View Full Version : Stories about meeting or seeing SP/Zwan?

obscured
03-31-2005, 03:16 PM
Don't know if this is an overused topic or not...

Has anyone ever met the Pumpkins or seen them in concert? Share experiences!

vitaldust
03-31-2005, 03:40 PM
one time james took me into a rock spaceship behind billy's back and when I got out I could smell colors

Dead
03-31-2005, 03:41 PM
Once I saw Billy and Jimmy at the back of the first Zwan show, I took some pics. I was excited.

Punkishlyevil
03-31-2005, 04:19 PM
I met James Iha's mom at an APC show...seriously I did. :D

Karl Connor
03-31-2005, 04:29 PM
i met james iha's mom at a dry cleaning store

RopeyLopey
03-31-2005, 04:31 PM
obscured: change your username, please. this is confusing.

KManXC
03-31-2005, 05:35 PM
I met Billy and Jimmy after the 2nd Zwan show in LA. Jimmy gave me a homemade cookie. I wasn't sure if eating it was a good idea or not. I ate it and felt fine... really fine

And Billy refused to sign an autograph. That bastard. Still my 2nd favorite life memory though- right ahead of the wedding and right behind my daughter being born.

obscured
03-31-2005, 06:55 PM
Does anyone remember that little autograph tour the Pumpkins did a few years ago? Resume the Pose, i think it was called. I got to meet them then. Stood outside this Best Buy for like 12 hours with tons of ppl. It was cool though, they signed my Siamese Dream cover and a poster and were really friendly and everything. Billy even shook my hand and kissed me on the cheek. *blush*Sometimes i still freak out about it.

I got to see them on their Arising! tour when they came through pittsburgh. That was my first real concert and it kicked SO much ass.

douglas78
04-03-2005, 10:54 PM
i saw dave pajo standing around the inside door at the metro when the blue meanies did their reunion show dec. 23 last year. he kinda looked stoned.
then when i was standing in line in chicago for billy to sign his poetry book, i was standing the whole time through the line with (LEN'S) sister. anyone remember the reference to len in the veuphoria dvd where billy talks about how he met james through a friend named len. well len's sister was standing next to me in line getting a friend of her's an autograph. the friend wanted her to give billy his demo tapes or something. i dont think that the guards let her give him the tapes though. oh well.....

DieDiemydarling
04-04-2005, 05:03 AM
I've never seen any of them in person before. =(

spacey raygun
04-04-2005, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by vitaldust
one time james took me into a rock spaceship behind billy's back and when I got out I could smell colors

sounds like james infected you with a bad case of synesthesia...

it's about suppression

obscured01
04-04-2005, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by RopeyLopey
obscured: change your username, please. this is confusing.

<font color="dab9ea">I hate to ask you to do that but yeah, it is a bit confusing.</font>

DamingR
04-04-2005, 11:37 AM
I met Zwan after a show at Illinois State (?) on that US tour. They were all really nice and signed my "5 nights at metro" poster.

It was a bit of a cattle herd, but it was still cool.

Thank you, Zwan street team!

RopeyLopey
04-04-2005, 10:35 PM
obscured:

CHANGE YOUR USERNAME YOU STUPID BITCH!

Quiet
04-05-2005, 09:33 AM
One of my friends from Chicago ran into Billy once. She was on her way to school and was carrying her Physics book with her. He noticed it and said, "So, studying physics huh?". She was so starstruck that all she could think to say was "Yeah... it's eating my soul." He gave her this very puzzled look and replied "<i>Physics</i> is eating your soul?". She smiled sheepishly and replied "Yeah". So she got him to sign her physics homework (it's all she had on her). I thought it was a pretty awesome story.

Nova
04-06-2005, 05:22 PM
I WAS WALKING OUTSIDE CLEANING UP SOME DOG POO WHEN A UFO CAME. THIS BALD DOOD THAT LOOKED LIKE BOLLY SAID "TELL EVERY1 ITS A SINE. THEN WAIT UNTIL 2005 TO TELL THEM MY SOLO ALBUM IS COMING OUT."

SO I WENT ON THE INTERWEB AND TOLD EVERYONE ITS A SINE. THE REST IS HISTORIE.

starchunx
04-06-2005, 09:46 PM
I met Billy Corgan behind the Township Auditorium in Columbia, SC on the Machina tour. It was awesome. It was a small little group of us, I talked the security guard into letting us into the bus area. Billy came out, I was euphoric...he dropped his hat. He was really pale. He told us that the band was going to be breaking up...he said some other stuff I cant remember because my jaw was on the floor.

mackina
04-09-2005, 08:18 PM
ive met everyone except for darcy
and i met everyone in zwan paz hugged me and i melted she so amazing.billy was great jimmy was literally an angel my friends and i met james in the city by chance it was so kewl pajo was quiet and matt was funny

tetro
04-12-2005, 04:30 AM
Met Zwan at Spaceland and everyone was really nice. I met Billy again at the JCC show at the Troubador recently.

Isle
04-12-2005, 12:50 PM
i've met melissa. i'm in her photo album too, she took pics of the crowd at her first uk show and i was hogging the photo, i have my hands in people's faces and everything

pumpkingrrrl
04-12-2005, 12:51 PM
i met Billy at his book signing in Chicago last year. he asked me how i was, and i said good and how are you? he said good.

and that was it. that is all i could say. i was in shock.

then i shook his hand :D

Isle
04-12-2005, 01:21 PM
i was the tranny billy shacked up with