View Full Version : Oh Fuck It: It's Question & Answer Time With Your Host Jeff Compton

Egadsman
02-12-2005, 10:13 PM
My friend isn't answering her phone, I really am not up to a movie, I'm about a 4th of the way through my bottle of Merlot, so Kids! It's time for you to ask me questions and get to know me better. I am game. Well, I will be until I decide to do something better, so strike while the iron is hot! It's open line Saturday, and anyway we go!

Sonic Johnny
02-12-2005, 10:20 PM
so what about the rumors that you are dead?

Egadsman
02-12-2005, 10:22 PM
All true. I was a little over zelous in my abilities to strech into certain position and under those circumstances. My will firmly states that I wish to be buried with all of my positions and my closest freinds.

jenn
02-12-2005, 10:24 PM
tell me about the best and worst days of your life.

EXTRAVABONSOR
02-12-2005, 10:35 PM
does it really bother when people mistake you for the wrong sex? or are you completely comfortable with it.

Voice Implodes
02-12-2005, 10:35 PM
are midgets attracted to other midgets, or to us normals?

Egadsman
02-12-2005, 10:42 PM
Best:

I'd like to lump my entire childhood into that catagory. I just had an exceptional rollicking, exploring, fortbuilding, sandlot baseball, giant sled hills, fishing and tree climbing, and lots of broken toys kind of time, with a friend of mine that may as well have been my older brother (while I tortured my real younger brother.) That was exception, but since my memory for that time period is more of collage than day by day, I'm going to have to go with my closest "great day" memory.

This girl I happened to be coming to terms with me being interested in her, but for some reason could never grasp her being interested in me. So she invited me to her house to spend the night (with the fine print reading that I must sleep in her bed). Well, all of this went over my head in such a hindsight embaressment, but to make a long and sentimentially nostolgic story short, she had to blatently profess her interest in me (and I'm in bed ready to sleep, not catching any of this). Got my first kiss that night, and a display of uttner uncomfortable nervousment for the both of us. It was like it was in high school of something...it wasn't. It was in August of last year. Well, as much as that goes on, the day after the next, I came back to her Aunt's house (where she was sitting on both occassions), and this exclilated a bit, I became more comfortable with the whole thing, and I spent the night with her wrapped around me...which was the last time that would ever happen.

My worst day could either be tied back to all the bullying in middleschool, but it bares not the least of straggling effects or destinct memory, so I'm going to have to go with another recent event, which is best summed up in an outline of event:

1) Ex calls me to tell me she's been avoiding my calls, because she doesn't want to see anyone again (because it hurts too much) before she departs to North Carolina on route to Iraq.
2)I hand up and beat the hell out of the walls for a while, cry and have an emotional breakdown. I start shaking. I rush to my grandmother's for valiums, call my psycologist, arrange an emergency appointment.
3) Spend about 5 hours trying to at least get rid od the shakes.
4) See the ol' doc, he prescibes lots of fun stuff (which turn out to only make me violent).
*5) Go the emergency room and wait in the waiting room for 5 hours before
6) I go home an weep a lot.

And that sort of thing has been happening to a lesser degree ever since. oooooooh, fun! NEXT!

Egadsman
02-12-2005, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by EXTRAVA******
does it really bother when people mistake you for the wrong sex? or are you completely comfortable with it.

Used to bother me, but I embrace it now. People have been mistaking me for the wrong sex since before I was born. The doctor was wrong, so why the hell can't everyone else be? I'm pretty damn effeminate as it is, so que sera sera.

Egadsman
02-12-2005, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by Voice Implodes
are midgets attracted to other midgets, or to us normals?

Got nothing for midgest, but my grandmother is 4'9" and my grandfather is 5'10", so take from that what you will. Personally, if I was a midget, I wouldn't want to attempt a 5'10" woman in bedroom relations.

EXTRAVABONSOR
02-12-2005, 10:55 PM
im curious now. do you have a picture?

Egadsman
02-12-2005, 10:56 PM
I have many. Let me hook you up:

http://profiles.myspace.com/users/4034071

Sonic Johnny
02-12-2005, 10:59 PM
how many hotdogs can you fit into your mouth at once?

EXTRAVABONSOR
02-12-2005, 11:00 PM
well you're not ugly at all.

jenn
explain to me how to figure out the square root of -1

Egadsman
First I must cook the hot dogs. I will not stick an uncooked piece of meat in my mouth. Second, I must know if this alignment is with ends poking out, or lengthwise across the cheeks.

Egadsman
02-12-2005, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by melancholia

Well, from what I remember, you can't unless you put those damned | | signs on the outside of the doohicky. Because other than that, it is impossible. It needs to be a shit...memory fights drunkenness and loses....

EXTRAVABONSOR
02-12-2005, 11:03 PM

i

Liquid-J
02-12-2005, 11:03 PM
remember when we traded smashing pumpkins shows like 4 years ago or so?

Egadsman
02-12-2005, 11:04 PM
well you're not ugly at all.

Well, thank you. Neither thought that girl that played part as my shadow at this concert I went to last night. Oh, God she was putting herself so close...if I wasn't obsessed with someone else, I seriously would have had something there. She wouldn't leave me alone, and at the same time, I must have been intimidating her, because she spoke not a word....I;m getting more wine now.

Gil
02-12-2005, 11:05 PM
egads, man?

Sonic Johnny
02-12-2005, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by Egadsman
First I must cook the hot dogs. I will not stick an uncooked piece of meat in my mouth. Second, I must know if this alignment is with ends poking out, or lengthwise across the cheeks.

just jam as many in as possible.

Egadsman
02-12-2005, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by Gil
egads, man?

The Tick Animated Series better be released on DVD, or someone will have to pay in an abominable way. I will head up the attack force, myself.

Egadsman
02-12-2005, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by Sonic Johnny

just jam as many in as possible.

I'm going to have to get back to you on this, but my guess woudl be: 5.

EXTRAVABONSOR
02-12-2005, 11:10 PM

Well, thank you. Neither thought that girl that played part as my shadow at this concert I went to last night. Oh, God she was putting herself so close...if I wasn't obsessed with someone else, I seriously would have had something there. She wouldn't leave me alone, and at the same time, I must have been intimidating her, because she spoke not a word....I;m getting more wine now. reminds me of when i saw the solo billy show. i was front center on the balcony and let this nice girl i met earlier that week stand in front of me because she was shorter. and for most of the concert she was shoving her ass into my crotch. she kept turning around and looking at me with the eye and i just looked back at her like psh whatever.

i was secretly like. whoa.

Egadsman
02-12-2005, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by Liquid-J
remember when we traded smashing pumpkins shows like 4 years ago or so?

Did we really? Did you know I keep detailed records of every trade and up until 6 months ago, even kept every package that was sent to me. THe mailers, I mean. I still have a couple of those too...I'm such a pack rat. What did you trade me? I'm sure I could remember.

Egadsman
02-12-2005, 11:11 PM
reminds me of when i saw the solo billy show. i was front center on the balcony* and let this nice girl i met earlier that week stand in front of me because she was shorter. and for most of the concert she was shoving her ass into my crotch. she kept turning around and looking at me with the eye and i just looked back at her like psh whatever.

i was secretly like. whoa.

See, this is a local show, so most likely, i'll see her again. But I still have no idea what I should do given my degree of: fucked up.

Liquid-J
02-12-2005, 11:11 PM

Did we really? Did you know I keep detailed records of every trade and up until 6 months ago, even kept every package that was sent to me. THe mailers, I mean. I still have a couple of those too...I'm such a pack rat. What did you trade me? I'm sure I could remember.

i don't remember. but that's how i knew what your name is, J.C.

Egadsman
02-12-2005, 11:13 PM

i don't remember. but that's how i knew what your name is, J.C.

Okay, TIME TO LOOK THROUGH THE ARCHIVES!

jenn
02-12-2005, 11:13 PM
what are your favorite personal hygiene products?

Egadsman
02-12-2005, 11:15 PM
what are your favorite personal hygiene products?

Oh shit, there's a buch of them. I can't do without my St. Ivles Body Wash. I'm also a whore to the Clean & Clear face moitserizer (coupled with St. Ilves Appricot Scrub) and I bought this great new moisterizes that Toasted Vanilla and Sugar scented. I just fell in love with it on first sniff and later realized why. It smells like my ex....

Egadsman
02-12-2005, 11:19 PM
OKAY! Found it!

Liquid-J (Netphoria)
Liquuid J (AIM)
The Smashing Pumpkins - Bootlist

If I remember correctly, I was trying to get the Fairfax show from you for a friend of mine, but something was wrong with it...second disc maybe? Or was that my second attempt? I think I also got 2:19:01 from you...or traded it to you. One of the other. I think I have a binder with all the exact detail around here somewhere. That's my obsessive compulsive disorder striking again.

EXTRAVABONSOR
02-12-2005, 11:21 PM
i think i like you egadsman

Liquid-J
02-12-2005, 11:21 PM
hahaha cool. can you erase my last name though? not like it's unknown here, but i'd just feel better. thanks man.

those dates ring a bell. one day the trading passion just flew right out of me and i never really looked back.

Gil
02-12-2005, 11:22 PM
hahaha cool. can you erase my last name though? not like it's unknown here, but i'd just feel better. thanks man.

those dates ring a bell. one day the trading passion just flew right out of me and i never really looked back. fuck you for having two first names.

Egadsman
02-12-2005, 11:24 PM

Your wish is my command.

Egadsman
02-12-2005, 11:25 PM
i think i like you egadsman

I'm a pretty likable guy when i'm not being an asshole, ****** lad.

Liquid-J
02-12-2005, 11:26 PM

Your wish is my command.

thanks man!

EXTRAVABONSOR
02-12-2005, 11:26 PM
i also like that your favorite guitarist is mark knopfler

Egadsman
02-12-2005, 11:27 PM
i also like that your favorite guitarist is mark knopfler

Are you also a J.J. Cale fan?

Sonic Johnny
02-12-2005, 11:30 PM
page 2.

http://www.soulwalking.co.uk/%A5Artist%20GIF%20Images/Barry-White-600.jpg

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yeeeeeeaaaaaaahh.

Egadsman
02-12-2005, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by Sonic Johnny
page 2.

http://www.soulwalking.co.uk/%A5Artist%20GIF%20Images/Barry-White-600.jpg

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yeeeeeeaaaaaaahh.

Oh a semi related note, Issac Hayes does not get enough respect for his musically careeer. Hot Buttered Soul is a hell of an album. Yes, I know who that is. I just don't have as much of a frame of reference.

EXTRAVABONSOR
02-12-2005, 11:34 PM

Are you also a J.J. Cale fan? would you judge me if i said i hadn't even heard anything by him?

Egadsman
02-12-2005, 11:41 PM
would you judge me if i said i hadn't even heard anything by him?

No, but I would devote my sober hours to a dedication of enlightement.

He penned: Cocaine, After Midnight, Call Me The Breeze, etc etc. Most people know him by his covers, but you really need to seek out the originator. He;s the orginator of the Tulas sound and Eric Clapton wouldn't be "slowhand" without him. He likes to refer to his recordings as "demos for others to record", but they are exception. He's my favorite artist. Period. If you like Mark Knopfler's "sweet note" style of playing, seek out J.J. He's where it originated from...well, I guess you could check out Mississippi John Hurt (who is awesome), but j.j. is the man. I'll be happy to help you on your way to enlightenment. It's a beautiful laid back sort of journey.

EXTRAVABONSOR
02-12-2005, 11:44 PM
ha. cocaine. i actually hate that song. im not a giant fan of eric clapton either but there is something to be admired with him. i just don't admire it.

any places to start with jj cale?

Egadsman
02-12-2005, 11:49 PM
ha. cocaine. i actually hate that song. im not a giant fan of eric clapton either but there is something to be admired with him. i just don't admire it.

any places to start with jj cale?

I would suggest the album: Tourbadour. Soild through and through. Some perfect songs on it. The 2CD anthology that came out a couple years back is nto haf bad, and remastered, but it all depends on the effort/money you want ot invest. It's worth it. J.J. is the man. The more you lean about him, the more you respect him, and the more you wish he was your next door neighbor. Just one of the those kinds of people. Critics and all like to lable his sound "laid" back. Yeah, it's that, but it's so much more. It's like one step from Nirvana (not the band). It's a beautiful, honest, humble and sweet wave of sound that sort of wraps around your mind and bleeds into you without you even realizing it. My favorite tune of his is a song called "Drifters Wife". The song is perfect, and it's been a favorite of me since just beyond I could walk. This man shaped me in some sort of way, and I thinK I'm better for it. I think anyone is better for investing their time in him. It has a calming, humble, honesty about it. It just feels nice.

Egadsman
02-13-2005, 12:22 AM
Oh, come on. I'm drunk and sentimental enough to answer anything. Why isn't anyone talking advantage of this?

EXTRAVABONSOR
02-13-2005, 12:23 AM
What would you do if you were wrong about what you thought it was all about?

Egadsman
02-13-2005, 12:30 AM
What would you do if you were wrong about what you thought it was all about?

I'd have to accept humility and the acceptance that fate has nothing in sport for me. They eiter don't exist of do not hold me in their comfort. At that, i would have to aquiece. I would have to adimt defeate and plead to those that I had done wrong that they may forgive me. I'd have to open myself to whatever and whomever may come my way, with no prejiduce and no malious. I'd have to accept that I am inferior to everyone else, and I would have to live life as such. Dreams be damned. Love be lost. Freind be vanquished. Life be to the wind. I would be without apathy, but without direction. A free spirit, lost, scared and virgin to the sun and the soil. I would be reborn. Possible too late. But I would have one thing ot relay upon. Fear. My faithfull friend, ever steadfast and always accompanying. He would be there, and I would lean upon him as my mother and let God show me the way.

Egadsman
02-13-2005, 02:56 AM
Okay, I threw up quite a bit. Talked to a good friend of mine. Then threw up some more. I AM DONE FOR THE NIGHT! Partial success, I would say. Could have gone much worse. Goodnight all, and let you be one with the fates.