View Full Version : Vancouver Complex-show Meetup! 4/9/05

wpc33
04-01-2005, 11:22 AM
Hey everyone! I'm posting this on other boards too, so post here, and come on down! Last one was just me and my friend(:p to me) but now we have an occasion, so I don't want any excuses like "I have to work" That is so-holy shot, I'm gonna be late for work! Copy/paste

http://pumpkins.meetup.com/16/events/4501953/

Jimmy Chamberlin Complex pre-show gettogether!

When? Saturday, April 9th at 3:00 PM We will wait for late folks :)

Where the hell is it? On the steps of the art gallery in Downtown Vancouver...Robson Street side!

What will we do? Much like the making of Adore, we will do Whatever we wanna. We will field suggestions from the more creative and decsisive members of our group on the day, and we'll go with the grooviest suggestions :) Me, I'm down for whatever.

Why??? Because the meetup last October when Billy came to town for his newyorktimesbestseller was so much fun, even though hardly anyone knew eachother before, and we were all so different yet so friendly, we oughta make some mo' magic, and some more good times...And the last meetup, in March, was just me and a buddy of mine lol

Who?? Anybody and everybody, no clique-ish things goin on here, just a common interest bringing some good people together. What else are you gonna do on a Sunday afternoon? I'm looking forward to your RSVP's, your emails, your message board posts, and most of all, your Arrival at the meetup! See ya!!
When:

Saturday, April 9, 2005 at 3:00 PM
Where:

Vancouver Art Gallery
750 Hornby
Vancouver, BC V6Z 2H7
(604) 662-4700
Notes:

Hi everybody, I'm Josh, and I'd love it if you, yes you, whoever you are, will come and hang out with us for a SP meet-up! We had a similar get-together when Billy came to town to promote his book! We had over a DOZEN awesome people show up, say Hi and stick around. All in all, we all had an excellent time and made some new pals. Considering the niche a big pumpkins fan that would read something like this, we all got along great!
FUN ~ yes something that is only present in the first 28 times reading scrawled Siamese Dream liner notes...;)
So come on down! You can always ditch, and I'd wager cash you will not wanna
Everyone is welcome! 13 or 37, whateva! Bring a friend if you want to. The human security blankets can be good motivator's ;)
!!!Sunday, March 13th, 3 PM on the steps of the art gallery in downtown Vancouver! Robson St!~Activities, locales etc = Suggest whatever you want, and we'll take on-the-spot polls! Questions? Email me! RSVP if you can, and do come! See ya there!

smashedpumpkin33
04-01-2005, 12:51 PM
okay josh! i'm coming. :D No excuses that weekend as i'll be in the first week of my term. Now that Jimmy is coming it is the perfect time to get together. We can try to talk to jimmy outside the club and tell him how excited we are that they came to vancouver. It will be such an amazing show. Hope to see some more of you there,
Jese

RopeyLopey
04-01-2005, 12:54 PM
announcements like this scare me.

wpc33
04-01-2005, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by RopeyLopey
announcements like this scare me.

How so?

And Jese, awesome!

everybody else who will or could come, give it a post!

wpc33
04-04-2005, 01:05 AM
hmm, maybe netphoria isn't as inhabited as it used to be..

"Oh Edna, you and I both know these children will amount to nothing!!........Prove me wrong, children. Prove me wrong!"

;)

I finally bought my ticket yesterday:rolleyes: Scared straight after missing both dta1979 shows. I can't wait! I say we all wait behind the venue to meet Jimmy. He's the coolest! Maybe he'll remember me:D

Voice Implodes
04-04-2005, 05:32 PM
count me in.

Fathoms
04-04-2005, 06:34 PM
I would, but it doesn't look like I'll be properly funded!

wpc33
04-05-2005, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by Fathoms
I would, but it doesn't look like I'll be properly funded!

Really? No $15 for the ticket? I'm sure you can pulls something off by then if this is what you mean

smashedpumpkin33
04-06-2005, 11:02 PM
josh, i'll be there a bit late but wait for me cause i am coming! i am attending a TCM seminar until 3 at davie and pacific so i have to make my way from yaletown. i hope to be there by 3:15. greg and a couple friends who are coming to the show are meeting up with me for dinner before the show, so we can make it a group thing. see you then. :)
Jese
so who else is coming? come on guys!

Fathoms
04-07-2005, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by wpc33

Really? No $15 for the ticket? I'm sure you can pulls something off by then if this is what you mean

I just bought two tickets today. And two of the three people I wanted to go with can't. So.... I'll try and make it but I still don't know exactly what I'm doing!

hereisnowhy
04-08-2005, 02:47 PM
I'm in ontario or I would come!

-Paul

RopeyLopey
04-08-2005, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by hereisnowhy
I'm in ontario or I would come!

-Paul hi paul!what are you doing here (I mean in Ontario)?

hereisnowhy
04-08-2005, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by RopeyLopey
hi paul!what are you doing here (I mean in Ontario)?

I'm at mcmaster! Until july or so. But I've been so busy I haven't been able to travel around and meet people, go to billy's poetry reading, etc.

smashedpumpkin33
04-09-2005, 12:48 AM
oh and thought i should add....I am a 24 yr old female with shoulder length curly brown hair. i'll be wearing a tan jacket. that might help any of you who don't want to ask everyone on robson if they are fans of the smashing pumpkins.
alright, see ya.
Jese

Voice Implodes
04-09-2005, 01:24 AM
i may not make it to the meetup but i will prbably be on the show. will be wearing a black zwan t-shirt.

Fathoms (unadored)
04-09-2005, 01:27 AM
pretty sure I'll be at the meetup! But still may not... I'll be wearing a green-jacket, hopefully green touque, and a rather ametuerish goatee! pants and shoes too!

wpc33
04-10-2005, 02:42 AM
The meetup was just me and Jese this time, but the show was great! Also, public shout outs to Greg, yo. Mongolian bbq like a mofo!

I got two setlists and an autographed drumstick! ooooohhhhhhh yeeeees:cool:

Sorry we didn't get to to meet anybody else, but hey, we live in the same city! Anybody that wants to, add me to msn
jammeisterjosh@hotmail.com

I <heart> JIMMY!!! :D
Great show!

Fathoms (unadored)
04-10-2005, 09:37 PM
They played everything off the record except lullabye, plus three songs including Sloth, which was the encore. Jimmy's drumming was consistently stunning and I was smiling the whole night, and Sean and Billy both played great too. Cranes of Prey and Owed to Darly and Sloth were well over ten minutes each which and we're the hilights. After the show I got to shake Jimmy's hand but never got a chance to get LBA signed...

In conclusion, Jimmy is the coolest person ever.

Punkishlyevil
04-10-2005, 09:44 PM
How long was the show?

Fathoms (unadored)
04-10-2005, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by Punkishlyevil
How long was the show?

Probably around 1h 1/2.

Punkishlyevil
04-10-2005, 10:09 PM
Ah cool. That means they're playing quite a bit longer than on the mini tour in January.

wpc33
04-10-2005, 10:58 PM
We also did a good job getting an encore lol By the time they came back out, the whole venue was slamming their feet and fists while chanting "Jimmy":D