View Full Version : corgan on headline news "showbiz weekly" earlier today


Travis_Wright
04-06-2005, 10:48 PM
he was asked about the pumpkins official release catalog being introduced digitally among other things, asked why he never liscensed his songs to commercials

"our songs have dreams and hopes attached to them, and by selling them, it would make those dreams and hopes seem less and less and then it would be overshadowed by money"

when asked about the pumpkins getting back together:

"whenever the cubs win a world series"

"i'll always have the smashing pumpkins in my heart and i'll have it with me until i die"

"my first love is the smashing pumpkins"

asked why the band broke up

"you ever watch those behind the music things, first the band gets big, then the drugs start, then you drift apart, basically the same story over and over"

then the announcer stated a little blurb about the solo album coming out in june.

that's it, it was about a 4 minute segment.

wHATcOLOR
04-06-2005, 11:52 PM
cool!!

Love Is Suicide
04-07-2005, 01:12 AM
I watched an old SNL last night with the Pumpkins singing "Perfect" and that one club skit...they did.... I about died laughing..and i finally got to tape it! :D :D :D

LegendaryU2K
04-07-2005, 01:15 AM
I hope one day they get back together, not as a group for music, but like a family.

Anyway, i was reading something:

On February 17, 2004, Billy Corgan posted a bitter message on his personal blog calling Wretzky a "mean spirited drug addict" and blaming Iha for the breakup of The Smashing Pumkins

Can someone tell me how Wretzky aka D'arcy is doing, she did get some help right?:(

Travis_Wright
04-07-2005, 06:54 AM
she's been hanging around mickey rourke, the "cook" from the spun movie, so if that's any indication, i doubt she's gotten any help, she's tried some acting, but now she's either a liscensed massause or accupunturist, i can't remember which of the two, back in wisconsin.

LegendaryU2K
04-07-2005, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by Travis_Wright
she's been hanging around mickey rourke, the "cook" from the spun movie, so if that's any indication, i doubt she's gotten any help, she's tried some acting, but now she's either a liscensed massause or accupunturist, i can't remember which of the two, back in wisconsin.

For real, i will look her up and see can i help shorty, in the near future.

Thats a shame tho:(

wpc33
04-08-2005, 02:36 AM
Keep in mind that this "news" about D'arcy is over 5 years old. Nobody here really has any idea what D'arcy is really doing

Corganist
04-08-2005, 02:42 AM
Originally posted by wpc33
Keep in mind that this "news" about D'arcy is over 5 years old. Nobody here really has any idea what D'arcy is really doing
Wasn't the last news we heard that she was training horses or something? I seem to remember a fairly recent thread (within the past year or so) that talked about it.

But yeah, that Mickey Rourke stuff is ancient news.

RopeyLopey
04-08-2005, 02:47 AM
Originally posted by Corganist

Wasn't the last news we heard that she was training horses or something? I seem to remember a fairly recent thread (within the past year or so) that talked about it.

But yeah, that Mickey Rourke stuff is ancient news. i hope she will write some book about her life one day. It could be kinda interesting to read.

mistle
04-08-2005, 02:50 AM
Originally posted by RopeyLopey
i hope she will write some book about her life one day. It could be kinda interesting to read.

actually that would be pretty fucking awesome

it would probably be way better than a book by billy

RopeyLopey
04-08-2005, 03:08 AM
Originally posted by mistle


it would probably be way better than a book by billy you must mean the poetry book!