View Full Version : Not only does MCR's lead singer look like Billy... he appreciates him, too

Nova
04-06-2005, 11:01 PM
Despite the fact that he sat next to Bert McFaggen with his "I kicked Billy Corgan" shirt on, I just browsed My Chemical Romance's playlist (released on March 22) on iTunes. One of the songs on it is Pavement's "Range Life" and he said: "Reason 8 billion and one to love pavement ... range life. Brings back fond memories of my teen years. However, I do not agree with the Smashing Pumpkins line in this song. They are my boys."

Interesting.

Nova
04-07-2005, 08:54 PM
Reply you assholes :mad:

wHATcOLOR
04-07-2005, 09:20 PM
do you think we can interpret him saying "they are my boys" to mean that D'arcy is one of his boys?

wHATcOLOR
04-07-2005, 09:21 PM
because she's a girl. i also wonder if he means melissa is one of his boys. and if so, does he consider matt walker or kenny aranoff or mike garson or chris holmes his boys?

we need to get this cleared up

Karl Connor
04-07-2005, 09:36 PM
d'arcy used to be a boy? omgwtf

spacey raygun
04-07-2005, 10:02 PM
despite what you guys might think about MCR, gerard is a good guy. i became friends with his brother and the band back in 2002. mikey way (MCR bassist + gerard's brother) used to go to a lot of SP shows back between 96-99. he was a part of the nyc clique of SP fans.

mikey knew me because i used to pass out Adore post cards and apparently i gave him one. unfortunately, i despised most of the nyc fans, so i didn't remember him at first.

but both of them really do appreiciate SP. i brought up the billy thing shortly after i met them... gerard had much shorter hair and wore dorky clothes... he laughed.

Future Boy
04-07-2005, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by Nova
Reply you assholes :mad:

Your avatar has been done, and it looked better then too.

Isle
04-08-2005, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by Future Boy

Your avatar has been done

by me, and thank you very much

Isle
04-08-2005, 02:50 PM
so...why do mcr make such shitty music? is talent banned these days or something?

Quiet
04-08-2005, 02:56 PM
I like MCR.

:blush:

FinalDeathPhase
04-08-2005, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by spacey raygun
despite what you guys might think about MCR, gerard is a good guy. i became friends with his brother and the band back in 2002. mikey way (MCR bassist + gerard's brother) used to go to a lot of SP shows back between 96-99. he was a part of the nyc clique of SP fans.

mikey knew me because i used to pass out Adore post cards and apparently i gave him one. unfortunately, i despised most of the nyc fans, so i didn't remember him at first.

but both of them really do appreiciate SP. i brought up the billy thing shortly after i met them... gerard had much shorter hair and wore dorky clothes... he laughed.

you just like gerard because the both of you are fat. well gerard was fat.

FinalDeathPhase
04-08-2005, 03:06 PM
Despite the fact that he sat next to Bert McFaggen with his "I kicked Billy Corgan" shirt on, I just browsed My Chemical Romance's playlist (released on March 22) on iTunes. One of the songs on it is Pavement's "Range Life" and he said:

Interesting.

THis is mikey not gerard, gerard is not a pumpkins fan.

Silver-bolt
04-08-2005, 03:54 PM
Despite the fact that he sat next to Bert McFaggen with his "I kicked Billy Corgan" shirt on, I just browsed My Chemical Romance's playlist (released on March 22) on iTunes. One of the songs on it is Pavement's "Range Life" and he said:

Interesting.

what is the line in the pavement song?

Deleted_User
04-08-2005, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by Silver-bolt

what is the line in the pavement song? out on tour with the smashing pumpkins
nature kids, they don't have no function
i don't understand what they mean
and i could really give a fuck.

Punkishlyevil
04-08-2005, 06:09 PM
So are The Pumpkins and Pavement cool with each other? I know Pavement covered 1979 live.

Deleted_User
04-08-2005, 06:15 PM
on the pavement dvd, malkmus say something like 'i don't hate them. just their music'.

DieDiemydarling
04-08-2005, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by Quiet
I like MCR.

:blush: I don't like your sig.

frogfusious
04-08-2005, 11:00 PM
I think the "I kicked Billy Corgan" shirt is a spoof on the incident that happened between Billy and The Used frontman. They were at the Grammys and apparently the guy from The Used told the crowd to throw trash at Billy. Billy responded by kicking him in the stomach and eventually beating his ass. Funny stuff.

Silver-bolt
04-09-2005, 05:02 AM
Originally posted by frogfusious
I think the "I kicked Billy Corgan" shirt is a spoof on the incident that happened between Billy and The Used frontman. They were at the Grammys and apparently the guy from The Used told the crowd to throw trash at Billy. Billy responded by kicking him in the stomach and eventually beating his ass. Funny stuff.

yeah i remember that. wasnt he going out with kelly osbourne at the time (guy from the used) and she told him to say that (because of the sharon and billy thing)

mackina
04-09-2005, 08:20 PM
the thing with bert happend at the krock show in ny . billy was walking back stage and bert tripped him billy then kicked him in the stomach. then kelly trashed billy onstage

sosnumculfer
04-10-2005, 08:50 PM
out on tour with the smashing pumpkins
nature kids, they don't have no function
i don't understand what they mean
and i could really give a fuck.

wtf that doesn't even rhyme

tetro
04-12-2005, 04:07 AM
Zwan performed at the KROQ
Almost Acoustic Christmas. At the show, Billy was tripped by Bert McCracken of The Used. In response,
Billy proceeded to kick McCracken in the stomach.

http://landslide.2007.org/omnipedia/timeline01-03.htm