View Full Version : Billy all alone.


GreenwaterGrey
02-23-2005, 05:16 PM
I just joined this message board recently, but I am a longtime Pumpkins fan and always will be. I think they were probably the best band produced from that wonderful decade we call the 90's. They're music is undescribable and you cannot classify it as anything but great. Billy Corgan is to drop a new album soon and I was just wondering how you guys think it will turn out. Granted Corgan is one of the best song writers alive, but the chemistry of the Pumpkins was unbelievable. It sounds like they all fought alot, but they're music was like nothing we had ever heard before. I think that's not thanks to any one or two band members, but to their combined company. Do you think this album will come any where near what The Smashing Pumpkins made?

Axl Rose
02-23-2005, 06:14 PM
its billy, so it would be interesting to see what he does.:D

transluscent
02-23-2005, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by GreenwaterGrey
Do you think this album will come any where near what The Smashing Pumpkins made?
no.

eraserhead
02-24-2005, 01:07 AM
see zwan

Voice Implodes
02-24-2005, 01:53 AM
i am hoping it will blow me away, of course, but i doubt he will record another siamese dream by himself.

yeah, i know, he played al the parts blah blah blah on sd, but there was still a band dynamic.

but i stil expect billy's solo effort to be the best release of the year. i loved zwan.

sledge
02-24-2005, 02:18 AM
Originally posted by Voice Implodes

but i stil expect billy's solo effort to be the best release of the year. i loved zwan.

Prepare for dissapointment.

Axl Rose
02-24-2005, 02:22 AM
I think I'll be disappointed if it is anything like Zwan. Zwan was just so damn long and boring! It felt like all his creative energy was used on the Pumpkins and he had nothing left to give!

vbshlofbvgos
02-24-2005, 02:25 AM
ORINALLY POSTED BY
GreenwaterGrey
I just joined this message board recently

:newbie: Yeah!!! lets sing a song!!!


Originally posted byGreenwaterGrey
I am a longtime Pumpkins fan and always will be.
prove it mister


Originally posted by GreenwaterGrey
Billy Corgan is to drop a new album soon
i am completely lost.. i was following you until this...


Originally posted by :beer:
It sounds like they all fought alot, but they're music was like nothing we had ever heard before.

beer is good

SpFission
02-24-2005, 02:30 AM
No idea what to expect. Could be a masterpiece, could be Zwan Part II. Hoping for the former, of course...I hope it sounds nothing like we've heard before, but still good.

Ugly
02-24-2005, 03:14 AM
I heard the first single is titled "For GreenwaterGrey"

Voice Implodes
02-24-2005, 03:45 AM
Originally posted by Ugly
I heard the first single is titled "For GreenwaterGrey"

no it's called "voice implodes makes me proud." inspired by my old sig.

GreenwaterGrey
02-24-2005, 08:00 AM
I heard his first single is gonna be a cover of "Rappers Delight"

Starla
02-24-2005, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by GreenwaterGrey
I heard his first single is gonna be a cover of "Rappers Delight"

Let's hope so!

Isle
02-24-2005, 08:29 AM
i hope the new record is all rap.

frogfusious
02-24-2005, 09:26 AM
Jesus, can't you immature fucks refrain from posting a bunch of useless and nonsensical shit? Every post I see on this board is filled with random comments. I never knew Smashing Pumpkins fans were so fucking retarded.

Anyway, to the poster(who actually made a mature and serious thread): I think Billy's solo album will be interesting. I loved The Smashing Pumpkins and Zwan were great too, but I don't think this album will be like either. All I can say is we'll know when it drops.

smashingjj
02-24-2005, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by frogfusious
Jesus, can't you immature fucks refrain from posting a bunch of useless and nonsensical shit? Every post I see on this board is filled with random comments. I never knew Smashing Pumpkins fans were so fucking retarded.

Anyway, to the poster(who actually made a mature and serious thread): I think Billy's solo album will be interesting. I loved The Smashing Pumpkins and Zwan were great too, but I don't think this album will be like either. All I can say is we'll know when it drops. :banoonoo:

Cool As Ice Cream
02-24-2005, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by frogfusious
All I can say is we'll know when it drops. Wow! You figured that out all by yourself, Einstein?

Boseph
02-24-2005, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by frogfusious
Jesus, can't you immature fucks refrain from posting a bunch of useless and nonsensical shit? Every post I see on this board is filled with random comments. I never knew Smashing Pumpkins fans were so fucking retarded.

Anyway, to the poster(who actually made a mature and serious thread): I think Billy's solo album will be interesting. I loved The Smashing Pumpkins and Zwan were great too, but I don't think this album will be like either. All I can say is we'll know when it drops.

HAHAHAHAHA...So you spend the first half of your post bitching at people for posting useless comments...

And then you go on to say that:
a) You think Billy's album will be "interesting" (way to be vague dipshit).
b) You like the Smashing Pumpkins (REALLY?! Me too!!)
c) You liked Zwan (this speaks for itself)
d) We'll know what the album sounds like when it comes out

THANKYOU FOR YOUR INSIGHT! If only people would take an example from you. Why...it would revolutionize the world of communication.

Cool As Ice Cream
02-24-2005, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by Boseph
... :D You make me laugh.

frogfusious
02-24-2005, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by Boseph


HAHAHAHAHA...So you spend the first half of your post bitching at people for posting useless comments...

And then you go on to say that:
a) You think Billy's album will be "interesting" (way to be vague dipshit).
b) You like the Smashing Pumpkins (REALLY?! Me too!!)
c) You liked Zwan (this speaks for itself)
d) We'll know what the album sounds like when it comes out

THANKYOU FOR YOUR INSIGHT! If only people would take an example from you. Why...it would revolutionize the world of communication.
Did you even read any of the posts in this thread? At least my post was ON TOPIC. vbshlofbvgos, Ugly, Voice Implodes and Isle all posted random shit that had hardly anything to do with the topic. This is what I'm talking about.

Spaldz
02-24-2005, 01:56 PM
Billy's let me down alot lately. The whole Zwan thing had potential but just didn't work and this solo stuff is taking a hell of along time to happen. Hasn't had an update to his site in 2 months..I'm just giving up on him, and I know alot of people gave up along time before I did

chris_bakewell
02-24-2005, 01:57 PM
I heard the first single will be called James iha is the best......

Boseph
02-24-2005, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by frogfusious

Did you even read any of the posts in this thread? At least my post was ON TOPIC. vbshlofbvgos, Ugly, Voice Implodes and Isle all posted random shit that had hardly anything to do with the topic. This is what I'm talking about.

PLEASE stop ranting on...we're trying to have an articulate and thought-provoking discussion about Billy Corgan, here. Take your off-topic complaints somewhere else. Each post in this thread must contain the word "Billy" atleast 5 times...otherwise it is just simply too off-topic. Please edit your last post to fit the specified guidelines, or I will be forced to report you to an admin. This deplorable act of selfishness will not stand.

Billy Billy Billy. There, you see?

Rockin' Cherub
02-24-2005, 02:53 PM
i think taste changes. and billy's taste changed for the worse.

Ugly
02-24-2005, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by frogfusious

Did you even read any of the posts in this thread? At least my post was ON TOPIC.

Here's your freakin medal:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v319/UltimateThor/medal.jpg

GreenwaterGrey
02-24-2005, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by Rockin' Cherub
i think taste changes. and billy's taste changed for the worse.

You could be right. Personally I don't think it could be near the Pumpkins level.
You'd really have to know what went on in the song writing process and what everyone's roles were in making the music, but one thing is for sure. The songs won't be the same without Jimmy.
When given room he took songs that would be great and made them jaw dropping. I've had people borrow my discman and listen to the Pumpkins -these are folks who are not familiar with the SP- and the first words out of their mouths are "The drumming is crazy" or "The drumming is f*cking amazing" or "I just crapped myself, the drumming is that good!"

The bottom line in my opinion is: despite the fact that Billy laid the foundation and built the house, the other members made it the coolest place on the block.

(^^^Was that lame? I sure hope not. It probably was. Oh well.)

Nimrod's Son
02-24-2005, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by GreenwaterGrey
Granted Corgan is one of the best song writers aliveWhy is this "granted"? Because YOU say so? Who in the fuck do you think you are?

Ensoul
02-24-2005, 04:15 PM
when is the album coming out anyways?

transluscent
02-24-2005, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by frogfusious
Jesus, can't you immature fucks refrain from posting a bunch of useless and nonsensical shit? Every post I see on this board is filled with random comments. I never knew Smashing Pumpkins fans were so fucking retarded.

Anyway, to the poster(who actually made a mature and serious thread): I think Billy's solo album will be interesting. I loved The Smashing Pumpkins and Zwan were great too, but I don't think this album will be like either. All I can say is we'll know when it drops.
if you don't like it, then go away. perhaps you'd prefer the billy-corgan.com boards.

transluscent
02-24-2005, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by GreenwaterGrey
...

(^^^Was that lame? I sure hope not. It probably was. Oh well.)
you got it buddy.

Spaldz
02-24-2005, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by Ensoul
when is the album coming out anyways?

Probably not for a while..Was meant to be out at the end of last year, beginning of this year originally. :rolleyes:

Spaldz
02-24-2005, 05:29 PM
oh..and wasn't there meant to be the chicago dvd as well? :erm

Quiet.Riot
02-24-2005, 05:33 PM
I don't care what anybody else has to say.

If this album is crap after all the waiting, I'm gonna be pissed...

ZackZ
02-24-2005, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by Spaldz
oh..and wasn't there meant to be the chicago dvd as well? :erm

Ah, shit, I think you're right. Billy said he was going to put out a DVD from those songs about Chicago at the end of the year. What a fucking liar! Fuck that guy.

Cool As Ice Cream
02-24-2005, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by ZackZ
Billy said he was going to put out a DVD from those songs about Chicago at the end of the year. What a fucking liar! Fuck that guy. Originally posted by www.billycorgan.com
we had a nice drive, listening to my new ROCK album...i say rock because somehow the world thinks i'm doing an acoustic album...not true!...i am (sorry to be repetitive) making an acoustic DVD, which will come out hopefully in winter 2005, hopefully to be followed by the pumpkins last show DVD in spring of 2006, ok? :)

vbshlofbvgos
02-24-2005, 08:39 PM
don't get your hopes up, billy is nothing without the band.:(

athousandhours
02-28-2005, 10:59 PM
I really don't see Billy going after that 'big band' sound he was after for most of his time with the pumpkins or zwan. With the inclusion of Bon Harris and Alan Moulder, I would expect something more along the Adore lines. I wouldn't be too surprised if the album didn't resemble kid a or the fragile.

thuway
02-28-2005, 11:59 PM
Billy needs to quit fucking around and release something.

ZackZ
03-01-2005, 02:33 AM
Originally posted by thuway
Billy needs to quit fucking around and release something.

I'm pretty sure this album will be out of the blue for most people. I don't know if there is a certain time of year when former rock superstars can cash in on solo releases, but I'm betting that is what Billy is waiting for.

DieDiemydarling
03-01-2005, 03:23 AM
I hope he releases something new soon.

Starla
03-01-2005, 04:39 AM
Originally posted by Isle
i hope the new record is all rap.

I heard tupac and billy will have a song together, then P diddy will be in the video with Usher in the background. Beyonce will be laying on her back somewhere in there.

Starla
03-01-2005, 04:42 AM
Originally posted by frogfusious
Jesus, can't you immature fucks refrain from posting a bunch of useless and nonsensical shit? Every post I see on this board is filled with random comments. I never knew Smashing Pumpkins fans were so fucking retarded.


LOL let us know when you pull that stick out of your ass. Of course some of us are interested in the new release, braintrust.

DieDiemydarling
03-01-2005, 04:55 AM
Originally posted by To Starla


I heard tupac and billy will have a song together, then P diddy will be in the video with Usher in the background. Beyonce will be laying on her back somewhere in there. you not funny

douglas78
03-01-2005, 08:37 PM
wouldnt it be cool if slash quit velvet revolver and joined billy.

douglas78
03-01-2005, 08:45 PM
why dont all you people pull your billy dildo's out of your asses for one minute and be realistic for once. small talk is ok once and a while. what is this, the fucking third reich, get the fuck out of here. i love the pumpkins too, probably more than the next person. hey, maybe i have an obsession with the band, but dont fuckin tell me shit if i want to say , "hey, its a nice day today". newbie or not. fuck all of ya.
oh, have a nice day. is that to harsh?:mad:

Axl Rose
03-01-2005, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by douglas78
why dont all you people pull your billy dildo's out of your asses for one minute and be realistic for once. small talk is ok once and a while. what is this, the fucking third reich, get the fuck out of here. i love the pumpkins too, probably more than the next person. hey, maybe i have an obsession with the band, but dont fuckin tell me shit if i want to say , "hey, its a nice day today". newbie or not. fuck all of ya.
oh, have a nice day. is that to harsh?:mad:

that ain't too harsh buddy. Everybody's got freedom of speech its just that some people on this board feel otherwise. Say what you want, it hasn't stopped me in the past!