View Full Version : So Jimmy tells me... (metro dvd related)


Injektilo
03-22-2005, 10:50 AM
I saw his band on saturday night at SXSW, and after the show i managed to get a picture and a couple of words with him...
I asked about the metro DVD and he said that he'd just talked to Billy about it, and they were looking at a Christmas release for it, one of the phrases he used was "finding a home for it". He had been talkign about it in the past tense, so he may have been refering to the fact that they had had trouble finding a home for it or maybe he meant they still hadn't and were still searching. I got the impression it was ready to come out for Christmas though.

He also mentioned they were wanting to put out another pumpkins release along with it, he said another greatest hits, but i have to wonder about that seeing as they already have one.


so there you have it. Any of you who see his band again make sure you ask him, let him know that the fans are really excited about hopefully getting to see it sometime soon. I told him we were all dying for some news on this....

severin
03-22-2005, 11:02 AM
the plot thickens

Cool As Ice Cream
03-22-2005, 11:05 AM
we're gonna get spoiled :) :) :)

Liquid-J
03-22-2005, 11:33 AM
iiiiiiiiiinteresting...

Injektilo
03-22-2005, 11:49 AM
I just read the other huge thread, so now i see what you guys mean....


This isn't meant to get anyones hopes up, seeing as Christmas is a long time away and plans can change quite easily. It may also just be the plan for now and things will be altered later on.

But yeah, it does seem like good news so far....

ZombieJesus
03-22-2005, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by Injektilo
He also mentioned they were wanting to put out another pumpkins release along with it, he said another greatest hits, but i have to wonder about that seeing as they already have one.



Now that's what I call Pumpkins!! Vol.2?

teh b0lly!!1
03-22-2005, 02:25 PM
i love how every once in a while this sort of thread comes up and every time you useless fucks are buying it and get your hopes up.

Spaldz
03-22-2005, 02:52 PM
I want to believe it all...so I will :cool:

Shawn Osmond
03-22-2005, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by teh b0lly!!1
i love how every once in a while this sort of thread comes up and every time you useless fucks are buying it and get your hopes up.

Fuck you. This is the first time that Jimmy or Billy has ever mentioned anything about the Metro DVD coming out with any kind of definitive timeline. Billy is difficult to believe at times but Jimmy has never said anything that later turned out to be untrue. There's enough stuff in the vault for another full release i'm sure.

Cool As Ice Cream
03-22-2005, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by Shawn Osmond
Billy is difficult to believe at times but Jimmy has never said anything. Fixed.

Fathoms
03-22-2005, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by teh b0lly!!1
i love how every once in a while this sort of thread comes up and every time you useless fucks are buying it and get your hopes up.

Like that one time someone posted they had talked to Jimmy, and that Jimmy said he and Billy we're startin this new band called Zwan. Like they would have ever worked together so soon after the break up. And ZWAN???? what kind of stupid name is that?

teh b0lly!!1
03-22-2005, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by Fathoms


Like that one time someone posted they had talked to Jimmy, and that Jimmy said he and Billy we're startin this new band called Zwan. Like they would have ever worked together so soon after the break up. And ZWAN???? what kind of stupid name is that?

it would actually be better if there was no zwan, so my statement still stands. :p

DamingR
03-22-2005, 05:13 PM
I agree: Jimmy has never (in recent memory) told anything to fans that didn't later become true. I would say that it's 95% certain that the Metro DVD will be out this Christmas.

As far as a second Pumkpins release, I could easily see another disc with the hits left off the last GH, and possibly a second disc w/ rarities.

Luke de Spa
03-22-2005, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by DamingR
As far as a second Pumkpins release, I could easily see another disc with the hits left off the last GH, and possibly a second disc w/ rarities.
Uh, what other hits?

Zorgon
03-22-2005, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by Lucky Day Spa

Uh, what other hits?

2 track cd. teitbite and tryx3

Luke de Spa
03-22-2005, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by Zorgon


2 track cd. teitbite and tryx3
"Try, Try, Try" is on "Rotten Apples".

So that's one track of goodness. Maybe Warners will let BC release a double A-side split w/ the Pumpkins' "TEITBITE" on one side and BC's first single "Secret Thoughts and Inner Contemplations of a Would-Be Man of Letters, or, The Rejection of Faust and Idolatry (An Ode to My Cats, Thumblebumpkin and Thistleflax)".