View Full Version : MC Chris

ZackZ
02-28-2005, 07:43 PM
MC Chris of Aqua Teen Hunger Force and Sealab 2021 has started a nationwide tour. Anyone going to see him? I'm definately making the March 8 show in :hurl: Lawrence, KS.

Blue*Carbonite
02-28-2005, 11:28 PM
i'd kill to see him but the closest he's coming is ohio. boo.

patrick
02-28-2005, 11:54 PM
pretending you care about a genre that isn't douchebag rock-your-cock asshole music, eh?

oh wait, it's acceptable because he does the theme song to a tv show you like

patrick
03-01-2005, 12:02 AM
http://www.walleyesinc.com/images/rockout2.jpg

patrick
03-01-2005, 12:02 AM
that goes to i_was_aborted, too

fuck both of you

ryan patrick
03-01-2005, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by ZackZ
MC Chris of Aqua Teen Hunger Force and Sealab 2021 has started a nationwide tour. Anyone going to see him? I'm definately making the March 8 show in :hurl: Lawrence, KS.

ha ha.

do you hate lawrence because you're homophobic? my step-dad does. only he says that people in lawrence "eat salad." woah.

ZackZ
03-01-2005, 03:41 AM
Originally posted by ryan patrick

ha ha.

do you hate lawrence because you're homophobic? my step-dad does. only he says that people in lawrence "eat salad." woah.

I hate Lawrence because it's like the real life version of this board, or what I perceive it to be. Filled with poseurs, hipsters, scenesters, emo kids, stoners, hippies, etc. They do have a good vinyl store though. :mad:

Their music venues are not nice. The Bottle neck is just a bar, The Granada is just a pit. The rest are just bars as well. The only reason they get all of the lower-mid-to-mid level acts is because it's exactly halfway between two of the largest cities in Kansas.

ZackZ
03-01-2005, 03:46 AM
Originally posted by patrick
pretending you care about a genre that isn't douchebag rock-your-cock asshole music, eh?

oh wait, it's acceptable because he does the theme song to a tv show you like

You are a cockbiting ignoramus that doesn't know shit. MC Chris does not do the theme song for ATHF or Sealab. Schooly D does the theme for ATHF and Calamine does the theme for Sealab. MC Chris has appeared as Hesh on Sealab and has done a few short songs for the show. He has also appeared as MC Pee Pants and Sir Loin on ATHF and has done a few songs, none of which could be considered the theme song.

And what fucking genre am I pretending to like? Short, fat, pasty white guy comedy rap? WOW THAT'S LIKE SO HOT RIGHT NOW! Go fuck yourself, you miserable twat.

ryan patrick
03-01-2005, 03:48 AM
Originally posted by ZackZ

I hate Lawrence because it's like the real life version of this board, or what I perceive it to be. Filled with poseurs, hipsters, scenesters, emo kids, stoners, hippies, etc. They do have a good vinyl store though. :mad:

Their music venues are not nice. The Bottle neck is just a bar, The Granada is just a pit. The rest are just bars as well. The only reason they get all of the lower-mid-to-mid level acts is because it's exactly halfway between two of the largest cities in Kansas.

and Manhattan is filled with cowboys. every place is a stereotype if you make it that way.

the venues aren't that great though, but what does Manhattan have? Topeka doesn't have anything either. the reason most acts come to Lawrence though is because of KU and KJHK and the town in general more than being close to KC. if they're big enough, they'll just play KC.

Best Looking Boy
03-01-2005, 03:51 AM
manhattan has overpriced shows that always sell out

ZackZ
03-01-2005, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by ryan patrick

and Manhattan is filled with cowboys. every place is a stereotype if you make it that way.

the venues aren't that great though, but what does Manhattan have? Topeka doesn't have anything either. the reason most acts come to Lawrence though is because of KU and KJHK and the town in general more than being close to KC. if they're big enough, they'll just play KC.

Manhattan is filled with cowboys though. :)

We have the Wareham theater. I've never actually been to a show there but I think the Urge played there once. There's the performing arts center, which I have never been to either. We have McCain auditorium on campus. I saw Lewis Black and Darrel Hammond play there. It's pretty nice so not exactly a rock venue. Also our basketball arena is nicer than KUs. We actually had Destiny's Child play there about 5 years ago. :cool: OH, and once I saw a guy wearing a Queensryche tour shirt from 1989 and it said they played Manhattan. I have no idea where though.

Mayfuck
03-01-2005, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by Best Looking Boy
manhattan has overpriced shows that always sell out

Manhattan, KS