View Full Version : Zwan guitar

downerbuzz
03-04-2005, 10:12 AM
http://www.zwanmusic.org/photos/xl2.jpg

anybody know the specs on this guitar?
the neck and headstock seem to be a bit tele-ish but with the body of a strat...

http://www.zwanmusic.org/photos/xl.jpeg

in stereo
03-04-2005, 10:50 AM
judging from that headstock, i'd say it's a fernandes guitar. i have no idea what model...

ZackZ
03-04-2005, 11:53 AM
Dude, it's a Hondo.

Why do people ask questions about Zwan gear? WHO would want to sound like Zwan in any capacity?

Dead
03-04-2005, 12:38 PM
I'm wearing my Zwan guitar shirt right now.

smashing0
03-04-2005, 12:50 PM
is that what makes it clip?

spguitar
03-04-2005, 02:15 PM
It's a Hamer. Same one used on Letterman in '98.

DeviousJ
03-04-2005, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by ZackZ
Dude, it's a Hondo.

Why do people ask questions about Zwan gear? WHO would want to sound like Zwan in any capacity?

Sometimes you have to know what to avoid

downerbuzz
03-06-2005, 09:23 PM
exactly

downerbuzz
03-06-2005, 09:25 PM
and i was just curious.

TheJoker
03-06-2005, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by ZackZ
Dude, it's a Hondo.

i enjoyed their sound.

Reyngel
03-07-2005, 02:39 AM
Originally posted by spguitar
It's a Hamer. Same one used on Letterman in '98.

Damn, how the hell do you remember what guitar Billy used on Letterman in 98?

DieDiemydarling
03-07-2005, 06:22 AM
Originally posted by Dead
I'm wearing my Zwan guitar LOL

spguitar
03-07-2005, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by Reyngel

Damn, how the hell do you remember what guitar Billy used on Letterman in 98?

I know more about their gear than any other SP topic. :D
I'm just a gear freak.

wally
03-07-2005, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by smashing0
is that what makes it clip? :rofl:

randomizer
03-09-2005, 03:51 PM
Hey people - the guitar in question is the Hamer strat copy given to Billy by Rick (Cheap Trick). It's Hamer 'Custom Shop' piece. Maybe the only rosewood board 'Strat' Billy has used live. The Fernandes guitar was a basically a Jazzmaster/Jaguar shaped body with much different pickups, most notable is the neck (sustainer) pickup which gave that ebow effect, and he had humbucker in the bridge. Got a really nice sound out of that guitar for the Adore shows.

spguitar
03-10-2005, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by randomizer
Hey people - the guitar in question is the Hamer strat copy given to Billy by Rick (Cheap Trick). It's Hamer 'Custom Shop' piece. Maybe the only rosewood board 'Strat' Billy has used live. The Fernandes guitar was a basically a Jazzmaster/Jaguar shaped body with much different pickups, most notable is the neck (sustainer) pickup which gave that ebow effect, and he had humbucker in the bridge. Got a really nice sound out of that guitar for the Adore shows.

The custom Hamer he gave Billy was like a Gibson Explorer.
I have a Fernandes Decade but i put a PRS pickup in mine instead of a Dimarzio.

http://www.pillforkids.com/dec.jpg

spguitar
03-10-2005, 12:23 AM
Here's the custom Hamer.

http://www.my-mistake.net/infinitepics/billy/billy024.jpg

TumoraXsault
03-10-2005, 01:54 AM
HAHA! He looks so queer in that picture

randomizer
03-10-2005, 09:16 PM
hey man, the hamer in the pick you posted is for custom. however, the guitar originally mentioned in the 1st pic of the thread is indeed a custom shop hamer strat-copy given to billy.

nice fernandes you got there. i got a fender tele plus ('92) and a g&l legacy ('95) -> fender prosonic combo.

now to the current gear-ology:

have you heard anything about what pickups corgan is loading his strats with now? he was big on the sensors with the pumpkins, but with zwan and from other shots i've seen he looks to be using more 'traditional' pickups. i'd be surprised if they weren't some kind of stacked pickup (seeing how he runs through so much processing).

spguitar
03-10-2005, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by randomizer
hey man, the hamer in the pick you posted is for custom. however, the guitar originally mentioned in the 1st pic of the thread is indeed a custom shop hamer strat-copy given to billy.

nice fernandes you got there. i got a fender tele plus ('92) and a g&l legacy ('95) -> fender prosonic combo.

now to the current gear-ology:

have you heard anything about what pickups corgan is loading his strats with now? he was big on the sensors with the pumpkins, but with zwan and from other shots i've seen he looks to be using more 'traditional' pickups. i'd be surprised if they weren't some kind of stacked pickup (seeing how he runs through so much processing).

That's strange. I've never seen an article or anything that said it was a custom. I think they made the same guitars a long time ago regularly. Someone on harmonycentral.com told me that.

Billy used a stock 70s Strat,'62 Gibson SG Special,Gibson ES-125,a Reverend guitar and a Lonnie Mack Flying V into a Diezel VH-4 head with Zwan.
I'm curious about what he's gonna use on his solo album.

randomizer
03-11-2005, 02:14 PM
don't forget about the Jaguar he used, also seen in the pumpkins days but rarely live. It has an all maple neck with black square inlays. Must be custom shop or modded because I've never seen another Jaguar with a maple board.

good to find another gear addict.

i think he'll come back with 70's strats as his #1 axes for this solo run.