View Full Version : Why are you all disappointed about the iTunes tracklisting?

redbreegull
03-25-2005, 03:23 PM
Everyone was pissed when they found out new stuff was being released online, and now everyone is pissed because it isn't.

Quiet
03-25-2005, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by redbreegull
Everyone was pissed when they found out new stuff was being released online, and now everyone is pissed because it isn't.

A) We want a box set

B) The "rarities" promised aren't rare at all

redbreegull
03-25-2005, 03:39 PM
It seems like it's all good to me...

Now the box set is more likely to come out with rarities.

Dead
03-25-2005, 03:44 PM
Well seeing Billy's definition of 'Rarities' doesn't give me a lot of hope for the rumored box.

But I still have hope!!! He's supposed to be digging through old stuff right?

Quiet
03-25-2005, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by Dead
Well seeing Billy's definition of 'Rarities' doesn't give me a lot of hope for the rumored box.

That's exactly what I meant. If Billy really considers the stuff from the singles "rarities", then what is he saving for a box set of real "rarities"? Again, I say it's going to be a lot of "Mashed Potatoes" stuff. Actually... I get the feeling this box set is never going to happen now.

Dead
03-25-2005, 03:50 PM
My point was that if the iTunes collection is rarities then he doesn't have very high standards and the box set could be full of stuff we've had for years.

wHATcOLOR
03-25-2005, 03:53 PM
more likely than not this stuff was put together by a record company

Axis of Action
03-25-2005, 03:55 PM
the only rumor we have to go on about the Box Set *******d song titles of stuff we've never of... so if that rumor is true I'm pretty into it

of course it could just be mashed potatoes

Dead
03-25-2005, 03:55 PM
Well it does kinda look that way, and if that's true the vinyl-only tracks may just be vinyl transfers done by Virgin. That'd be lame.

wpc33
03-25-2005, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by Dead
Well it does kinda look that way, and if that's true the vinyl-only tracks may just be vinyl transfers done by Virgin. That'd be lame.

OY VEY
Like Virgin records, who owns MASTERS would transfer a record:rolleyes: They and Billy have master tapes, and cd files. I'm sure they could release each freakin mix track if they wanted

Record companies have better copies than you or I. This kind of illogical assumption epitomises the cynical attitudes of some people here

List On Fork
03-25-2005, 05:27 PM
Dear disappointed SP fanatics,

This release is not intended for you. This is directed at casual / first-time SP fans. The upcoming box set is for you.

And as for the theory that the box set will just ******* Mashed Potatoes material... Why would Billy be researching to see what is in circulation, unless he is releasing new, unreleased material? He knows Mashed Potatoes is circulating.

Zorgon
03-25-2005, 06:07 PM
Everyone who is upset with Billy/Virgin for the choice of songs is being completely ridiculous.

rare
adj. rarˇer, rarˇest
Infrequently occurring; uncommon: a rare event; a plant that is rare in this region.

As opposed to

comˇmon
adj. comˇmonˇer, comˇmonˇest
Occurring frequently or habitually; usual.
Most widely known; ordinary: the common housefly.

Yeah guys, songs like Bullet Train To Osaka, Glynis and Purr Snickety are so fucking common. God, the nerve Billy has to call these "rare!"

For one thing, rare is completely subjective. What's rare to you or I is more than likely easily accessable to Billy (ie, full songs of Pastichio Medley). Likewise, what's rare to the punk living down the street are songs we listen to everyday (The songs being released on iTunes).

Secondly, you have to remember that the market that wants any of the songs that we consider rare is limited to us; the hardcore fans that waste their days on message boards. Surely Virgin wants to make a profit off of the Pumpkins, yes? Well, these are the best songs to do it with.

It's like Corganist said in the other topic. This whole thing is probably just a scheme to help remind the public of the Pumpkins to create a bigger buzz behind Billy's solo album and/or the boxset of real rarities.

Dead
03-25-2005, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by wpc33

OY VEY

http://www.thejewishweek.com/upload/gibson.gif

Axl Rose
03-25-2005, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by Zorgon
Everyone who is upset with Billy/Virgin for the choice of songs is being completely ridiculous.

rare
adj. rarˇer, rarˇest
Infrequently occurring; uncommon: a rare event; a plant that is rare in this region.

As opposed to

comˇmon
adj. comˇmonˇer, comˇmonˇest
Occurring frequently or habitually; usual.
Most widely known; ordinary: the common housefly.

Yeah guys, songs like Bullet Train To Osaka, Glynis and Purr Snickety are so fucking common. God, the nerve Billy has to call these "rare!"

For one thing, rare is completely subjective. What's rare to you or I is more than likely easily accessable to Billy (ie, full songs of Pastichio Medley). Likewise, what's rare to the punk living down the street are songs we listen to everyday (The songs being released on iTunes).

Secondly, you have to remember that the market that wants any of the songs that we consider rare is limited to us; the hardcore fans that waste their days on message boards. Surely Virgin wants to make a profit off of the Pumpkins, yes? Well, these are the best songs to do it with.

It's like Corganist said in the other topic. This whole thing is probably just a scheme to help remind the public of the Pumpkins to create a bigger buzz behind Billy's solo album and/or the boxset of real rarities.

true, true!

everybody, quit yo complaining and just enjoy it, know what I'm sayin?!

Quiet CD
03-26-2005, 01:13 AM
i'm greedy and wanted something that would be for me... but i already have everything im content with, this could be a real eye opener to the world of how much quality studio material the pumpkins created and consistently. maybe all of our dreams for more lucrative items will come answered when the record companies see a vein to be tapped.

i'll be happy though if it does well for the band because it just means more for us, and thats all what we really seem to want.

even though I wont buy one of the songs announced, however I will encourage everyone i know to spend a few bucks on the iTMS for pumpkins stuff, maybe make my own playist of pumpkins stuff and give out gift certificates to individuals i like and tell them to buy my personal playlist, or mix specifically for them.

Cool As Ice Cream
03-26-2005, 06:18 AM
Originally posted by List On Fork
This release is not intended for you. This is directed at casual / first-time SP fans.