the Madonna of Humility
12-16-2002, 03:06 AM
1. World goes round
2. Honestly
3. Declarations of Faith
4. Broken Heart
5. Settle Down
6. Jesus -> Mary

And I swear to God...I'm 90% sure he was wearing the moose sweater. Or at least something oddly similiar.

hereisnowhy
12-16-2002, 03:19 AM
Thanks. This was part of a multi-band thing again, right?

Any good stage banter or anything?

Sacred Age Of Innocence
12-16-2002, 03:26 AM
The setlist blows.

Where the fuck is Endless Summer

palidor
12-16-2002, 03:34 AM
Originally posted by Sacred Age Of Innocence
The setlist blows.

SOLIDAge
12-16-2002, 03:44 AM
hu
to bad i couldn't go
damned finals...
oh well

atleast i saw them in NY and they played God Gunna set :-D

the Madonna of Humility
12-16-2002, 03:55 AM
Originally posted by hereisnowhy
Thanks. This was part of a multi-band thing again, right?

Any good stage banter or anything? Yeah, multi band thing. Almost no banter. Billy talked about the Bears for a bit and Sweeney went off about doing it 'Philly Style,' that's about it. But Mary was about 20 minutes long and was the best performance I've heard so far.

lament
12-16-2002, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by Sacred Age Of Innocence
The setlist blows.

It was a good show. Zwan has lots of great songs. You can't expect them to play everything you want when they can only play ~6 songs.

Absent
12-16-2002, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by the Madonna of Humility
But Mary was about 20 minutes long and was the best performance I've heard so far.

*drools* wow......how can you complain about endless summer when they played this??

lament
12-16-2002, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by Absent

*drools* wow......how can you complain about endless summer when they played this??

Mary last night was awesome

Sacred Age Of Innocence
12-16-2002, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by lament

It was a good show. Zwan has lots of great songs. You can't expect them to play everything you want when they can only play ~6 songs.

The song should be played everytime period!!!!

So I'll kick your ass later bitch

useful idiot
12-16-2002, 01:39 PM
the crowd sucked. when they started jesus, the crowd was like wtf? anyone hear the guy sceaming for starla and mayo?

SPReality
12-16-2002, 01:52 PM
How was coldplay?

useful idiot
12-16-2002, 02:11 PM
i didnt stay for coldplay. i dont really care for them.

Jen Ever
12-16-2002, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by useful idiot
the crowd sucked. when they started jesus, the crowd was like wtf? anyone hear the guy sceaming for starla and mayo?

What about that nutball screaming for Jesus Loves His Babies?

lament
12-16-2002, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by useful idiot

The crowd was really into the show, just not for Zwan. The majority of the people there only really got into Good Charlotte/New Found. And to an extent, coldplay.

lament
12-16-2002, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by SPReality
How was coldplay?

Coldplay put on a good show, though mostly composed of just single material. The regular Nelly 'hot in herre' tease, and they played part of a christmas song.

dsheinem
12-16-2002, 03:56 PM
it wasn't the moose sweater, though the "taste" was similar.

As far as setlists go, I don't know that you could ask for a better one from a 45-50 minute set. They played 4-5 of their shorter songs. They were tight, but nothing special (although Until I died was the first "soft song" from any band that night and seemed quite heartfelt.) BUT they jammed for like 30 minutes total with the Jesus/ Mary bit...there was no stoppage, just one right into the other. The sound was bad for hearing lyrics anyway, but the jamming came through loud and clear and was perfect for the venue. It was mesmerizing, escapist, spaced-out rock, and no one on that bill brought anything close (though QOTSA did their thing well).

dave

lament
12-16-2002, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by dsheinem
BUT they jammed for like 30 minutes total with the Jesus/ Mary bit...there was no stoppage

LOL. it wasnt that long. Their whole set was 35 minutes total, tops.

Bedroom Eye
12-16-2002, 05:01 PM
I think that was the best performance they could put on at a radio show. the song choices were just perfert and the Jesus-->Mary Star of the Sea thing was amazing. I think they played for about 45 minutes as apposed to 35 but who really cares, it was all awesome. I had these Good Charlotte fans looking at me funny and mocking me everytime I yelled something for Zwan and I couldn't help but think how little they realized what they were witnessing. oh well. it was really great to see Billy and Jimmy play again, since its been 2 years since I saw either of them perform, and really, I don't think an opinion can be had about the band unless you have seen them because any bootleg I've heard did not do justice to what I saw last night.

Lunadisarm
12-16-2002, 11:52 PM
It was good to see them smiling and having so much fun. They both said that they're really pleased with how things are going after the show.

hereisnowhy
12-17-2002, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by dsheinem
they jammed for like 30 minutes total with the Jesus/ Mary bit...there was no stoppage, just one right into the other.

I can't wait to hear the album version of that.