View Full Version : Okay, so here's what's up.

ChoobieWoobie
03-14-2005, 10:45 PM
Okay, well a source of mine that is close to Billy says that BC is going through the archives and will be unleashing a compilation upon us that will possibly be 5 discs in length. Think of this as Mashed Potatoes for the public. BC is trying to be meticulious about finding out what is actually out circulating in our community. Some of the mentioned material in consideration were Crawl, I Fall, Hopeless, Promise, Chains, ....that's all the names i can recall.

I'm really excited that we'll soon have 5 discs worth of mostly new SP material available to us. Just imagine the possibilities.........

RockLobster
03-14-2005, 10:51 PM
metro dvd?

ChoobieWoobie
03-14-2005, 11:04 PM
I think that the compilation release is going to be planned right along the release of billy's solo album, to hype up his name again. That's just a hunch of mine.

ChoobieWoobie
03-14-2005, 11:04 PM
I think that the compilation release is going to be planned right along the release of billy's solo album, to hype up his name again. That's just a hunch of mine.

Azael
03-14-2005, 11:06 PM
This would be awesome.

ZWANPHONY
03-14-2005, 11:08 PM
5 dvd discs is an ass of material...

i think he meant cds...

so all you kids thinking maybe he's gonna top mcis and put out a 3disc album, wow, you were so wrong...it's 5!!

thanks Choobie!

wow, i hope this gets released as well as the new solo solo album. yep, i meant to say solo 2x. :D

Liquid-J
03-14-2005, 11:23 PM
oh jesus. i hate to be a complainer here, but i sure hope this is not the case, for the following reasons:

1. it will take forever to put that together. we've read how there are hundreds of hours of archives, etc. plus he will likely remaster them or whatever, and that'll take a long time. plus artwork, since its reasonable to assume with that many discs he'll make it something interesting looking. and even before all that, he's gonna take forever to decide what songs.

we won't hear a single note until 2007. don't you faggots get boners when you hear 2007 for some reason anyways?

2. this is just my opinion, but if i were an artist, trying to make a break from the past, and i had created something i was real proud of and wanted to let it stand on its own, i would do the exact opposite of the scenario you describe above. that is, i'd release the solo album with no distractions, if i thought it were good enough and i was proud of it.

to have a fucking blitzkreig of music from the past, at the same time as the solo album, while considering the fact that there have been numerous statements from bill about wanting to break from the past, does not instill a high degree of confidence in the quality of the new music to me.

ugh

Liquid-J
03-14-2005, 11:25 PM
hey guys, pay attention to the great and powerful oz! it is 5 cds of stuff i did years ago! pay attention!!

pay no attention to that little man behind the curtain! it is just my solo album that you've been waiting forever to hear. i repeat, pay no attention!

i am the great and powerful oz! look at these five cds full of music!

Liquid-J
03-14-2005, 11:26 PM
well, now i guess i understand why netphorians are labeled as impossible to please, unappreciateive, whiny bitches who do nothing but rain on parades, take things for granted, and bitch incessantly no matter what. i will be our poster-boy for 2005, how's that. :mad:

tomthum81
03-14-2005, 11:27 PM
to have a fucking blitzkreig of music from the past, at the same time as the solo album, while considering the fact that there have been numerous statements from bill about wanting to break from the past, does not instill a high degree of confidence in the quality of the new music to me.
i think you're reading WAY too much into this...
i dont think billy really gives a fuck about any of that and just wants to release music. who cares what the public thinks anyway... he's never been one to follow trends anyway.

Liquid-J
03-14-2005, 11:35 PM
i thought his name was bill :confused:

i think i must have missed the boat somewhere along the way...

oh, but to your point.. its the timing that is strange to me. why nothing for years, and then suddently everything at once? is it some contract stuff?

thuway
03-14-2005, 11:56 PM
These are some really sketchy claims, whats your source?

Cherub Angel
03-14-2005, 11:59 PM
I'm happy just as long as this stuff gets out.

5 discs worth of stuff? no complaints from me.

thuway
03-15-2005, 12:01 AM
Here's a reason that won't happen. He isn't going to have the rights to the SP stuff til 2006.

So how is he gonna release SP material if he doesn't have the copyrights?

ZWANPHONY
03-15-2005, 02:27 AM
i'm sure he's done some stuff on his own while in SP...especially while writing most of what is on adore.

hence, not making it sp copyright...

but yeah, i don't think this will happen, it'd be great though!

DieDiemydarling
03-15-2005, 03:01 AM
Boners for 2007?

I hope he does do all that. =)

Spaceboy88
03-15-2005, 08:22 AM
How about we get the albums re-released in 5.1 for now. That will make me happy for a while. (If you haven't heard how amazing NIN's "The Downward Spiral" sounds in DVD-Audio you're missing out.)

shindo
03-15-2005, 10:08 AM
who fucking cares about 5.1, give us more shit

C33
03-15-2005, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by Liquid-J
he will likely remaster them or whatever
loud at any volume!

RockLobster
03-15-2005, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by C33

loud at any volume! :rolleyes:

union jack
03-15-2005, 12:16 PM
I Fall

it's is already available "out here"...

Future Boy
03-15-2005, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by ChoobieWoobie

Does your source at all resemble a giant invisible rabbit?

Cool As Ice Cream
03-15-2005, 02:04 PM
oh jesus. i hate to be a complainer herethen don't.

1. if this is true, this is great news. 5 cd's can contain a lot of stuff. only imagining what could all be on there can fill a couple of days with happiness for me. and we've waited for years, i can wait for some more.

2. the "release the box together with the solo album" thingy was just a guess of choobie. it's probably not true. no need to complain about this as if it were true.

Cherub Angel
03-15-2005, 02:10 PM
I don't think the "release the box" w/solo album thing would be true. Things like this take time, I think Billy would have mentioned this in one of his posts a while ago if this was in the immediate future.

plus, the person who saw him a couple of weeks ago said his solo album was coming out in a couple of months. You would need to to promote the SP box if it was coming out so soon.

Cool As Ice Cream
03-15-2005, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by thuway
Here's a reason that won't happen. He isn't going to have the rights to the SP stuff til 2006.

So how is he gonna release SP material if he doesn't have the copyrights? where did this "rights" rumour come from anyway?

what does it mean? doesn't he have the rights to his own music? and if not, will he wait till some obscure year (some say 2007, har, har) until he gets the rights and then go back to virgin with the songs he just got back and ask them to release it? i mean, isn't he going to release it via a music label anyway?

chris_bakewell
03-15-2005, 02:38 PM
I really hope that all that stuff will be released, that would be so brilliant!!!

Corganist
03-15-2005, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by thuway

So how is he gonna release SP material if he doesn't have the copyrights?
The impression I have is that he gets the rights to SP in the next year or two if he wants to be patient and wait for it. That doesn't mean that he couldn't go to Virgin now and make them an offer to go ahead and let him have them before that. If they are just planning to sit on the SP material for two years and do nothing with it, they probably wouldn't mind getting a little money out of the deal.

mistle
03-15-2005, 04:06 PM
if a compilation like is released, i'm hoping for studio godzilla and the joker:D

that would be so great. i'm sure they must've been recorded

actually i hope someone 1337 will tell me right now that these are already out and point me to somewhere to download

mistle
03-15-2005, 04:09 PM
about the rights to sp, i think billy said the in the journal the reason the metro dvd isn't out is because virgin has the rights until 2006 and they don't want to do it
so that could apply to this too

and i don't think billy would be happy with releasing anything through virgin now

Cool As Ice Cream
03-15-2005, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by mistle
about the rights to sp, i think billy said the in the journal the reason the metro dvd isn't out is because virgin has the rights until 2006 and they don't want to do itno, he never said that.

Jonny5
03-15-2005, 04:16 PM
crucial

ChoobieWoobie
03-15-2005, 05:21 PM
My source is someone very close to billy. I am not going to name names, but if I said the name at least 3/4 of you would know who i'm talking about. He told me to not say anything about this because it's kind of in the works, so to say. But since the community is lacking in any real news, I thought i'd bring this to the attention of everyone. Just remember:

1) He never told me a release date or anything like that.
2) He didn't get into much detail besides this being a huge compilation and how billy was digging through a lot of old stuff.
3) i didn't recognize half of the names that he named off, so i'm sure there's going to be a lot of new material.

Don't keep your fingers crossed for a release date anytime too soon, but just keep in mind that this is all previously recorded material, so all that would need to be done is some mastering. From what I understand the pumpkins favored ADAT over anything else to send a mix to, so that's 8 tracks per tape....so that could take a while, depending on how crappy it sounds. Hey, even sometimes it's better to hear a crappy recording because it makes you appreciate the moment more.

-choob

Karl Connor
03-15-2005, 05:24 PM
is your source john melovin? i'm betting it is

ChoobieWoobie
03-15-2005, 05:27 PM
hah you made a funneh

TumoraXsault
03-15-2005, 05:33 PM
I think I know who youre talking about...you mentioned his name to me before.....However, i strongly think that this a load of bs....not to ague with you or undermine his "power", but 5 cds? Wouldn't you think he would want to put out his Metro cd first? What record label would he putting this stuff on? Deffinately not Virgin, they gave him too much of a problem putting out stuff that the fans actually WANT and, have on numerouse occasions, pentitioned for. Also, how would this effect his SINGLE? I could see album, but not single....this doesnt help why his single isnt released yet...

Sorry man, i say that this is just a rumor

:rolleyes:

ChoobieWoobie
03-15-2005, 06:04 PM
I'm sorry, my source does not produce rumors.

jczeroman
03-15-2005, 07:07 PM
Much appreciated. Good to see there is still some hint of a pumpkins community around that's not all nonesense. Even thinking about things like this, despite the implications, makes me remember the days when things felt new and exciting. It's like when the ducks had Joey Harrington -- you knew they were going to win. I get the same feeling from this thread and for my share of saying things about Billy, I have to say that I am happy that he is who he is -- that I chose to lend so much of myself to a person who at least cares -- even if the result isn't always what <i>I</i> want it to be.

Luke de Spa
03-15-2005, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by jczeroman
I chose to lend so much of myself to a person who at least cares -- even if the result isn't always what <i>I</i> want it to be.
As an advocate of the Non-Messiah Theory of Billy Corgan, I have to ask: what do you mean by "lend" yourself?

Luke de Spa
03-15-2005, 07:37 PM
Edit: WTF, double post? Gay.

jczeroman
03-15-2005, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by Lucky Day Spa

As an advocate of the Non-Messiah Theory of Billy Corgan, I have to ask: what do you mean by "lend" yourself?

Well, a good portion of my middle school/highschool existence was spent listening to his music. It's just opportunity cost -- not me sending him bitten off fingernails every week.

Mariner
03-15-2005, 08:23 PM

It's just opportunity cost -- not me sending him bitten off fingernails every week.

Yeah, that's just an added bonus for Bill.

douglas78
03-15-2005, 08:34 PM
yep!

vanilla
03-15-2005, 10:37 PM
awesome! thanks.

Spaceboy88
03-15-2005, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by shindo
who fucking cares about 5.1, give us more shit

If you've heard an album in 5.1, it makes listening to CD like listening to cassette. I'm getting an erection just thinking about how fucking sick "Thru the Eyes of Ruby" would sound in 5.1.

ckitten
03-15-2005, 11:15 PM
My source is someone very close to billy. I am not going to name names, but if I said the name at least 3/4 of you would know who i'm talking about. He told me to not say anything about this because it's kind of in the works, so to say. But since the community is lacking in any real news, I thought i'd bring this to the attention of everyone. Just remember:

1) He never told me a release date or anything like that.
2) He didn't get into much detail besides this being a huge compilation and how billy was digging through a lot of old stuff.
3) i didn't recognize half of the names that he named off, so i'm sure there's going to be a lot of new material.

Don't keep your fingers crossed for a release date anytime too soon, but just keep in mind that this is all previously recorded material, so all that would need to be done is some mastering. From what I understand the pumpkins favored ADAT over anything else to send a mix to, so that's 8 tracks per tape....so that could take a while, depending on how crappy it sounds. Hey, even sometimes it's better to hear a crappy recording because it makes you appreciate the moment more.

-choob

Who wants to wager a guess as to the source of the info? I'm guessing Joe S.

-ckitten

mistle
03-16-2005, 03:10 AM
Originally posted by CoolAsIceCream
no, he never said that.

oh? i was sure he did..*shrug*

edit: oh, man.. i just read through the old posts on the journal to find out what made me think so. i didn't, but jesus christ there's akward stuff in there.. i hope he never starts posting here. we would just have to be mean to him.. heh

Axis of Action
03-16-2005, 03:13 AM
Shanahan, Quinto, and Asselin are probably the three best guesses, although I don't know how much D4 and BC have been in contact of late.

Anyhow, the way it's probably working is BC is picking the material now so they can start to remaster it - five discs of 8-track+ material will take a long fucking time to do. Probably won't be ready til mid-2006 anyhow, at which point the contract will be up and BC can release. I doubt he's going for a simultaneous release because the solo is supposed to come out this year (fingers crossed, goddammit).

All that said: lord willin'.

DieDiemydarling
03-16-2005, 04:38 AM
Billy, you're the best!!

chris_bakewell
03-16-2005, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by DieDiemydarling
Billy, you're the best!!

And James Iha
And the pumpkins in general, i miss them so much:(

Starla
03-16-2005, 11:09 AM

I'm really excited that we'll soon have 5 discs worth of mostly new SP material available to us. Just imagine the possibilities.........

Oh fuck man. You've GOT to be shitting us. If not, this isn't something I'm happy about. Apparently Billy can't release his own material without the crutch of the pumpkin's basement material? Ah bullshit!

This means no music for a long ass time.

:sigh:

Starla
03-16-2005, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by tomthum81

i think you're reading WAY too much into this...
i dont think billy really gives a fuck about any of that and just wants to release music. who cares what the public thinks anyway... he's never been one to follow trends anyway.

he's just one to string people along since the entire machina mystery bullshit....gatmog.....adore movie....metro dvd...come on people, what else?
I believe we were *supposed* to see a release this month from BC. Apparently something has gone awry, and frankly this need to launch his material with pumpkins material speaks volumes.

Corganist
03-16-2005, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by To Starla

I believe we were *supposed* to see a release this month from BC. Apparently something has gone awry, and frankly this need to launch his material with pumpkins material speaks volumes.
No one's said anything about this supposed SP release being released with the solo album or anywhere near it. Anyone who is saying that is merely making a guess, with no real basis that I can see (except for maybe a lack of confidence that the solo album is gonna be any good).

As of right now, there is no "need" to release SP material. And I very highly doubt that any SP material that does get released will be concurrent with the solo album. Just because Billy missed the release date that he was claiming doesn't mean the solo album has gone 'awry' and needs to be propped up with SP publicity. He's just never been a good judge on how long it takes to get his records out to people. Theres no crisis here. The record will come out soon enough. It may not be til June or July, but I would think its a safe bet that it will definitely be long before we see any kind of SP release.

Really now, at least give the guy a chance to fail on his own merits before saying that he needs to fall onto the crutch of the SP name. To make those sort of claims this early speaks volumes about how (un)optimistic you are about Billy's solo stuff, but it doesn't say anything about Billy's motivations whatsoever.

Endless Whining
03-16-2005, 01:53 PM
i'd say the guy is right
i found a JC interview on the dutch music site KindaMuzik
at the very end JC announces the Metro DVD at the end of this year and some other Pumpkins releases; the interview states: "a number of SP releases"
so it could in fact be right...
keep your fingers crossed
oh, and as far as rights are concerned... material recorded before the Virgin deal, or under contract conditions which might have changed after the band got huge, some songs might still be owned by and thus non-Virgin released by Corgan...

Reyngel
03-16-2005, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by Endless Whining

i found a JC interview on the dutch music site KindaMuzik
at the very end JC announces the Metro DVD at the end of this year and some other Pumpkins releases; the interview states: "a number of SP releases"

Wow... interesting. Usually if Jimmy says so, it's true. So now Jimmy, plus a source close to Billy? Cool.

ChoobieWoobie, tell your friend/source to relay to Billy that it would be cool to have the Adore re-takes with Jimmy released. Or even a good-quality recording of the Roxy show from 99, being that it was the final show with all four original Pumpkins(man that was a good show). Things like that would be awesome to have. I mean, if Billy's considering 5 discs worth of stuff, he might as well throw those out, too.

Dead
03-16-2005, 02:03 PM
Just imagine the possibilities.........
Buddy, if this is true I will be so happy. I would rather have this than Metro DVD any day. And the fact that he's checking what's already out there is really awesome. I felt that with Judas most of the 'unreleased' stuff was out and I was annoyed.

I hope it's going to happen.

Dead
03-16-2005, 02:05 PM

don't you faggots get boners when you hear 2007 for some reason anyways?

Yes.

Dead
03-16-2005, 02:14 PM
I'm pretty sure the 2006 thing is just that Jimmy told someone during his drum workshop things that they would get the rights to the Metro DVD in 2006 and put it out themselves. I don't think that means that ALL of the SP material is Virgin's until 2006. Also, I don't think ALL of the SP material is owned by Virgin. Demos and things probably aren't. Just a thought, I could be wrong tho.

Dead
03-16-2005, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by Reyngel

it would be cool to have the Adore re-takes with Jimmy released.
No.
Or even a good-quality recording of the Roxy show from 99
No. Those Double Door shows from 95 would be way better.

Dead
03-16-2005, 02:19 PM
Oh yeah Choobie who is your source? I want to know how credible so I don't get my hopes up. Ah well... pretty exciting news!!

Corganist
03-16-2005, 02:30 PM

it would be cool to have the Adore re-takes with Jimmy released.
It would be cool if such a thing even existed. Hasn't this rumor been shot down yet? I'm almost sure that someone has asked Jimmy about this, and he's said that the only thing close to him drumming for Adore are rehearsal tapes from when he was learning the Adore songs to play live. Maybe I'm wrong on that. I don't know.

List On Fork
03-16-2005, 03:24 PM
When I first read Choobie's post, my first impression was that this would be an "unofficial" release -- That is, as opposed to a public, commercial, record label & chain stores type of release, this would be an official non-commercial release, like Machina II. Maybe that's just because I'm comparing it to Mashed Potatoes, but then again, if this was really being commercially released, don't you think Billy would be shooting himself in the foot by excluding stuff circulating in the community already? After all, only a fraction of SP fans are in the "community" and have stuff like the Reel Time Sessions and Machina Demos and whatnot. This is great stuff that belongs on a collection of (officially) unreleased material.

So Choobie, is this getting an official release, or is this a "for fans only" Mashed Potatoes type of thing?

Endless Whining
03-16-2005, 04:21 PM
i emailed the guy who did the JC interview.
he said JC explicitly said he and BC we looking into and preparing the release of a boxset of unreleased material for this Xmas and the last show DVD.
he also added that JC told him the Metro DVD was planned for 2004, but because of Zwan and soloprojects things got difficult to manage and all and they postponed this.
these things did not make the published interview because the focus was on JCC.

so, right now we have Choob's source and this interview with JC which apprently both talk about a major boxset release late 2005.
will that ******* a seperate Metro release?

well, my two cents, with assumptions!:

Virgin still holds release rights to some of the songs played there.
some they don't own.
what BC could do is release an edit version, without those songs.
but he won't
so what else?
wait untill somewhere in 2006?
yes, but that would contradict the interviewer's statement from JC about last year as a release date.
so, just imagine, you can pay to get the right to release.
imagine this: BC pays Virgin an XX sum of money for the releaserights on these songs, passes these to another label, which reimburses BC and releases the DVD?!
possible? dunno.
maybe, mabye not.
but still, maybe Virgin will in fact still release Pumpkins material, maybe ties have not been severed as much as we might think and maybe a deal has been struck?
we might just have to wait and see.
but I for one am happily expecting at least a boxset before Xmas.

Dead
03-16-2005, 04:28 PM
When did that Jimmy interview take place? That's a pretty reliable source!

Spaldz
03-16-2005, 05:04 PM
This is absolutely amazing

Endless Whining
03-16-2005, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by Dead
When did that Jimmy interview take place? That's a pretty reliable source!

as far as I know: late jan/early feb before the JCC release, right after the first tourdates

severin
03-16-2005, 05:51 PM
jesus christ (hah, jc...) if this doesn't happen i will have to kill someone. you all got me way to excited over this. really...

and it's great that finally some new news come out.

Nico
03-16-2005, 06:09 PM
I'm sorry, my source does not produce rumors.

don't be sorry

;)

Dead
03-16-2005, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by Endless Whining

as far as I know: late jan/early feb before the JCC release, right after the first tourdates
Thanks.

Slurpee
03-16-2005, 07:35 PM
I will be disappointed if this release does not i<i></i>nclude the full studio version of "Do the Rubberman."

RockLobster
03-16-2005, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by Slurpee
I will be disappointed if this release does not i<i></i>nclude the full studio version of "Do the Rubberman."

ZWANPHONY
03-16-2005, 09:04 PM
maybe even one whole disc will be "Die" from tafh...man that could go on for hours!!! :D

sledge
03-16-2005, 09:41 PM
This is good news and all, but I'm curious as to how there could be over 5 cd's worth of material that is "new" to us? I mean are there really that many demos ect that we don't know of?
I'm guessing whoever said that BC would probably ******* the Machina demos and Reel Time Sessions is right, I mean where else can this abundance of new material come from?
Anyways, this is all really good news and hope it is true.

vbshlofbvgos
03-16-2005, 10:02 PM
this IS great news... i don't really think it matters when it is released because most of us have been waiting for something like this for a long time now anyway. i wouldn't hold it against billy if he released this with his solo album. although, from an artistic standpoint, it would be better to have some space between the two, i agree.
but for this mega-load of unreleased stuff i don't care when it comes out as long as it does come out.
i too am getting swept away by the possibilities. but not too much because i don't want to be let down. i mean, Judas O was a disappointment because i already had half of the songs and the vieuphoria releases were alright but it left you wishing he had released something we hadn't heard before. the lost 94 tapes were cool though.
but yeah, anyway... great news

spguitar
03-16-2005, 11:12 PM
Pastichio!!!!

ZWANPHONY
03-16-2005, 11:34 PM
Medley!!!!

i'd love to hear Lazer Love Light!

azvd
03-17-2005, 08:54 AM
So we have a new "impossible box set race":

Bolly Corgan vs. Kevin Shields.

Make your bets.

theres
03-17-2005, 10:06 AM
Very cool news Choobie!
and you're right, this community IS lacking in any real new news, so thanks!!

Shimonhead
03-17-2005, 02:29 PM
Pastichio Medley could fill 7 CDs:

01. The Demon
02. Thunderbolt
03. Dearth
04. Knuckles
05. Star Song
06. Firepower
07. New Waver
08. Space Jam
09. Zoom
10. So Very Sad About Us
11. Phang
12. Speed Racer
13. The Eternal E
14. Hairy Eyeball
15. The Groover
16. Hell Bent For Hell
17. Rachel
18. A Dog's Prayer
19. Blast
20. The Black Rider
21. Slurpee
22. Flipper
23. The Viper
24. Bitch
25. Fried
26. Harmonia
27. U.S.A.
28. The Tracer
29. Envelope Woman
30. Plastic Guy
31. Glasgow, 3 a.m.
32. The Road Is Long
33. Funkified
34. Rigamarole
35. Depresso
36. The Streets Are Hot Tonite
37. Dawn At 16
38. Spazmatazz
39. Fucker
40. In The Arms Of Sheep
41. Speed
42. 77
43. Me Rock You Snow
44. Feelium
45. Is Alex Milton?
46. Rubberman
47. Spacer
48. Rock Me
49. Weeping Willowly
50. Rings
51. So So Pretty
52. Lucky Lad
53. Jackboot
54. Millieu
55. Disconnected
56. Let Your Lazer Love Light Shine Down
57. Phreak
58. Porkbelly
59. Robot Lover
60. Jimmy James
61. America
62. Slinkeepie
63. Dummy Tum Tummy
64. Fakir
65. Jake
66. Camaro
67. Moonkids
68. Make It Fungus
69. V-8
70. Die

Fonzie
03-17-2005, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by azvd

Make your bets.

Queen have dropped out of the boxset race.

Axis of Action
03-17-2005, 02:42 PM

Make your bets.

both with DVD sets we want pretty badly too

Zorgon
03-17-2005, 03:56 PM

Make your bets.

:banging:

ChoobieWoobie
03-18-2005, 07:29 PM
i'm glad that we all have something biiiig to look forward to. My speculation is that at least a cd full of songs will be leaked months early before whatever the release date is. Nothing was mentioned about the Metro DVD, but that JC interview certainly does say something. I'm glad I had someone come in and substantiate my claim. Grazie.

-choob

douglas78
03-18-2005, 09:10 PM
ratt is out of the box set race too.
oh, and so is motley crue.
washed up assholes.

Dead
03-18-2005, 09:15 PM
i'm glad that we all have something biiiig to look forward to. My speculation is that at least a cd full of songs will be leaked months early before whatever the release date is. Nothing was mentioned about the Metro DVD, but that JC interview certainly does say something. I'm glad I had someone come in and substantiate my claim. Grazie.

-choob
Confess, this is all just a St. Patrick's hoax isn't it?

theres
03-18-2005, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by Dead

Confess, this is all just a St. Patrick's hoax isn't it?

It better not be!
Everyone knows there's no such thing as St. Patrick's Day hoaxes.

Nimrod's Son
03-20-2005, 08:14 PM
Much appreciated. Good to see there is still some hint of a pumpkins community around that's not all nonesense. Even thinking about things like this, despite the implications, makes me remember the days when things felt new and exciting. It's like when the ducks had Joey Harrington -- you knew they were going to win. Detroit is his Zwan, man

wpc33
03-21-2005, 01:51 AM
I'm very surprised that nobody but me ever mentions "In The Arms Of Sheep". It is from Pastichio, it's the one that had "come back baby-" in it. Definitely the most imagination-spurring tease I've ever heard in my life, no matter tha context. I want that song!! :)
Also, nobody seems to remember the Billy interview back in 99 or 2000 or something where Billy first mentioned the re-recorded Adore tracks with Jimmy. I believe it, and I REALLY wanna hear it! Especially the mythical Flamenco version of Pistol Pete

Also, I think that if this supposedly future release had full-quality recordings of the MCIS bedroom demos, like Towers of rabble, Autumn Nocturne and the stunning Ugly vox demo I would piss my pants(They would sound just like the TT ep)

Sam and Mike
03-21-2005, 07:02 AM
Originally posted by wpc33
Also, nobody seems to remember the Billy interview back in 99 or 2000 or something where Billy first mentioned the re-recorded Adore tracks with Jimmy. This never happened, they do not exist. This has been repeated over and over and over and over and over again.

Richard D. James
03-21-2005, 09:15 AM
I would just like to say I find it very funny that people post supposed Billy stories or blog entries, and people just rip on those people and automatically label them as fakes. Then someone will come in and say that they have some sort of recording and the first reply back to that post will be "Prove it!!!" Now, Choob comes out with a "heard from a friend" post that says that a 5 disc box set is coming out of God knows what...and no one questions it!! Are people really that desperate for new stuff? Don't get me wrong, I hope it's true, but at least have some consistency in this place!

-GK

Sam and Mike
03-21-2005, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by Richard D. James
Are people really that desperate for new stuff? Well, I think that while that has a fair amount of truth for many, you also have to understand that many here are also fucking insane.

Cherub Angel
03-21-2005, 10:33 AM
I think the reason most find the new boxset rumor true is that there is an interview which Jimmy says they're going to release some new stuff. Otherwise I think we would have been more skeptical.

Dead
03-21-2005, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by Sam and Mike
Well, I think that while that has a fair amount of truth for many, you also have to understand that many here are also fucking insane.
Hey, watch your language!

Sam and Mike
03-21-2005, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by Cherub Angel
I think the reason most find the new boxset rumor true is that there is an interview which Jimmy says they're going to release some new stuff. Well, that and the fact that they have been working on compiling this for months now. Confirmed by Melissa (I believe as far back as September) and Jimmy as well. This is nothing new, it's just more information about it than we have had prior.

theres
03-21-2005, 11:28 AM
I would just like to say I find it very funny that people post supposed Billy stories or blog entries, and people just rip on those people and automatically label them as fakes. Then someone will come in and say that they have some sort of recording and the first reply back to that post will be "Prove it!!!" Now, Choob comes out with a "heard from a friend" post that says that a 5 disc box set is coming out of God knows what...and no one questions it!! Are people really that desperate for new stuff? Don't get me wrong, I hope it's true, but at least have some consistency in this place!

-GK

well, the source of information is usually the key component in determining whether or not a person believes a story or even has a tendancy to believe that story, i.e. is this person credible? i believe choobie has history of being a credible source. i think those of us who are hopeful, are just that; hopeful. i mean even if Billy told us himself, we know he's said things in the past about releasing material and he hasn't as yet. maybe he just procrasinates; who really knows why. we're not taking this as something definitive but ANYTHING is possible.

now as to the person that claims to have a recording of something, this is easy to prove or disprove; hence the "show us and prove it!!"

of course we are desparate for NEW stuff. for most of us, this is our favorite band, we never wanted them to break-up and now there's a possibility that we MIGHT get some new commercial material. it's just a little exciting.

oh and p.s. of course if this is just a hoax, it's a cruel joke and reprehensible : P

Cool As Ice Cream
03-21-2005, 12:16 PM
Also, nobody seems to remember the Billy interview back in 99 or 2000 or something where Billy first mentioned the re-recorded Adore tracks with Jimmy.Prove it!!!

tcm
03-21-2005, 04:26 PM
Also, nobody seems to remember the Billy interview back in 99 or 2000 or something where Billy first mentioned the re-recorded Adore tracks with Jimmy.
worse, nobody seems to remember that it was bullshit.

also, there is no Towers Of Rabble demo.

aspecialkid
03-22-2005, 04:04 AM
Just imagine the possibilities.........

Starla
03-22-2005, 10:08 AM

-GK

LOL Not here. I don't believe shit till it comes from the man himself.

severin
03-22-2005, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by To Starla

LOL Not here. I don't believe shit till it comes from the man himself. which in fact may be one of the less credible sources...especially when it comes to official releases...

Dead
03-22-2005, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by tcm

also, there is no Towers Of Rabble demo.
Just cause Billy said so? There could be one in some form. He didn't just come up with the song on stage did he? Hmmm knowing Billy, maybe he did. :D

Gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme NOTHIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dead
03-22-2005, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by severin
which in fact may be one of the less credible sources...especially when it comes to official releases...
Aw snap, good point man. Take that, Billy!

Cool As Ice Cream
03-22-2005, 12:22 PM
I can already imagine all the complaints that will come when the tracklist for the box set comes out. We're all a bunch of unpleasable whiners.

RockLobster
03-22-2005, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by CoolAsIceCream
I can already imagine all the complaints that will come when the tracklist for the box set comes out. We're all a bunch of unpleasable whiners.

stfu whiner

Cool As Ice Cream
03-22-2005, 02:37 PM
Wait and see.