View Full Version : The Future Embrace?


ckeegan
03-19-2005, 07:39 PM
What a horrible album title...and only 12 songs? What happened to the two albums worth of material?

RockLobster
03-19-2005, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by ckeegan
What a horrible album title...and only 12 songs? What happened to the two albums worth of material?

all your info is wrong

Dead
03-20-2005, 01:47 AM
Originally posted by ckeegan
What a horrible album title...and only 12 songs? What happened to the two albums worth of material?
Word up Billy. :cool:

vitaldust
03-21-2005, 12:32 PM
The Future Embrace is a tragic testamanet to Billy's horseshit ability to communicate to his fans. We, as severe pumpkins freaks, are the most obsessive out of any other musical 'cliqe' and look where it takes us. We have strange little people typing up their strange little world and I think its sad.

Radiofred
03-21-2005, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by vitaldust
The Future Embrace is a tragic testamanet to Billy's horseshit ability to communicate to his fans. We, as severe pumpkins freaks, are the most obsessive out of any other musical 'cliqe' and look where it takes us. We have strange little people typing up their strange little world and I think its sad. Corgans record is certainly not what this fat little mental patient deems it to be and quite frankly I find it sad.

Is that you Mr Corgan?

Axl Rose
03-22-2005, 12:26 AM
yes

severin
03-22-2005, 07:51 AM
release date is june 20th...first single most likely to be "mina loy (m.o.h.)"...at least according to visions.de

Starla
03-22-2005, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by vitaldust
The Future Embrace is a tragic testamanet to Billy's horseshit ability to communicate to his fans. We, as severe pumpkins freaks, are the most obsessive out of any other musical 'cliqe' and look where it takes us. We have strange little people typing up their strange little world and I think its sad.

OMG BILLY I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

downerbuzz
03-22-2005, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by severin
release date is june 20th...first single most likely to be "mina loy (m.o.h.)"...at least according to visions.de

hope he's not trying to think he can relate with mina loy.... fag

Spaldz
03-22-2005, 04:03 PM
Well I like the title

Fathoms
03-23-2005, 11:52 AM
as one word the title is just silly. But as a phrase I think it is a couple notches above mediocre, so I can accept it. Desolation anyone?

chris_bakewell
03-23-2005, 11:53 AM
I can't wait.

Dead
03-23-2005, 11:58 AM
Disco Desolation is far better than The Future Embrace.

Cool As Ice Cream
03-23-2005, 12:33 PM
So is Bullet With Glued On Wings.

azvd
03-23-2005, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by CoolAsIceCream
Glued On Wings.

LOL.

This guy was a mod times ago.

Woody
03-23-2005, 01:37 PM
Blinking With Fists would've been a better title.

pineapple*soul
03-23-2005, 01:41 PM
my god you guys are negative

what's so bad about the title?
for all you know it could be an inspired title that fits the album perfectly once you hear it...

be happy, billy's releasing something.... soon!

i for one cant wait!

Quiet.Riot
03-23-2005, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by Spaldz
Well I like the title



BILLY OMG OMG OMG OMG
I LUV U
POST MORE
PLEASE CALL ME
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE I LUV U OMG OMG OMG
BILLY
XOXOXXOXOXO
COME BACK OMG I LUV U SO MUCH

Sapphire
03-23-2005, 02:51 PM
The Future Embrace? What the fuck? Oh, c'mon Billy! This shit ain't funny anymore! :mad:

seign
03-23-2005, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by Spaldz
Well I like the title

Same here. M:TMOG was the worse title ever IMHO. Adore was certainly the best. This title is right up there with Adore I think. But really you can't judge a title until after you've heard the album I guess. Adore would be a pretty stupid title for like a heavy metal album or punk rock or whatever.

The Omega Concern
03-23-2005, 06:03 PM
relax folks...

he could of called the album THEOMEGACONCERN...bet y'all would love that.

Rockin' Cherub
03-23-2005, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by Sapphire
The Future Embrace? What the fuck? Oh, c'mon Billy! This shit ain't funny anymore! :mad:

SpFission
03-23-2005, 06:10 PM
The Future Embrace? What the fuck? Oh, c'mon Billy! This shit ain't funny anymore!

Chill out, there are more important things to worry about, like the actual music...

Corganist
03-23-2005, 06:11 PM
C'mon. Its tons better than "Mary Star of the Sea". THAT'S a bad title.

(Good album and song though).

wHATcOLOR
03-23-2005, 06:14 PM
i don't mind the title at all. in fact, i kinda dig it

chris_bakewell
03-24-2005, 05:54 AM
The album title is ok i guess, i just want it to come out!!!

Woody
03-24-2005, 06:18 AM
For the record,

THEOMEGACONCERN > TheFutureEmbrace

union jack
03-24-2005, 06:27 AM
what about the some of the titles of the songs?

"...record will have 12 songs the title is TheFutureEmbrace songs have funny titles, like junebugs whisper and sammy so-far..."

this is the reason i won't believe anything until it is posted on billycorgan.com

the
03-24-2005, 07:50 AM
:/

the
03-24-2005, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by severin
release date is june 20th...first single most likely to be "mina loy (m.o.h.)"...at least according to visions.de

isn't it mirna loy

the
03-24-2005, 07:52 AM
ehh

seign
03-25-2005, 09:16 PM
Here is no Why: worst title ever, but one of my favorite songs.

vitaldust
03-25-2005, 10:01 PM
It'll all be fine.

The record is going to fucking rock, no two ways about it. The Corgan knows what hes doing.

DieDiemydarling
03-25-2005, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by Sapphire
The Future Embrace? What the fuck? Oh, c'mon Billy! This shit ain't funny anymore! :mad:

vitaldust
03-25-2005, 11:49 PM
The Future Embrace....sounds promising to me. You know, like the future embrace of his past. All you nihilists!

Dead
03-26-2005, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by vitaldust
The Corgan knows what hes doing.
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00009N1U9.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

DieDiemydarling
03-26-2005, 12:15 AM
I liked that song.

vitaldust
03-26-2005, 12:23 AM
CORGAN not ZWAN

Dead
03-26-2005, 12:29 AM
What's the difference? You saying Billy had nothing to do with Zwan? I'm specifically referring to the shitty Lyric single in my above post, btw.

ZombieJesus
03-26-2005, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by Dead
What's the difference? You saying Billy had nothing to do with Zwan? I'm specifically referring to the shitty Lyric single in my above post, btw.

Come 'on dead everyone knows teh b0lly was not behind the lyric single's crapulance. It was all Paz's fault :rolleyes: ;)

vitaldust
03-26-2005, 12:40 AM
I'm referring to the fact that Zwan was a band, not all Billy, and that his solo project is exactly that...all Billy. Don't judge him on his SOLO project already based off of one shitty single from a shitty BAND. (at times)

Dead
03-26-2005, 12:40 AM
Worst b-side selection ever. You can hear a guy's cell phone go off in one song! Sure glad I didn't buy it.

Dead
03-26-2005, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by vitaldust
Don't judge him on his SOLO project already based off of one shitty single from a shitty BAND. (at times)
How about you don't judge him on his SOLO project already based off of one good BAND?

vitaldust
03-26-2005, 12:49 AM
look for the good in things dude

ZombieJesus
03-26-2005, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by vitaldust
look for the good in things dude

Thank you little nicky

DieDiemydarling
03-26-2005, 01:50 AM
Originally posted by ZombieJesus
Cool name.

ZWANPHONY
03-26-2005, 03:01 AM
Originally posted by DieDiemydarling
Cool name.

it'd be really gay if he changed it to sweetzombiejesus...who's this kid i knew from the pumpkins hub that watched futurama and ate bananas. :p

ZombieJesus
03-26-2005, 06:13 AM
Originally posted by ZWANPHONY


it'd be really gay if he changed it to sweetzombiejesus...who's this kid i knew from the pumpkins hub that watched futurama and ate bananas. :p

Yeah, I hated that guy though I don't think he ate bananas.

Quiet CD
03-26-2005, 01:13 PM
i think the title is pretty rad

theres
03-26-2005, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by ZombieJesus


Yeah, I hated that guy though I don't think he ate bananas.

i miss that guy even though he didn't tape bowie.


the future embrace?
eh it's not too creative.

tomthum81
03-26-2005, 01:53 PM
eh it's not too creative.
you cant really say that until you hear the album can you?

whats so creative about "debut", "gish", "adore", "the wall", or "the bends"??

music makes an album... besides, the title doesnt effect me either way right now. it could be a really good fit.

Dead
03-26-2005, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by ZWANPHONY

it'd be really gay if he changed it to sweetzombiejesus...who's this kid i knew from the pumpkins hub that watched futurama and ate bananas. :p
SZJ was cool, and you were the kid.

theres
03-26-2005, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by tomthum81

you cant really say that until you hear the album can you?

whats so creative about "debut", "gish", "adore", "the wall", or "the bends"??

music makes an album... besides, the title doesnt effect me either way right now. it could be a really good fit.

you know what? i take that back... you're absolutely right! it's a part of the entire album.
damn it. it's this place, i swear!!

ZombieJesus
03-26-2005, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by theres


i miss that guy even though he didn't tape bowie.


Yeah what a jackass that dude was. Forgot his backup tapes in his car. What a goon! :mad:

I know I can guarantee one thing about the Future Embrace. Greg Kot and Derogatis will be fellating each other about how great it is even if it is 3 straight hours of white noise.

ZombieJesus
03-26-2005, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by Dead

SZJ was cool, and you were the kid.

Dead, I disagree SZJ was/is a geek/jerkwad. :D

Zwanphony is still a kid can he even buy beer legally yet?

Dead
03-26-2005, 06:28 PM
I don't know, crazy US laws. You can do double anal on DVD when you're 18 but you can't buy beer for another 3 years. :crazy:

DieDiemydarling
03-26-2005, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by Dead
You can do double anal on DVD when you're 18You should know.

Dead
03-26-2005, 06:45 PM
I do know.

DieDiemydarling
03-26-2005, 06:47 PM
http://www.gravett.org/yobbo/wp-content/nurse.jpg

http://www.geocities.com/night_lyfe/1018480452298.jpg

Dead
03-26-2005, 08:12 PM
Arousing.

ZWANPHONY
03-26-2005, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by Dead
I don't know, crazy US laws. You can do double anal on DVD when you're 18 but you can't buy beer for another 3 years. :crazy:

I can?!?!

yep, i just celebrated my birthday today, even though it's this tuesday...got the pixies dvd too! i hope it's great. btw all stalkers, i'm 22 and hottt with three t's, count 'em!

this zombiejesus kid is pretty cool, i like him.

and yes, the future embrace doesn't sound too dope for a title, i like all of the titles. they go along with the artwork and the feel of the music. gish, though i don't know what it is, i'm sure it has a psychadelic feel to it, just like the album cover. siamese dream has a cover of the siamese twins, and in a few of the scrapped album covers, they are all in your face with their tongues and rocket pops and innocent at the same time just like the music. pisces iscariot is an obscure name, just like most of the songs on the album and the obscurity of the art/cover. mellon collie and the infinite sadness definitely fits the sound of the album, sad music thought it's not all about being sad, it's about letting it out with rage here and there as well. the artwork works as well, though i don't get the animals. adore, the pictures are lovely, the music is lovely. machina works for the artwork and story, the songs fit the story and some of the art. blue skies bring tears.

the future embrace will most likely fit as well, the album will most likely be something that we're not used to seeing on pumpkins albums, definitely won't have billy's picture on it. the music will be warm and welcoming with a bit of futuristic sound to it. look for tons of effects, which is why billy will have a hard time touring for this album. running a lot of pedals on different settings can be a bitch...of course as i've said in another thread, we don't know jack, yet.

my longest post. and no errors theresa! well, other than capitalization.
:D

theres
03-27-2005, 09:55 AM
heh heh
well, lack of caps doesn't bother me; i do it :p

if i forget to tell you, happy birthday!!

ZombieJesus
03-27-2005, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by ZWANPHONY





this zombiejesus kid is pretty cool, i like him.



You're only saying that because I don't like that Sweet Zombie Jesus guy. "Man does he suck!" ;)

ZackZ
03-27-2005, 08:39 PM
The Future Embrace better be a sick joke. That is the worst title anyone could come up with. It's one of those titles that John Tesh would spend hours coming up with, and then use Powerpoint clip art to do the cover.

Nate the Grate
03-27-2005, 08:47 PM
hey I have that Lyric single. worst waste of 10 bucks ever. I think I listened to the b-sides once and threw it in my closet in disgust.

wHATcOLOR
03-27-2005, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by ZombieJesus
I know I can guarantee one thing about the Future Embrace. Greg Kot and Derogatis will be fellating each other about how great it is even if it is 3 straight hours of white noise.


:rofl: so true

ZWANPHONY
03-27-2005, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by ZombieJesus


You're only saying that because I don't like that Sweet Zombie Jesus guy. "Man does he suck!" ;)

ZJ, you're my boy now man! but yeah, you're cool because of that and your user id. ;)

Dead
03-27-2005, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by Nate the Grate
hey I have that Lyric single. worst waste of 10 bucks ever. I think I listened to the b-sides once and threw it in my closet in disgust.
After I found out what the b-sides were and listened to mp3s of them I decided to not order that shit, even Honestly wasn't worth it. Stupid imports. I might have bought it for 2.99 at the store, but oh no they have to go release it in Australia only.

ZWANPHONY
03-28-2005, 02:23 AM
dude, the honestly single is awesome. Freedom is the main reason to buy it, but the Number of the Beast has a great sound to it and the little lead melodies fit the song perfect.

buy it :D

ZombieJesus
03-28-2005, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by ZWANPHONY
dude, the honestly single is awesome. Freedom is the main reason to buy it, but the Number of the Beast has a great sound to it and the little lead melodies fit the song perfect.

buy it :D

But Mark of the beast is being sung by teh sweeney. ;)

Affectation
03-31-2005, 02:49 AM
Originally posted by vitaldust
CORGAN not ZWAN Corgan was Pumpkins. Corgan was Zwan. Corgan is Corgan.

I really think this one is only going to half rock. If that.

The New
03-31-2005, 10:31 AM
I had to post this somewhere
The cover is gonna be like...dark blue and grey...i saw it in a dream i had

Orion922
04-06-2005, 12:28 PM
Can't anyone just be happy that the album is finally coming out? No one has even heard any of it yet and already there's all this shit about it and not liking the title. Who really cares? I like the title, the title isn't the most important thing in the world. Everyone is so damn cynical, it's sickening. Anyway, I'm looking forward to getting it when it comes out. Fuckers.

Cool As Ice Cream
04-06-2005, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by Orion922
Can't anyone just be happy that the album is finally coming out? No one has even heard any of it yet and already there's all this shit about it and not liking the title. Who really cares? I like the title, the title isn't the most important thing in the world. Everyone is so damn cynical, it's sickening. Anyway, I'm looking forward to getting it when it comes out. Fuckers. Here's a good board for you: www.billy-corgan.com/vb

Porcelina5
04-20-2005, 07:33 PM
Does anyone know where i can find the lyrics to the future embrace song??

Thanks.

XOXO

BoredomOutshine
04-22-2005, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by Screamin' Wild
I had to post this somewhere
The cover is gonna be like...dark blue and grey...i saw it in a dream i had

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v81/PimpinCheeseBunny/tfe.jpg

......or not.

wHATcOLOR
04-27-2005, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by ZombieJesus
I know I can guarantee one thing about the Future Embrace. Greg Kot and Derogatis will be fellating each other about how great it is even if it is 3 straight hours of white noise.


bump for this prophetic post. so we've heard from kot, i bet he's salivating to hear from Derogatis so they can just get to it

Corgan Rules
04-27-2005, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by pineapple*soul
my god you guys are negative

what's so bad about the title?
for all you know it could be an inspired title that fits the album perfectly once you hear it...

be happy, billy's releasing something.... soon!

i for one cant wait!

Word!