View Full Version : Vancouver Pumpkinheads

wpc33
03-04-2005, 09:50 PM
Hey everybody! You may remember me, Josh, from the billy-day here in Vancouver. Our meet-up was so damn fun, we ought ado a new one! Everyone is welcome. Check out meetup.com
http://pumpkins.meetup.com/16/events/?eventId=4352185&action=detail
When? Sunday, March 13th at 3:00 PM We will wait for late folks :)

Where the hell is it? On the steps of the art gallery in Downtown Vancouver...Robson Street side!

What will we do? Much like the making of Adore, we will do Whatever we wanna. We will field suggestions from the more creative and decsisive members of our group on the day, and we'll go with the grooviest suggestions :) Me, I'm down for whatever.

Why??? Because the meetup last October when Billy came to town for his newyorktimesbestseller was so much fun, even though hardly anyone knew eachother before, and we were all so different yet so friendly, we oughta make some mo' magic, and some more good times.

Who?? Anybody and everybody, no clique-ish things goin on here, just a common interest bringing some good people together. What else are you gonna do on a Sunday afternoon? I'm looking forward to your RSVP's, your emails, your message board posts, and most of all, you Arrival at the meetup! See ya!!

When:
Sunday, March 13, 2005 at 3:00 PM

Where:
Vancouver Art Gallery
750 Hornby
Vancouver, BC V6Z 2H7
(604) 662-4700
Map

Notes:
Hi everybody, I'm Josh, and I'd love it if you, yes you, whoever you are, will come and hang out with us for a SP meet-up! We had a similar get-together when Billy came to town to promote his book! We had over a DOZEN awesome people show up, say Hi and stick around. All in all, we all had an excellent time and made some new pals. Considering the niche a big pumpkins fan that would read something like this, we all got along great!
FUN ~ yes something that is only present in the first 28 times reading scrawled Siamese Dream liner notes...;)
So come on down! You can always ditch, and I'd wager cash you will not wanna
Everyone is welcome! 13 or 37, whateva! Bring a friend if you want to. The human security blankets can be good motivator's ;)
!!!Sunday, March 13th, 3 PM on the steps of the art gallery in downtown Vancouver! Robson St!~Activities, locales etc = Suggest whatever you want, and we'll take on-the-spot polls! Questions? Email me! RSVP if you can, and do come! See ya there!

Voice Implodes
03-04-2005, 11:25 PM
i would be totally down, but i work at 4:00 sundays. everyday, for that matter. if it was earlier, i would love to meet some other vancouver 'phorians.

smashedpumpkin33
03-07-2005, 02:11 AM
well i will hopefully come, and i'm looking forward to meeting some new fans. it was great to meet so many of you in the fall, i feel like this is the second generation vancouver pumpkins group after the last one faded away....
we should definately get a group together so we can have a listening party when billy's album comes out. :D
see you soon, Jese

christian zombie vampires
03-07-2005, 02:29 AM
damn it all, that's the day i visit my parents in victoria for spring break.

actually going to the art gallery and checking out their exhibits would be a fun group thing to do i think. it's actually really fun, i haven't seen the exhibit there now.

Voice Implodes
03-07-2005, 04:37 AM
we could always put our heads together to come up with a better date.

wpc33
03-07-2005, 04:40 AM
Well, the next one will be Sunday, April 10th. I hope that will be a good day, as much as I hope next Sunday is!

wpc33
03-08-2005, 07:33 PM
*bump*

wpc33
03-10-2005, 09:14 PM
Is anybody gonna come? I'll be there whether anyone confirms or not, if Waynestock taught me anything ;)
But if you're gonna show, post
Thanks!

smashedpumpkin33
03-11-2005, 01:02 AM
Hi vancouver people, to my surprise i saw an ad in the new georgia straight for the jimmy chamberlain complex concert at richards! it is april 9th and tickets have gone on sale already, 15 plus charges. we can all meet then :)
Jese