View Full Version : SP the most popular artist!

Prima Materia
04-10-2005, 12:50 AM
Yea I can't believe it either... but if you have Rhapsody (digital music program from listen.com) then you'll see the top 5 are:

1. Smashing Pumpkins
2. Jack Johnson
3. 50 Cent
4. Beck
5. Green Day

that's awesome

smashingjj
04-10-2005, 01:10 PM
that's to say...

this is scientific proof for smashing pumpkins BEING THE MOST POPULAR ARTIST EVER??! OMGWFTBBQASLADSLURLHTML

zerock
04-10-2005, 01:48 PM
hmm smashing pumpkins seems to be pretty popular in itunes too, in alternative section, 1979 (#6) in top songs, and 2 albums in top albums, siamese dream (#5), and rotten apples-greatest hits (#9). also even adore is in the top 100 albums.

anyways, i guess sp are more popular that we guess, i mean, the media measured their popularity thru sales, so after adore, they pretty much saying well sp suck now, not popular, so everyone starts believing it. But the thing is most people are cheap bastards, and just download the music they want for free, according to some rhapsody service is a monthly service where you listen to the artists you want for a flat fee., so you can listen to all the pumpkins all the time you want, thats pretty cool, i cant really explain with itunes because you pay almost the same for albums as you do in stores, so its more expensive than a service like rhapsody or napster, anyways this is a big ass rant, the bottom line is yes the pumpkins were popular not to the media but to lots of people, hence people download them, be it illegally or now legally.

Cherub Angel
04-10-2005, 02:02 PM
that's pretty cool. I knew they are pretty well known....but they beat out 50 cent and Beck! Those two have new albums out!

zerock
04-10-2005, 02:06 PM
everyone likes digital pumpkins i guess.

MrPantyFAce
04-10-2005, 02:12 PM
TRUE POWER.
TRUE FAITH.

Cherub Angel
04-10-2005, 03:20 PM
on the iTunes top 100 album list, SP is there with Siamese Dream, Mellon Collie, Gish, and the Greatest Hits.

ain't bad :)

zerock
04-10-2005, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by Cherub Angel
on the iTunes top 100 album list, SP is there with Siamese Dream, Mellon Collie, Gish, and the Greatest Hits.

ain't bad :)
i kinda said that, also Adore is on the top album list too.

Cherub Angel
04-10-2005, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by zerock

i kinda said that, also Adore is on the top album list too.

didn't see Adore....I'll assume you're right though.

Cool As Ice Cream
04-10-2005, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by MrPantyFAce
TRUE POWER.
TRUE FAITH. :cheers: