. rock crap that I really like. She took everything that I'm a sucker for and put it on one album.

Eulogy
04-11-2005, 09:59 PM
whoa. this thread inspired me to listen to the album.

It's bringing me right back to summer. wow. I love when this happens.

Sapphire
04-11-2005, 11:55 PM
On the other hand, anyone who calls a song "Skin Receiver" and writes couplets like "Crawling in through your flesh stew / The brew's in all of you" needs to be prevented by force, if required from getting anywhere near a recording studio.

:rofl:

Fucking A.

Xondria7Mayfair
04-12-2005, 01:23 PM
In defense of Melissa I'm going to have to say that yes her album was so much better than let it come down. I will also have to say that (sorry james) that album blew some chunks. Speaking of people making a better album I'm sure Billy's is going to be better than both. Still, I love Melissa she's awesome and her lyrics are a bit shocking but that's what goth is sometimes about.

Rockin' Cherub
04-12-2005, 01:50 PM
i've only heard madm's album once but i think jimmy's is a lot better.

Dead
04-12-2005, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by Xondria7Mayfair
In defense of Melissa I'm going to have to say that yes her album was so much better than let it come down. I will also have to say that (sorry james) that album blew some chunks.
Yer a god damn lunatic!

Ugly
04-13-2005, 02:51 PM
Nah, not really.

"Americana-flavoured" for James' album isn't exactly a ringing endorsement in my book. In fact, its downright negative. Anyway, I really don't give a flying flatootie about the lyrical merits of either of 'em. It ranks pretty much at the bottom of the reason why I should care about thier albums.

Bottom line: I'd rather hear some generic fuzzy rock riffs sung by a Canadian chick, as opposed to acoustic tinged snooze fest that is James' boring little album.

Isle
04-13-2005, 03:34 PM

"Americana-flavoured" for James' album isn't exactly a ringing endorsement in my book. In fact, its downright negative.
Bottom line: I'd rather hear some generic fuzzy rock riffs sung by a Canadian chick, as opposed to acoustic tinged snooze fest that is James' boring little album.

if i were pierre brunard, i would be getting my recliner of rage about this comment right this minute :noway:

chris_bakewell
04-13-2005, 03:38 PM

"Americana-flavoured" for James' album isn't exactly a ringing endorsement in my book. In fact, its downright negative. Anyway, I really don't give a flying flatootie about the lyrical merits of either of 'em. It ranks pretty much at the bottom of the reason why I should care about thier albums.

:mad: WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

chris_bakewell
04-13-2005, 04:51 PM

*sharpens butchers knife!!!!!

Dead
04-13-2005, 04:55 PM
I think it's time to crush some skulls up in here. :mad:

zerock
04-13-2005, 07:14 PM
i like both albums thats it.

Xondria7Mayfair
04-14-2005, 10:30 AM
Yo Dead!

I'm a lunatic for voicing my opinion about an album that has a song (jealousy) that sounds like Hanson for crying out loud? I'm sorry, James had better songs when he was still a pumpkin. I"ll name a few

Blew away
the boy
summer
believe
mayonaise
farewell and goodnight
soma

then he went and made the most limp wristed album. that's bull especially after all those good songs. it sounded also as if he was making all these sensitive songs on purpose because that' s what people expected him to do. he could have done so much better.

oh and 'the bells' rules. that 's what i'm talkin bout, biotch

Quiet
04-14-2005, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by Xondria7Mayfair
that 's what i'm talkin bout, biotch

Who the fuck do you think you are???

relaxor!
04-14-2005, 10:48 AM
You guys are all crazy. Let it Come Down is great. The Bells, if you ask me, is much worse than anything on LiCD.

Xondria7Mayfair
04-14-2005, 10:53 AM
No way dude! I love the bells. I tell you what though. I'm going to listen to let it come down and see if I can get anything worthwhile out of it.

relaxor!
04-14-2005, 11:58 AM
Fair enough, good luck.
PS: The Bells is lame.