View Full Version : some lyrics from new album...found in article..

Cherub Angel
03-31-2005, 02:59 PM
http://biz.yahoo.com/iw/050331/083786.html

The album opens with "All Things Change," in which CORGAN looks at life on all fronts -- "all things change/around/all is faith/unwound" -- but is ultimately hopeful. The rhythmically propulsive "Mina Loy (M.O.H.)" contains images of apocalypse -- "the siren calls outside/they want to kill us all/innocents, wounded souls/full of rage/nowhere to go" -- but has the sincere, uplifting refrain, "Can I give my old heart to you?" Later, amid the pointed guitar lines of the upbeat "Walking Shade," CORGAN sings, "I'm out walking shade/to brush these fires aside/to calm the rising fight/to build you a new life." The album concludes with "Strayz," a ballad about truth and love that's simple, pure and evocative, as CORGAN relates: "you know I'm true/wasn't born to follow/you stay with me/you stay with me when I go."

wHATcOLOR
03-31-2005, 03:05 PM
well he didn't say anything about kitties yet, so i'm willing to overlook the 'faith' part.. for now.. :Skeptical

nah, i'm pretty pumped, truth be told

wHATcOLOR
03-31-2005, 03:08 PM
hey, that article is a pretty good read. sounds promising!

Quiet
03-31-2005, 03:11 PM
Hmmm... I'm not sure about you guys, but this sounds promising to me. Doesn't remind me at all of Zwan, which is good. If set to proper music, these could add up to some great songs. I'm actally more excited now after reading this. DAMMIT June 21st is a long way off...

Quiet
03-31-2005, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by Jerome
hey, that article is a pretty good read. sounds promising!

We both said "promising". Great minds think alike... or something.

Isle
03-31-2005, 03:13 PM
those lyrical snippets are pretty poor. hopefully the music will compensate.

tomthum81
03-31-2005, 03:14 PM
i feel a little relieved after reading that... especially this part
Over shadowy guitar lines and beautifully lush cascades of sound, CORGAN warmly and vividly delivers pure expressions of love and devotion in the face of uncertainty, doubt and sorrow.
could be really good

Cherub Angel
03-31-2005, 03:14 PM
It's upbeat because it's a press release....but still, the lyrics are promising.

I think we all need to collectively get over the faith part......he's not being preachy so let it slide.

wHATcOLOR
03-31-2005, 03:22 PM
yeah, word. i was mainly joking when talking about faith..

but i am encouraged by how they describe the sound. they are using adjectives that sum up many things i think we all liked about the pumpkins sound, most of which were absent in zwan's sound.

so this sounds cool to me. and you're right, this album IS a long way off. so begins the countdown..

RopeyLopey
03-31-2005, 03:28 PM
why this is in yahoo's financial section?

Cherub Angel
03-31-2005, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by RopeyLopey
why this is in yahoo's financial section?

music industry news......industry=money

Dead
03-31-2005, 03:31 PM
After reading this I have officially become all pumped up about the album. Sounds like Machina. :rockon:

And to whoever disses Machina, a preemptive FU!

tomthum81
03-31-2005, 03:35 PM
i think the bottom line here is it sounds like the pumpkins

thus billy

SpFission
03-31-2005, 03:39 PM
hopefully sounds nothing like machina....

Dead
03-31-2005, 03:41 PM
Doesn't sound like its gonna sound like the pumpkins.

It's gonna be all progressive like Radiohead.

silverfrick
03-31-2005, 03:45 PM
Its not going to sound like Machina. That would be nice but I'm preparing for an album of Lokicat meets Zwan.

Dead
03-31-2005, 03:48 PM
No Lokicat for me. :(

tomthum81
03-31-2005, 04:18 PM
fuck radiohead.... ok computer is great, but all their new shit sucks.

the pumpkins were considered progressive back in the day...

Cherub Angel
03-31-2005, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by tomthum81
fuck radiohead.... ok computer is great, but all their new shit sucks.

the pumpkins were considered progressive back in the day...

if anything, Billy makes stuff that's a hell of a lot more melodic.

RopeyLopey
03-31-2005, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by Cherub Angel

music industry news......industry=money do the shares in Crogan go up or down? I am confused....

Slurpee
03-31-2005, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by Isle
those lyrical snippets are pretty poor. hopefully the music will compensate.

Keep in mind that a lyrical snippet like

"Farewell/Goodnight/Last one out, turn out the lights"

or

"and with this ring i wed thee true
and with this ring i wed thee now"

Would have sounded pretty poor in early 1995, before you heard the context.

chris_bakewell
03-31-2005, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by Dead
After reading this I have officially become all pumped up about the album. Sounds like Machina. :rockon:

And to whoever disses Machina, a preemptive FU!

Dead
03-31-2005, 10:38 PM
I've changed my tune, I'm less pumped yet still hopeful.

I happened to tape a 20 second segment on TV re: BC release but it doesn't contain any new footage or anything. Just a few clips of BC and Robert Smith.

They mentioned the CD title, June release, July world tour, Robert Smith backing up on the bee gees cover. That's it.

Reyngel
04-01-2005, 12:46 AM
Seems like it's going to have the same heart as Adore. All signs have been pointing to a late-97, early-98 Pumpkins feel... which I think is a great thing.

Rockin' Cherub
04-01-2005, 06:44 AM
what's the deal with all those abbreviations?

zerock
04-01-2005, 07:11 AM
http://www.dextersportscience.com/images/mrm/Whey-Pumped.jpg

Mariner
04-01-2005, 07:23 AM
Originally posted by zerock
http://www.dextersportscience.com/images/mrm/Whey-Pumped.jpg

:rofl:

Originally posted by Jerome
i was mainly joking when talking about faith..

plus Corgan's right, on a philisophical technicality

Villarelo
04-05-2005, 11:10 AM
Don't know why but when I read these lyrics I hear on mi mind the AOI melody all the time :eek:

Originally posted by Cherub Angel
http://biz.yahoo.com/iw/050331/083786.html

The album opens with "All Things Change," in which CORGAN looks at life on all fronts -- "all things change/around/all is faith/unwound" -- but is ultimately hopeful. The rhythmically propulsive "Mina Loy (M.O.H.)" contains images of apocalypse -- "the siren calls outside/they want to kill us all/innocents, wounded souls/full of rage/nowhere to go" -- but has the sincere, uplifting refrain, "Can I give my old heart to you?" Later, amid the pointed guitar lines of the upbeat "Walking Shade," CORGAN sings, "I'm out walking shade/to brush these fires aside/to calm the rising fight/to build you a new life." The album concludes with "Strayz," a ballad about truth and love that's simple, pure and evocative, as CORGAN relates: "you know I'm true/wasn't born to follow/you stay with me/you stay with me when I go."