View Full Version : post here if your fucking pumped about the new album

ciGarski
03-31-2005, 12:59 PM
i don't care about the naysayers, i think its gonna rock! and absolutly awesome to see a new video, a fucking tour too!

im a huge corgan fan, a dying breed it seems, but i know im not the only one:D

Affectation
03-31-2005, 01:01 PM
You're dilusional. Every album since MCIS has been slightly worse than it's predecessor. You're expecting a miracle, which isn't very likely to happen.

tomthum81
03-31-2005, 01:01 PM
im anxious... all i can say right now... ill let you know if im pumped after i hear it.

Isle
03-31-2005, 01:04 PM
for a moment i thought ciGarki's avatar was the cover of the album.

it just looks right.

ciGarski
03-31-2005, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by Affectation
You're dilusional. Every album since MCIS has been slightly worse than it's predecessor. You're expecting a miracle, which isn't very likely to happen.

na, adore is beautiful! but thats a tired and redundant arguement,

however i know its not going to be MSIS, your right...

i just really like that man and what he has to say, hes smart and even his mediocre work beats the holly hell outta most things ive heard as of late.

you just need to learn to appreciate the different albums on different levels...atleast thats what ive found.

ciGarski
03-31-2005, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by Isle
for a moment i thought ciGarki's avatar was the cover of the album.

it just looks right.

embrace the future Isle, EMBRACE IT.

zerock
03-31-2005, 01:16 PM
expect 100000000000000000+ threads by june on the album.
:warp:

tomthum81
03-31-2005, 01:17 PM
i have complete faith itll kick ass... i mean he said its relies on heavy and loud guitar riffs... thats gotta be good right?? at least its not entirely electronic.

ciGarski
03-31-2005, 01:22 PM
your fucking right theres going to be threads on it. its news! we bitch enough how theres nothing to talk about and everythings tired...

its ok to be excited. i understand the skeptics but fuck that why not get fired up?

Rider
03-31-2005, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by tomthum81
i have complete faith itll kick ass... i mean he said its relies on heavy and loud guitar riffs... thats gotta be good right?? at least its not entirely electronic.

"Many people assume when I do more progressive work that I am trying to move away from something, when honestly what I am trying to do is get closer to who I really am," Corgan says of the upcoming album. "I tried to sum up all my feelings about my life and the world around me in the most beautiful ways I could dream up. It is easy to be negative, and much harder to find that silver lining behind the clouds of modern society."

tomthum81
03-31-2005, 01:29 PM
Corgan says of the upcoming album. "I tried to sum up all my feelings about my life and the world around me in the most beautiful ways I could dream up. It is easy to be negative, and much harder to find that silver lining behind the clouds of modern society."
but wasnt siamese dream like that too... doesnt have to mean its gonna sound like care bears on acid

i know siamese dream was a sad album, but at the same time he wrote about what little good he could find. as long as its not MSOST or some shit.

wHATcOLOR
03-31-2005, 01:46 PM
i will post here, because i am pumped for the album!!

loafofjoy
03-31-2005, 02:14 PM
im fucking pumped

zerock
03-31-2005, 02:25 PM
i smell the boards coming back to life, it would be cool if we get a new oboard soon, that way we can troll it to death :hurl: :rofl:

mirrar
03-31-2005, 02:36 PM
i'm mildly curious.

Cherub Angel
03-31-2005, 02:54 PM
I'm pumped. He always does something interesting in one way or another.

Quiet
03-31-2005, 02:58 PM
Color me fucking pumped.

Banana Luke
03-31-2005, 03:13 PM
I am pumped just about as much as this guy.

http://www.drakeshangout.com/pics/images/353637-0810h078.jpg

Banana Luke

NP -- Hokey Pokey

vanilla
03-31-2005, 03:37 PM
yeah, i'm a little excited.

Isle
03-31-2005, 04:00 PM
i just hope billz has some futuristic costumes lined up.

ciGarski
03-31-2005, 04:49 PM
this is what im talkin bout
im skeptical about the beegees cover but sounds like robert smith has come to save the day...whhaaaaaaatever though

don't be afraid...let your guard down...embrace billy again...embrace the future...

thefutureembracecomingtofinerecordstoresjune21 :rockon:

thuway
03-31-2005, 04:56 PM
Why hasn't this shit been leaked yet?!

ciGarski
03-31-2005, 04:57 PM
he and whoever is in charge has done a hell of a job keeping the music from us. anyone know when the single might come out?

SpFission
03-31-2005, 05:21 PM
im hoping it doesnt get leaked until at least may 1st, but I highly doubt. I want to at least hear the single on the radio before the other songs on the album. That would be cool if it never got leaked at all, actually. What are the chances of this happening???

chris_bakewell
03-31-2005, 06:29 PM
I'm really looking forward to it, its gonna be brilliant i know it!!!!!

zerock
03-31-2005, 06:43 PM
this gives me something worthy to look forward to, not bad.

vbshlofbvgos
03-31-2005, 06:53 PM
The more I learn about the album the less pumped I get... Same as it was for Machina. Then when you hear the album its ten times worse than you expected.

ciGarski
03-31-2005, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by vbshlofbvgos
The more I learn about the album the less pumped I get... Same as it was for Machina. Then when you hear the album its ten times worse than you expected.

thanks for posting, maybe you misunderstood the directions.

vbshlofbvgos
03-31-2005, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by ciGarki

thanks for posting, maybe you misunderstood the directions.

I can't FUCKING WAIT for this album!!!!!!!! YEEEEEEE-HAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!

Corganist
03-31-2005, 07:09 PM
Count me as pumped. The lack of news for the past few months were making me begin to think that I'd lost interest...but with the recent news, June 21st has become like Christmas Day. There are few things that get me more excited than new music from Corgan.

zerock
03-31-2005, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by Corganist
Count me as pumped. The lack of news for the past few months were making me begin to think that I'd lost interest...but with the recent news, June 21st has become like Christmas Day. There are few things that get me more excited than new music from Corgan. well after all you are a corganist.:p

ciGarski
03-31-2005, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by vbshlofbvgos

I can't FUCKING WAIT for this album!!!!!!!! YEEEEEEE-HAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!

thats what im talkin about!!!!!

rock on corganist

obscured01
03-31-2005, 08:14 PM
<font color="dab9ea">I'm pretty much expecting the worst right off hand. It's kind of a combination between

this</font>
Originally posted by Mirror_Untrue
i'm mildly curious.

<font color="dab9ea">and this</font>
Every album since MCIS has been slightly worse than it's predecessor. You're expecting a miracle, which isn't very likely to happen.

pineapple*soul
03-31-2005, 08:16 PM
i really dont want to hear the album till it comes out.

ideally, i'll catch the first single on the radio, and i wont realise its him until half way through.... then it's be "Whoa! YES YES YES!!!!"

and then i'll get the album

and i'd be

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

WOWOWOWOWOWOWOW!!!!!"

so, im pumped

ZackZ
03-31-2005, 08:50 PM
Considering the fact that Machina was supposed to be the greatest rock album of all time, I'm skeptical. Although that was a long time ago and obviously Billy has gone off the deep end since then, so maybe it will be interesting.

GlasgowKiss
03-31-2005, 08:53 PM
You all can just tell me if the ratio of crazy whacked out solos to songs. Ill be able to work out how good it is from that.

Nova
03-31-2005, 10:28 PM
I am really excited. But damn, June 21st isn't coming up anytime soon.

I hope it leaks. I will still buy the album of course.

ciGarski
03-31-2005, 11:02 PM
ive never liked a pumpkins/corgan release the first time i heard it. melon collie was like...piano? i think not.....mind you i was in 4th grade. then its grew on me and i discovered the album almost religously for years...i would suddenly realize the brilliance of a song and fall inlove with it. adore was tremendously disappointing...untill i understood it as a different album, not just the "MCIS part 2 that never was"....machina i couldn't relate to because it didn't speak to me..it was too much about billy breakin up the band and i never liked how he said "i am never alone" in with every light...i thought fuck that, i still feel alone, im still a depressed teenager, don't leave me billy!!...now i can understand the album better and it means alot to me...

so i can say with some certainty that i will not like the album at first.

however....i know that come june 21st, i will hear a cd that i will come to love and ultimatly it will journey with me through ups and downs, traveling alone with headphones and walking to class, establishing memories tied with the music i will appreciate forever.

phew.

zerock
04-01-2005, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by ZackZ
Considering the fact that Machina was supposed to be the greatest rock album of all time, I'm skeptical. Although that was a long time ago and obviously Billy has gone off the deep end since then, so maybe it will be interesting. wasnt that supposed to be Mellon Collie?

Dead
04-01-2005, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by ciGarki
ive never liked a pumpkins/corgan release the first time i heard it.
You suck as a fan.

Axl Rose
04-01-2005, 12:17 AM
i'm fucking pumpked, know what I'm sayin?!:D

AH-NAH!!!!!!!!!!!

redbreegull
04-01-2005, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by GlasgowKiss
You all can just tell me if the ratio of crazy whacked out solos to songs. Ill be able to work out how good it is from that.

Didn't Billy say the album would have no solos?

ciGarski
04-01-2005, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by Dead

You suck as a fan.

no i don't. my most treasured albums in my collection i had to learn to appreciate. im bored with the ones i liked right away. beauty (at least musically) is something that comes slow and takes time to fully appreciate.

im bored with catchy songs that entertain at first but u can't dig below there surface because theyve exposed everything right away. the best music in my opinion you HAVE to pay attention to, to get everything out of it fully.

anyway corgan never does whats expected. who saw adore coming? no one. we all sit on are computers thinking we know what thefutureembrace will produce but we don't. it will speak for its self come june 21st or whenever somebody gets the leak.

the pumpkins were not korn. same thing everytime. no suprises as a fan. no they were progressive and ahead of there time in some occations. so of course the music took warming up to. but everytime it was brillaint.

no dead i do not suck as a fan, i was rash saying i disliked every album, i should had said, took warming up to, or couldn't appreciate at first but im as loyal as the next fanatic here and thats why i am FUCKING PUMPED!!

the virex
04-01-2005, 01:11 AM
Episode III comes out first. i'm more pumped for that. once i see that, i'll concentrate more on b0lly hype.

THEFUTUREMBRACE
04-01-2005, 01:57 AM
you bet your ass im pumped.

this is a pumpkins board isn't it?

DieDiemydarling
04-01-2005, 02:05 AM
I eagerly await!

DieDiemydarling
04-01-2005, 02:10 AM
Originally posted by THEFUTUREMBRACE
you bet your ass im pumped.

this is a pumpkins board isn't it? It's supposed to be, but it's actually a General Chat Messageboard in disguise.

Possibly 70% of the members think SP are nothing special.

THEFUTUREMBRACE
04-01-2005, 02:19 AM
thats what i gathered

Affectation
04-01-2005, 02:24 AM
It's crazy how many of you are absolute fanatics. Billy could record an hour long album of him just speaking "Billy Corgan" over and over and over. And you would think it's genius.

It's all based on merit.

THEFUTUREMBRACE
04-01-2005, 02:25 AM
It's crazy how many of you are absolute fanatics. Billy could record an hour long album of him just speaking "Billy Corgan" over and over and over. And you would think it's genius.

It's all based on merit.

yeah its crazy isn't it.

Corganist
04-01-2005, 02:49 AM
It's crazy how many of you are absolute fanatics. Billy could record an hour long album of him just speaking "Billy Corgan" over and over and over.
That sounds awesome. I would pay to hear it.

But seriously, I don't think that its fanatic to be excited for this album if you like the guy's music. Its not like anyone is declaring right now that this album is gonna be great. That would be fanatic. The converse of that, saying that the album will suck (without having heard a note of it), is equally as wrongheaded. At least hopeless optimism has a little positivity behind it. Ultimate fanatics may be delusional, but at least they aren't a drag.

Oh well, to each his own.

Rider
04-01-2005, 03:09 AM
"Many people assume when I do more progressive work that I am trying to move away from something, when honestly what I am trying to do is get closer to who I really am," Corgan says of the upcoming album. "I tried to sum up all my feelings about my life and the world around me in the most beautiful ways I could dream up. It is easy to be negative, and much harder to find that silver lining behind the clouds of modern society."

Woody
04-01-2005, 05:39 AM
You'll all be begging for Zwan once this turkey drops.

Mark my words!

THEFUTUREMBRACE
04-01-2005, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by Corganist

That sounds awesome. I would pay to hear it.

But seriously, I don't think that its fanatic to be excited for this album if you like the guy's music. Its not like anyone is declaring right now that this album is gonna be great. That would be fanatic. The converse of that, saying that the album will suck (without having heard a note of it), is equally as wrongheaded. At least hopeless optimism has a little positivity behind it. Ultimate fanatics may be delusional, but at least they aren't a drag.

Oh well, to each his own.

preach it dude.

what the fuck is wrong with some of you people? why are you on this board? it may not longer be the pumpkins but fuck its corgan

chris_bakewell
04-01-2005, 10:35 AM
Fucking hell its gonna be great!!!!!

Affectation
04-01-2005, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by Rider
"Many people assume when I do more progressive work that I am trying to move away from something, when honestly what I am trying to do is get closer to who I really am," Corgan says of the upcoming album. "I tried to sum up all my feelings about my life and the world around me in the most beautiful ways I could dream up. It is easy to be negative, and much harder to find that silver lining behind the clouds of modern society." Everyone says that about their upcoming albums. EVERYONE.

vbshlofbvgos
04-01-2005, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by ZackZ
Considering the fact that Machina was supposed to be the greatest rock album of all time... I completely forgot about this until i read your post. Thats so sad.

Quiet CD
04-01-2005, 03:49 PM
I think its going to be completely outside of the realm of what we could expect. I commend Billy for keeping it so secretive about it, and not letting netphoria fans ruin things with their silly expectations...

but the secrets are starting to leak i guess

Quiet CD
04-01-2005, 03:53 PM
Machina was the best rock album of all time btw.

thuway
04-01-2005, 04:11 PM
I think if we meshed Machina I and Machina II,

Cut out songs like "Sacred and Profane" and "Heavy Metal Machine (alt)" and alot of others,

Cut it down to one cd,
Made "Wound" the mass marketed song,

Machina would have been the greatest Pumpkins cd.

pineapple*soul
04-01-2005, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by thuway
I think if we meshed Machina I and Machina II,

Cut out songs like "Sacred and Profane" and "Heavy Metal Machine (alt)" and alot of others,

Cut it down to one cd,
Made "Wound" the mass marketed song,

Machina would have been the greatest Pumpkins cd.

a very bold (but credible) statement