View Full Version : Listening to Mary Star Of The Sea...

Dead
03-05-2005, 07:21 PM
and it's pretty good. Aside from the clipping making my speakers rumble. Paz only ruined it live, not on the album.

Dead
03-05-2005, 07:22 PM
I will never forgive him for "with diamonds that can sing" though. :noway:

mistle
03-05-2005, 07:27 PM
i'm gonna come out of the closet here

i think zwan was fucking awesome both live and on record and i it's a tragedy they had to break up the band

there, i said it. i love zwan

neopryn
03-05-2005, 08:22 PM
why don't you two go have some gay sex then lol

RopeyLopey
03-05-2005, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by neopryn
why don't you two go have some gay sex then lol Mister, you owe us MSOTS survivor!

union jack
03-05-2005, 08:58 PM
msots was a good, solid, professional pop/rock album but no way near any of the pumpkins' albums...< FACT

chris_bakewell
03-05-2005, 09:53 PM
The Zwan album ain't three bad!!!

croPUMPKINS
03-05-2005, 10:14 PM
do you guys have your ears checked from time to time?

pumpkingrrrl
03-05-2005, 11:44 PM
I absolutely love MSOTS. favorite songs are El Sol, Ride a Black Swan, Heartsong, and Of a Broken Heart.

Dead
03-05-2005, 11:56 PM
The clipping still bugs my ears but it's ignorable a lot of the time.

better than new
03-06-2005, 12:35 AM
the only problem i really have with the album was that i thought a lot of the songs sounded too much alike. i liked lyric

neopryn
03-06-2005, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by union jack
msots was a good, solid, professional pop/rock album but no way near any of the pumpkins' albums...< FACT there are no facts, music is subjective you piece of shit

Gollum
03-06-2005, 03:21 AM
I too love MSOTS. Particularly, El Sol, Ride a Black Swan, Heartsong and Come with Me. Luckily you can't hear the clipping when you listen to it in your car stereo.

ciGarski
03-06-2005, 07:19 PM
whats clipping? cutting the track too soon?

Woody
03-06-2005, 07:38 PM
Yeah, it's pretty good.

It was an odd sound to go for though, and the tracklist they went for was patchy.

Declaration of Faith, Jesus I, Heartsongs, Yeah! were all pretty mediocre (if not dire in places) whilst even Broken Heart suffered from a poor mix - you could barely here the strings.

But still...not a bad album.

El Sol and Desire are awesome.

Fathoms
03-06-2005, 08:02 PM
I was in love with it for the first two weeks. But after the novelty wore off all it's flaws rose to the top, now I can't even listen all the way through.

Diamond Dream
03-06-2005, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by Dead
I will never forgive him for "with diamonds that can sing" though. :noway:

why

ZWANPHONY
03-07-2005, 02:37 AM
because diamonds can't sing you moron!

yeah i was just listening to marystar the other day, god it's great. then i put in the cafe la danse acoustic fm show...god they were awesome, well like dead said, paz kinda ruined it on that show a little...but some parts were bearable. :)

Woody
03-07-2005, 05:41 AM
Y'know what I think broke the band?

That whole laidback "we're in it for fun and having a laugh" angle Billy always talked about... well the rest of the band apparently believed that, but Billy was just trying to differentiate Zwan from the Pumpkins and sell the band to "the kids".

smashing0
03-07-2005, 06:24 AM
Originally posted by Fathoms
now I can't even listen all the way through. it wasn't even that easy to do at first

DieDiemydarling
03-07-2005, 06:26 AM
Congratulations.

Dead
03-07-2005, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by Woody
Y'know what I think broke the band?

That whole laidback "we're in it for fun and having a laugh" angle Billy always talked about... well the rest of the band apparently believed that, but Billy was just trying to differentiate Zwan from the Pumpkins and sell the band to "the kids".
Nah, it was Paz trying to get laid by Pajo. And this other stuff. And Matt drinking too much. Oh yeah and their immorality.

sweter33
03-07-2005, 01:38 PM
"Freedom Ain't What it Used to be" is one of the greatest songs Billy's written. like EVER.
I know it's not MSOTS, but it's a sign how brilliant would have Djali album been if it had ever come out...
:(

As for msots, I love "desire" and "baby let's rock" (weird as it sounds, I really do!!!) :D

KingJeremy
03-07-2005, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by union jack
msots was a good, solid, professional pop/rock album but no way near any of the pumpkins' albums...< FACT Fact - I believe that it is a better album than either Gish or Machina.

Spaldz
03-07-2005, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by sweter33
"Freedom Ain't What it Used to be" is one of the greatest songs Billy's written. like EVER.
I know it's not MSOTS, but it's a sign how brilliant would have Djali album been if it had ever come out...
:(

I agree totally. I loved Djali stuff. It was great.

ZackZ
03-07-2005, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by ciGarki
whats clipping? cutting the track too soon?

The top of the sound wave gets chopped off because it's more than the equipment can handle. It can make a very harsh hissing or popping sound, which some people claim to hear loudly on Zwan.

Corganist
03-07-2005, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by KingJeremy
Fact - I believe that it is a better album than either Gish or Machina.
Yikes. I like to think I'm one of the bigger MSOTS defenders...but I don't know if even I would go this far in singing its praises.

It was better than Adore though.

tcm
03-07-2005, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by Corganist

Yikes. I like to think I'm one of the bigger MSOTS defenders...but I don't know if even I would go this far in singing its praises.

It was better than Adore though.
you were so right, but then you stopped being right. :(

alisonmonster
03-07-2005, 07:33 PM
i liked it enough when it came out - the zwan show i went to was okay i guess. Jesus I i liked a lot - got sick of the album pretty fast - then pawned it off on my b/f who now has it constant irritating rotation in his car.

Luke de Spa
03-07-2005, 08:51 PM
This is the first time I've listened to it in a long while, and I have to say it's gotten worse.

I can tolerate the production but most of the songs are just boring. "Declarations of Faith" would be good with an, uh, appropriate chorus, and "Of a Broken Heart" is still nice (but doesn't quite seem sincere on record), but otherwise it's a bit of a bomb.

2.5 stars at any volume!

Prima Materia
03-08-2005, 11:47 PM
MSOTS is definately not quite as good as ANY SP albums. Personally I can't choose a fav. pumpkins album or worst. They are all so different. I mean, siamese dream and pisces are the most simular out of all the albums, but what do you expect, Pisces is all siamese dream b-sides. I hate when people diss adore though...

loafofjoy
03-08-2005, 11:52 PM
it's better than gish

SpFission
03-09-2005, 01:07 AM
SD>MCIS>ADORE>PISCES ISCARIOT>GISH>MSOTS>MACHINA

Thats how they stack up