View Full Version : Yo what's up with no post about the TTC strike?

Dead
04-10-2005, 01:50 AM
How am I gonna make it to my lab tests all week? :mad:

Son of a biatch.

BTW The new Garbage CD is alright.

Dead
04-10-2005, 01:53 AM
The TTC runs the buses, you ignorant minority bitch. What race are you anyway?

BTW we don't have mexicans in Canada.

Fattening Ass
04-10-2005, 01:55 AM
+<gh>1

christian zombie vampires
04-10-2005, 02:45 AM
NOT THE STREETCARS!

i don't know what's gayer streetcars or transit strikes

Dead
04-10-2005, 02:46 AM
Originally posted by christian zombie vampires
NOT THE STREETCARS!

i don't know what's gayer streetcars or transit strikes
When are you gonna find out?

alisonmonster
04-10-2005, 11:23 AM
good. a lot of the people i work with live in toronto and won't come all the way out here to oakville without the ttc which equals i get the shifts and more money for me.

Lucy Sky Diamonds
04-10-2005, 11:38 AM
Is there any word how long the strike might last?
We're getting a ton of extra work for our employees as a result :). (Hey, it's fair! They got all of our work when the STM went on strike last year.)

Sapphire
04-10-2005, 12:02 PM
Luckily, this is happening just as soon as my classes are finishing. I hope it doesn't last to exam time though, where one of them will be happening at 8 AM in the Goddamn morning. :erm

It's a one hour walk, and I walk about 60-75% of the time anyways to save money on tokens, but when I'm forced to do it, then it becomes a bummer.

The TTC though, have got to be the biggest bunch of assholes the world around. You will not meet a bigger bunch of pricks in any public service department (the police doesn't even come close to how bad these fuckos are). They are rude, incoherent (love listening to somebody who can't speak the language scream, "Daviggdill" (the station's name is "Davisville") as if he's giving an order to execute someone in a broken Engrish accent) and worst of all: brick dumb. They think they're God when they sit behind their little booth and wait for just the right second to slam you with the bar (right in the fucking stomach) when you're short a nickle for your ticket (whose prices seem to go up another 50 cents every other week these days).

I really wish they would just fire them all. Biggest waste of fucking money the whole city over. And they don't deserve a nickle of it.

Dead
04-10-2005, 01:51 PM
It sucks that they JUST jacked up the fare and now this. And I paid for a metropass, now it's gonna be useless for at least a week probably. I went to their website on Friday after the announcement and there was nothing mentioned anywhere, but my school website said that they aren't changing any schedules and you have to find a way to come in. Almost everyone comes from far away, some people take a bus 3 hours each way. This sucks.

Sapphire
04-10-2005, 01:54 PM
Living in Toronto, Canada though, you can be assured of almost no protest, no speaking out, no one caring, and those that are asking for even more money to get exactly what they want.

Dead
04-10-2005, 01:55 PM
Yeah I read that Dalton's comment on the whole thing was "We'll wait and see."

mirrar
04-10-2005, 01:55 PM
how do you figure it's gonna last a week? the last one was only two days. it's fucking dumb to say that students have to come in. most don't have cars and can't afford cabs. give the kids a fucking break. right at exams too. brutal.

Dead
04-10-2005, 02:03 PM
It also pisses me off that nothing is mentioned on the TTC website. I want some kind of refund on my metropass. The assholes!

Dead
04-10-2005, 02:04 PM
Ah I found some press release page, looks like they may have gone back to the bargaining table this morning.

The Ministry of Labour's Director of Labour
Management Services, Reg Pearson, has called negotiators for the Toronto
Transit Commission and Amalgamated Transit Union, Local 113, to return to the
bargaining table at 8 a.m., Sunday April 10.

neopryn
04-10-2005, 02:08 PM
those fucking bus drivers should be happy they get paid at all. driving around a bunch of niggers and homeless guys all over the city, yeah that's real tough.

D.
04-10-2005, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by Dead
How am I gonna make it to my lab tests all week? :mad:

Son of a biatch.

BTW The new Garbage CD is alright.
i was one of the few who really liked beautifulgarbage, so i have high hopes for this. april 12th can't get here fast enough.

Dead
04-10-2005, 02:10 PM
I disliked beautifulgarbage a lot, I would say this is somewhere between the first two albums. It's worth buying but could be a lot better.

velouria
04-10-2005, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by Mirror_Untrue
how do you figure it's gonna last a week? the last one was only two days. it's fucking dumb to say that students have to come in. most don't have cars and can't afford cabs. give the kids a fucking break. right at exams too. brutal.

this one will probably last much longer than the strike in 1999 because now that we're under a Liberal government, there is no 'back to work' legislation in effect. they were forced to go back to work after a few days 6 years ago. this time they can stay off work as long as it takes.

Sapphire
04-10-2005, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by velouria

this one will probably last much longer than the strike in 1999 because now that we're under a Liberal government, there is no 'back to work' legislation in effect. they were forced to go back to work after a few days 6 years ago. this time they can stay off work as long as it takes.

Said it faster than I could.

The government won't interfere in this because of votes. The TTC union is one of the biggest monsters on the block, right next to the teachers union (and they should rot in hell, right next to the TTC clowns, only a level lower).

D.
04-10-2005, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by Dead
I disliked beautifulgarbage a lot, I would say this is somewhere between the first two albums. It's worth buying but could be a lot better.
that sounds like it'd be worth checking out, then.
nebraska furniture mart will have it for 6.77!

velouria
04-10-2005, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by Sapphire

The government won't interfere in this because of votes. The TTC union is one of the biggest monsters on the block, right next to the teachers union (and they should rot in hell, right next to the TTC clowns, only a level lower).

dude, what is your problem? seriously. without teachers and even TTC employees, our society wouldn't function. we're gonna get a taste of that on Monday when our city comes to a standstill.

Dead
04-10-2005, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by David

nebraska furniture mart will have it for 6.77!
Holy shit@! :eek:

Dead
04-10-2005, 05:11 PM
There's suppposed to be a news conference at 5 but its 5:16 and I see nothin.

sleeper
04-10-2005, 06:07 PM
what time does it go into effect? ive heard different things. is it at midnight tonight or in the morning?

Sapphire
04-10-2005, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by velouria

dude, what is your problem? seriously. without teachers and even TTC employees, our society wouldn't function. we're gonna get a taste of that on Monday when our city comes to a standstill.

My problem is that somebody driving a bus gets $50,000 a year. My problem is that somebody who is a teaching assistant makes $40,000. My problem is that my taxes are going to fund these unions who are notorious for their mis-spending. Also, my problem is that they are allowed to shut down the whole fucking city because they want an extra nickle at the end of their paycheck (when they make so Goddamn much already).

I'm all for unions, but not when they become this powerful. When the TTC goes back up in a week from now (or whenever) go there and tell 'em how much you love them for being able to make you pay $2.50 for a ten minute ride.

At the same time, I'll go back to my Jr. High school and give the teacher's ed who couldn't spell or use proper grammar a trophy for being able to take up so much money and oxygen all at once.

Andrew_Pakula
04-10-2005, 06:35 PM
Most of the jobs at the TTC could be done by monkeys, they don't exactly require much brain power.

TTC employees already get paid quite generously and have amazing benefits. Most of them retired super early too because they are allowed to count their overtime hours separately.

Andrew_Pakula
04-10-2005, 06:35 PM
BTW, looks like they settled it, there won't be any strike.

Dead
04-10-2005, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by Andrew_Pakula
BTW, looks like they settled it, there won't be any strike.
WHAT>????

Dead
04-10-2005, 08:31 PM
Ah what a relief. I can't believe I'm so glad to be able to go to school. That's messed up! :crazy:

wHATcOLOR
04-10-2005, 08:46 PM
DAVIGGDILL!

Sapphire
04-11-2005, 05:16 AM
:rofl:

Dead
04-11-2005, 10:16 AM
One time on the subway they left the speaker on and this guy was telling the other guy about his marriage problems. :D