View Full Version : I'm really sorry to do this, but since it seems like everyone knows a lot about this

Varien
04-08-2005, 12:07 PM
I'm picking up an iPod today i think, i'm tired of carrying around a million mp3 cd's. i was gonna get an iRiver, but then the fag at Radioshack (yes radioshack cause they had the longest layaway) started giving me his sales pitch and how he had one and how "WE" didn't want an i-pod cause "WE'RE" better than that. Christ i wanted to throw up on the counter. So i got my money back from there, now im thinking i need more than 5gb of space anyway. Now, since i don't wanna go through netphoria to find info on it, someone wanna give me a few things like, for example:

Battery life
Cost of accessories
any hidden costs im not aware of, besides the ridiculous $379.99 price tag.
computer connection problems
general bullshit problems that i should be made aware of.

Thanks, my undying love is already in the mail for you.

jenn
04-08-2005, 12:10 PM
i needed usb 2.0 for my laptop in order to use iTunes. that cost me $50.

i have the 40gb and i love it

i can't use it in my car yet because i don't have a tape deck.

the more playlists you make, the longer your batterly lasts. always fast-forwarding really kills it.

i love my ipod.

GreenEggsNSpam
04-08-2005, 12:22 PM
What size are you getting? If I ever pick up one, I'd probably bite the bullet and get 40GB.
Then I would be able to transfer more files and have any full album I wanted.

Could you buy me one too? :cool:

Varien
Originally posted by jenn
i needed usb 2.0 for my laptop in order to use iTunes. that cost me $50.

i have the 40gb and i love it

i can't use it in my car yet because i don't have a tape deck.

the more playlists you make, the longer your batterly lasts. always fast-forwarding really kills it.

i love my ipod.

Hmm alright cool, i'll keep the playlist thing in mind. What's the price difference on the 20 and 40 gig?

TIMb
ipodlounge.com (http://www.ipodlounge.com/) is a really good source of info and accessory reviews, etc.

Varien
Originally posted by GreenEggsNSpam
What size are you getting? If I ever pick up one, I'd probably bite the bullet and get 40GB.
Then I would be able to transfer more files and have any full album I wanted.

Could you buy me one too? :cool:

I know the thought has crossed my mind, but good goddamn that's a lot of money.

And yes, i can jimmy.

Varien
04-08-2005, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by TIMb
ipodlounge.com (http://www.ipodlounge.com/) is a really good source of info and accessory reviews, etc.

oooOoo

ty.

TIMb
04-08-2005, 12:35 PM
p.

funnygeezus
04-08-2005, 12:38 PM
good, the iriver community doesn't want you. fuck you.

funnygeezus
04-08-2005, 12:41 PM
oh and iriver makes 20 and 40gb players as well, but since you couldn't find them at radioshack you should probably just assume they don't exist.

TIMb
04-08-2005, 01:00 PM
touchy

ravenguy2000
04-08-2005, 01:04 PM
I have the 6gb Ipod Mini which is more than enough for me right now.

I'll move up to a full size someday but I just *wanted* one and I had come into some money I wasn't expecting so I went for it.

So far its the best single purchase I've ever made. That is until the battery craps out of it breaks or stops working or whatever.

Quagmire
04-08-2005, 01:05 PM
dont buy anything at radioshack. take that from an ex-employee.

also... the apple store has a payment plan

Varien
04-08-2005, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by funnygeezus
oh and iriver makes 20 and 40gb players as well, but since you couldn't find them at radioshack you should probably just assume they don't exist.

I'm making a disclaimer to try and keep you out of my threads from now on, asshole. And i'm in the process of looking into this shit. ANd also seeing how much the five gig one was, i can imagine a 20-40gb iRiver will be outta my price range at the moment. Considering i can get a 20 gig iPod for the price of a 5gb iRiver. Douche nugget.

funnygeezus
04-08-2005, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by Varien

I'm making a disclaimer to try and keep you out of my threads from now on, asshole. And i'm in the process of looking into this shit. ANd also seeing how much the five gig one was, i can imagine a 20-40gb iRiver will be outta my price range at the moment. Considering i can get a 20 gig iPod for the price of a 5gb iRiver. Douche nugget.

why don't you go buy a shuffle and dance around infront of a brightly colored background you hipster shitfucker.

apple ipod 20gb msrp: US$299
iriver h320 20gb msrp: US$299

apple ipod photo 30gb msrp: US$349
apple ipod photo 60gb msrp: US$449
iriver h340 40gb msrp: US$399

both ipod models have photo capabilities, numbnuts.

TIMb
04-08-2005, 01:39 PM
do you work for iriver. i this a part of some sort of hard-sales approach??

Debaser
04-08-2005, 01:45 PM
hidden costs (from personal experience):

$30-40 for a decent firewire pci card. USB 2.0 is fine if you already have it. I first tried a cheapo $15 generic firewire card and it did not work. Do not get a belkin firewire card, they are notoriously unreliable. Get an adaptec or western digital if you're going the firewire route.

if you need anything repaired during the standard 1 year warranty it costs $30 shipping and handling.

when your battery eventually dies (after a year an a half of constant usage almost everyday - i prolly use it more often than most) and can no longer hold a decent charge it will cost you $100 to send in your ipod and get the battery replaced. (actually, you will i just get an equal refurbished ipod).

Varien
04-08-2005, 01:51 PM

why don't you go buy a shuffle and dance around infront of a brightly colored background you hipster shitfucker.

apple ipod 20gb msrp: US$299
iriver h320 20gb msrp: US$299

apple ipod photo 30gb msrp: US$349
apple ipod photo 60gb msrp: US$449
iriver h340 40gb msrp: US$399

both ipod models have photo capabilities, numbnuts.

Weak, and weren't you the one trying to keep me out of the elite iRiver "community" in the first place, you "hipster shitfucker"

That'll be good, i can store pictures of your moms tits now for jerking on the go.

Debaser
04-08-2005, 01:56 PM
besides the ridiculous $379.99 price tag.

Uh, which model are you getting for that price? none of them retail for that exact price...

funnygeezus
04-08-2005, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by Debaser

Uh, which model are you getting for that price? none of them retail for that exact price...

canadian exchange rate.

the standard 20gb ipod retails for 379.99 at most places here.

Varien
04-08-2005, 02:07 PM

canadian exchange rate.

the standard 20gb ipod retails for 379.99 at most places here.

Futile shop said they're getting a shipment tomorrow of 20gb iRiver's, you still goin down today?

funnygeezus
04-08-2005, 02:30 PM

Futile shop said they're getting a shipment tomorrow of 20gb iRiver's, you still goin down today?

dunno.

Dead
04-08-2005, 02:56 PM
Best iPod option right now assuming you can afford it and don't want a mini is the 30GB iPod. I've recommended this to some people on here and my brother is about to order one as well. I would buy this if I needed an iPod right now.

Dead
04-08-2005, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by jenn

I rarely use playlists and my battery life is pretty good. I usually have it on shuffle and then either browse to an artist or an album and hit play. Sometimes I use playlists tho, such as the Top Rated one.

Varien
04-08-2005, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by Dead
Best iPod option right now assuming you can afford it and don't want a mini is the 30GB iPod. I've recommended this to some people on here and my brother is about to order one as well. I would buy this if I needed an iPod right now.

That's the iPod photo right?
goddamn they're like 597 bucks here. I just budgeted my money and after other expenses i'm only pulling in 887, so that's a huge chunk of money, although if i pay it down over three months it might be ok, no interest at futile shop for the first thre emonths, so that'll come toooo 687 dollars, jesus christ. So pretty much 200 dollars a month, that's not that bad really. hmm, could stretch it out longer but i want it paid down quick, goddamit, 60 gigs is so much space mmm.

smashingjj
04-08-2005, 03:05 PM
my md, although having problems with the sound and reading md's, still owns all of you.