View Full Version : Billy's childood amp

redbreegull
03-27-2005, 11:00 PM
So I'm in Florida (vacation) and I walk into this place called The Guitar Exchange (www.theguitarexchange.com). The guy behind the counter looks like Butch Vig first of all, and he is dressed like how he was dressed in the Vieuphoria thing. Anyway, he was a weird dude. I said something about Billy, and he points to the corner and says, "That over there is Billy Corgan's first ever amp. He's been in this place many times." So I look over and its this dirty old Fender 30 watt I believe. I say, "Oh really...wow. How did you get that?" And he says, "His father came in here and sold it to me two weeks ago.":rofl:

Edit: Unless of course its true, then I'm buying it.

Any he also rushed me out of the store when he realized I had buttons on my shirt that could potentially scratch his guitars.:erm

Deleted_User
03-28-2005, 12:23 AM
i believe billy's dad lives in florida. that would explain why he showed up for the encore when zwan played ft. lauderdale.

it is possible.

where is this place?

edit: saw the link. it's in ft. lauderdale. i think i will take some time off this week and check it out.

redbreegull
03-28-2005, 12:34 AM
It's possible, but the whole thing seemd unlikely. If its true, I will feel stupid. If you go, ask him to see a receipt.

DieDiemydarling
03-28-2005, 12:44 AM
If I was Billy's dad I would ask him to provide me with first class tickets around the world to see his shows. =)

That would be really awesome.

redbreegull
03-28-2005, 12:46 AM
Why would his Dad go to the trouble to sell off his kid's first amp? It's not like he needs the money.

DieDiemydarling
03-28-2005, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by DieDiemydarling
If I was Billy's dad I would ask him to provide me with first class tickets around the world to see his shows. =)

That would be really awesome. well, if I liked his music that is.

Deleted_User
03-28-2005, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by redbreegull
It's not like he needs the money. i think he might...

redbreegull
03-28-2005, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by 2EXTRAVA2******
i think he might...

...bad attempt to insult Billy's recent projects?

On a serious note, Billy grew up in a pretty well off family, did he no?

The New
03-28-2005, 03:21 AM

...bad attempt to insult Billy's recent projects?

I don't think so,his dad was a muso after all
And the house they show in TGSON is nothing too flash

MajesticFlow
03-28-2005, 03:46 AM
I was at that zwan show. it was in pompano beach, and yea, he does live around here.

Rockin' Cherub
03-28-2005, 10:18 AM

i think it's fairly well-known that he didn't, he had to care for his brother and stuff. didn't he say that all the time. it had a strong influence on his work ethic.

redbreegull
03-28-2005, 10:18 AM
I thought his father was a pretty prominant figure in the Chicago jazz scene or something.

Rockin' Cherub
03-28-2005, 10:21 AM
i know some quite prominent figures in the jazz scene around here and they have to work hard to get all the money they need to get along.

Rockin' Cherub
03-28-2005, 10:23 AM
as a musician you have to sell records to make money. and i don't know what it's like in america, but here jazz records are only 1% of the music industry's income.

MajesticFlow
03-28-2005, 11:44 AM
cherubdaydream sucks

redbreegull
03-28-2005, 01:37 PM
Ok, I wasn't sure. I thought he had to take care of his brother just because he grew up in a houshold with pretty negligent parents who never really gave their kids the affection or time they needed (Ooh, the years burn). I guess it was some of his comments about growing up in middle class white America that made me believe his family had money. I wasn't thinking that in the 70s, white people generally did still live in largely white areas.

wHATcOLOR
03-28-2005, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by MajesticFlow
cherubdaydream sucks

word

teh b0lly!!1
03-28-2005, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by MajesticFlow
fuck you cherubdaydream

fixed

vanilla
03-28-2005, 05:11 PM
i remember hearing that billy gave his dad money to buy him his first guitar. and his dad totallly ripped him off and came back w/ a really shitty guitar. and either his dad kept the rest of the money, or bought his friend a nice guitar.-i can't remember which it was.

wHATcOLOR
03-28-2005, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by vanilla
i remember hearing that billy gave his dad money to buy him his first guitar. and his dad totallly ripped him off and came back w/ a really shitty guitar. and either his dad kept the rest of the money, or bought his friend a nice guitar.-i can't remember which it was.

yeah (http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=74215)

Deleted_User
03-28-2005, 07:10 PM
so im very seriously considering driving down to fort lauderdale this weekend to check this place out.

what do you think the chances are of getting billy sr. on the phone at the store and quiz him on things like billys birthday and his birthmarks and his birthmothers name and whatnot.

Sapphire
03-28-2005, 07:11 PM
so im very seriously considering driving down to fort lauderdale this weekend to check this place out.

what do you think the chances are of getting billy sr. on the phone at the store and quiz him on things like billys birthday and his birthmarks and his birthmothers name and whatnot.

What do you think the chances are of his knowing any of them?

Deleted_User
03-28-2005, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by Sapphire

What do you think the chances are of his knowing any of them? i would think that billy sr. would know his own sons birthday, even if he was a neglectful asshole. i mean, billy's a millionaire now. i think i would start caring about those things.

vanilla
03-28-2005, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by Jerome

yeah (http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=74215)
okay, now i remember where i read it. thanks.

redbreegull
03-30-2005, 10:35 PM

Tell me how it turns out.