View Full Version : Oh man, Southwest Airlines is fucking horrible.

sppunk
01-30-2005, 11:05 PM
I was forced to fly that shit this past Friday/Saturday, and I wanted to shoot everyone on the goddamn plane.

Instead of seats, they should just put handrails like in subways, I'm sure they can get more people in there that way. Instead of planes, just call them planbus, because it's like public transit in a third-world country.

And what the hell do the stewardess' sing and tell jokes for? It's not a carnival, it's a short flight - just shut the fuck up and get me there safely.

Ugh, I'll never fly that shitty airline ever again.

neopryn
01-30-2005, 11:06 PM
i've never been on a plane =/

Gil
01-30-2005, 11:14 PM
Heh it totally is like riding the bus.

I don't care really, its cheap :p

Liquid-J
01-30-2005, 11:16 PM
i don't like the way they do seating at all

3Marlon3Brando
01-30-2005, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by sppunk
I was forced to fly that shit this past Friday/Saturday, and I wanted to shoot everyone on the goddamn plane.

Instead of seats, they should just put handrails like in subways, I'm sure they can get more people in there that way. Instead of planes, just call them planbus, because it's like public transit in a third-world country.

And what the hell do the stewardess' sing and tell jokes for? It's not a carnival, it's a short flight - just shut the fuck up and get me there safely.

Ugh, I'll never fly that shitty airline ever again.

was first class really that bad

Quagmire
01-30-2005, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by Gil

I don't care really, its cheap :p

Ghetto_Squirrel
01-30-2005, 11:25 PM
I love Southwest.

It's cheap.

There are no classes.

There are no assigned seats.

They have the lowest-paid CEO of any major airline.

SuckSuckStyle
01-30-2005, 11:26 PM
i think i'm flying jet blue this weekend. we'll see how that goes. at least it's nonstop.

alexthestampede
01-30-2005, 11:27 PM
southwest is a shameful airway

Sepiae
Independence Air is cheap but they still have really good service. Plus they give out hot towels! :eek:

Quagmire
they are the only airline that is in the black

sppunk
01-31-2005, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by ******
they are the only airline that is in the black Not true.

jenniferkate
01-31-2005, 12:18 AM
nothing can be as bad as ATA

obscured01
01-31-2005, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by Ghetto_Squirrel
I love Southwest.

It's cheap.

There are no classes.

There are no assigned seats.

They have the lowest-paid CEO of any major airline.

<font color="dab9ea">I always fly southwest, because it is so cheap. I like it, I've never had a problem with them.</font>

Eulogy
I have never flown Southwest.

Then again, I could probably count on one hand the airlines I have flown on.

mirrar
is this like an american jetsgo? if so i want to experience it. i love ghetto airlines.

sppunk
Originally posted by SuckSuckStyle
i think i'm flying jet blue this weekend. we'll see how that goes. at least it's nonstop. Jet Blue is nice, my second-favorite behind American.

Liquid-J
01-31-2005, 12:21 AM
i love jet blue

sppunk
01-31-2005, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by Liquid-J
i love jet blue Sometimes I think we're lost siblings. Then I realize we're not and get emotional.

wally
01-31-2005, 12:30 AM
i flew song on the redeye from vegas to west palm. the satellite tv was cool and the little music trivia game was fun. i actually enjoyed it

obscured01
01-31-2005, 12:33 AM
<font color="dab9ea">The only thing that sucks is when you get stuck on those little tiny planes. Like the 30 seaters or so. Although I haven't been on one of those with southwest in forever. The flights from here to Dallas Love are pretty big jets that are always absolutely packed.</font>

sppunk
01-31-2005, 12:35 AM
That's why I hate Southwest - it's a fucking bus. They stop at practically every town in between and are so full you can't breath. We had fucking luggage in the aisle, and stopped twice on a flight path that, nonstop, wouldn't take an hour a half. Fuck them, never flying it again - even though I didn't even pay for this trip.

obscured01
01-31-2005, 12:36 AM
That's why I hate Southwest - it's a fucking bus. They stop at practically every town in between and are so full you can't breath. We had fucking luggage in the aisle, and stopped twice on a flight path that, nonstop, wouldn't take an hour a half. Fuck them, never flying it again - even though I didn't even pay for this trip.

<font color="dab9ea">Do you normally fly first class?</font>

Ghetto_Squirrel
01-31-2005, 12:36 AM
Oh, another good thing about Southwest is that the crew is always really laid-back.

sppunk
01-31-2005, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by obscured01

<font color="dab9ea">Do you normally fly first class?</font> No, not normally. For most flights (less than three hours) it's not worth the extra charge. If I'm going overseas or on a cross-country flight, generally yes.

obscured01
01-31-2005, 12:37 AM
Oh, another good thing about Southwest is that the crew is always really laid-back.

<font color="dab9ea">I don't know. I've had some terrible flight crews on southwest. But then I have on other airlines too. Idon't judge the airline for that, I just think the person is bitchy.</font>

alexthestampede
01-31-2005, 12:39 AM
ahh, southwest reminds me of when i was back in india

http://www.artsci.wustl.edu/~ssen/Pict7.jpg

Ghetto_Squirrel
01-31-2005, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by alexthestampede

All I meant is that every crew I've had at Southwest would totally offer you a drag off their joint if they knew having one wouldn't be a federal violation for a couple of reasons.

SuckSuckStyle
01-31-2005, 12:43 AM
i really like continental. never had a problem with them. got stuck in houston once because of weather and they took good care of me.

will never fly northwest again

united is so-so. i was satsified the past few times i flew w/them.

havent flown delta in a while, but also might fly that this weekend.

the majority of my flights in the past few years have been on continental and i was very pleased.

tootsie
01-31-2005, 12:47 AM
i usually fly delta.

the planes are so small out of billings though.

i have to start drinking before i get on and keep drinking until i touch down.

sppunk
01-31-2005, 12:51 AM
My thoughts:

ATA is, as mentioned by jk, really bad.
Delta is full of rude people and stopping in Atlanta sucks.
Continental is OK, but have service issues and stopping in Houston sucks.
United is odd and the impending bankrupcy means I'll never fly them.
American is my favorite, great on-time record and nice clean planes. Also service practically every city you need to travel to with nonstop flights (incredibly important).
Midwest is decent, but overpriced often.
Northwest is horrendous - our plane caught on fire once after takeoff and, after the emergency landing, tried to get everyone back on the plane to continue on to Manchester, N.H.
Alaska Air is awesome, but can't really fly it except for specific plans.
JetBlue is super cool, just have off-service cities that are hard to get in to.
Southwest, mentioned above.
British Air is very nice and the help is fantastic. Good food usually, too.
Japan Air is probably the nicest airline out there. Great service and incredible food.
Lufthansa used to be very good, but last time I flew them had a bad experience. Oh, and you gotta go through Berlin to get anywhere.
Aeroflot is really bad, but it's Russian so it's all you can expect. :)
Alitalia is nice if you get the right onboard crew, it ranges so much. Oh, plus that whole "we might not be flying tomorrow" is tricky.

RopeyLopey
01-31-2005, 01:09 AM

Lufthansa used to be very good, but last time I flew them had a bad experience. Oh, and you gotta go through Berlin to get anywhere.
you mean Frankfurt, right?

RopeyLopey
01-31-2005, 01:13 AM
Czech Airlines - excellent.
Austrian Airlines - I have the best experience with them so far.
Alitalia - if it weren't for the price, I'd have never flown with them. But the price issue means I almost always end up flying with them :(.
Air France - slightly better than Alitalia.

sppunk
01-31-2005, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by RopeyLopey
you mean Frankfurt, right? Oh snap, you're right!

Injektilo
01-31-2005, 01:26 AM
Is southwest really that cheap? I'm looking for a ticket from buffalo or detroit to Austin in march, and Southwest wasn't any cheaper than Delta or American or United...

any hints or tricks to pass along?

sppunk
01-31-2005, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by Injektilo
Is southwest really that cheap? I'm looking for a ticket from buffalo or detroit to Austin in march, and Southwest wasn't any cheaper than Delta or American or United...

any hints or tricks to pass along? I don't think so - and even if they are, a few dollars doesn't make up for the shit experience. They do have specials randomly for $30/each way, but that's only to real exact destinations.

And man, a flight fom Buffalo to Austin would stop like 11 times! Fuck Southwest's system of "flying."

Pinnacle
01-31-2005, 02:12 AM
I have to agree with most of you and say how much I despise Southwest. If you want to see firsthand how bad they really are watch the TV show Airline on A&E on Monday nights at 10:00 and tell me you would rather save $50 to be put through that bullshit.

I only flew US Air once, but it was one of the best flights I've ever had. KLM is also excellent. Great food, free drinks in coach, and plenty of staff.

alexthestampede
01-31-2005, 02:13 AM
i have free travel on government airlines for life because i won the congressional medal of honor in iraq (94')

pink_ribbon_scars
01-31-2005, 02:32 AM
i think southweat is amazing in that i fly home RT for $84, but beyond that it's extremely fucking ammoying to be sung dumb songs and such. i usually got on and fall asleep until i am home.

jczeroman
01-31-2005, 01:38 PM
never flown southwest

I've done:

Alaska (nice)
PAN-AM (:erm)
American (good for long trips, crappy for short ones)
Delta (meh)
United (double meh)
British Airways (good, better food)
Frontier (comfortable)
Continental (don't remember)

And I believe that's it.

jenn
01-31-2005, 01:50 PM
I hate flying Southwest, but I like that it's so cheap. I generally just take a Valuum before going.

Jet Blue is my favorite.

The Light
01-31-2005, 03:21 PM
I think we can all agree on that, UGH. I only fly Alaska if I can help it.

Quagmire
01-31-2005, 03:25 PM
i only fly southwest to vegas or AZ or something like that. generally i sleep the entire flight anyway.

i flew northwest to HI and it wasnt too bad. american to HI was eh.

yo soy el mejor
01-31-2005, 06:06 PM
who cares?! ive flown SW and no one ever sang to me. and there werent any stops. it wasnt full.

i flew frontier.. and it was nice. i got the window. and there was an empty seat between me and the other guy. so i got to spread out. he said it was okay. there was free tv. but you had to pay for sound. whatevs.

and delta was fine with me. because .. i forget why. but i remember one time there were only 8 people on the flight so we could sit wherever we wanted. the stewardess was pretty bored. so she chatted it up with a few people. i fell asleep.

plus. you get free snacks and drinks! these little cracker cookie tasting things were so good. and i got all the apple juice i could handle. which was only one can. but still.

jenniferkate
01-31-2005, 06:24 PM
Delta is full of rude people and stopping in Atlanta sucks.

the stewardesses on my only delta flight ever were all overbearingly attentive but i'm assuming that had just a little something to do with it being first class. my brother was stuck in coach and said the staff acted like working was a big inconvenience.

the atlanta airport scares me.

the ATA staff i dealt with were a bunch of miserable witches. but i sat next to a tom berenger clone so the flight was bearable.

noyen
01-31-2005, 06:52 PM
southwest has always been fine for me. the stewardesses are always flirty and act like they want to fuck. last time i sat in the very back of the plane one of them came up to me and gave me a scotch and soda and winked and said "watch this". she proceeded to walk up the entire length of the plane at various intervals with a tray of empty cups. she would spasm and the cups would go everywhere and people would jump in their seats. it was awesome.

Travis Meekz
01-31-2005, 07:21 PM
Continental is good. US Airways isn't bad, plus I'm elite with them so I usually get first class.

anybody ever fly with Hooters?

Travis Meekz
01-31-2005, 07:22 PM
and this Soutwest shit it crazy. I would never fly with them after reading this stuff

Nimrod's Son
01-31-2005, 07:27 PM
You fly an airline without seat assignments and you expect it to be good?

Seriously though, I like JetBlue and AmericaWest and those are also cheap, but offer good service

noyen
01-31-2005, 07:36 PM
lets face it, they're all the same shit with a different brand name unless you're flying in a concorde. when you get on a plane, you're getting ass raped with a carton of EGGS, and you're going to like your stupid peanuts and 1/4 cup of crunk juice.

Mariner
01-31-2005, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by noyen
...one of them came up to me and gave me a scotch and soda and winked and said "watch this". she proceeded to walk up the entire length of the plane at various intervals with a tray of empty cups. she would spasm and the cups would go everywhere and people would jump in their seats.

beautiful.

relaxor!
02-02-2005, 04:09 AM
I liked Alaska the best when my parents would pay for it. Now it's Southwest all the time, which is all right. Their interior color scheme makes me want to vomit though. Which especially increases when people in their overly-tight seat (I'll give you that) are vomiting. Fuck I hate Southwest actually.
American would be nice if they changed their fucking exteriors now and again. Their fleet with its rusted, streaked glossy steel paint job look like they're from the 30's, not the 70's. Jesus. Get some upkeep.

Trotskilicious
02-02-2005, 04:22 AM
Originally posted by jczeroman

British Airways (good, better food)

That's impossible. Nothing that has anything to do with Britain can have good food.

relaxor!
02-02-2005, 04:23 AM
I believe certain regions of their former overseas empire do!

barden
02-02-2005, 04:30 AM
Sometimes I think we're lost siblings. Then I realize we're not and get emotional.

Hey, at least you can still have sex!

barden
02-02-2005, 04:32 AM
I continued to read this thread.
Then I remembered American Airline dramas have no impact on my life, in any way, shape, or form, whatsoever.

So I stopped.

Sorry guys.

Trotskilicious
02-02-2005, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by relaxor!
I believe certain regions of their former overseas empire do!

Perhaps that's the real reason behind British colonial conquest. They were tired of eating blood sausage and mutton so they took over India and a number of other countries.

<font size="1">"England...
WHAT?
What's that behind your back?
Oh. It's just India and a number of other countries.
Give 'em back.
Oh all right, there's that one and that one and that one. The Faulkand Islands. OH WE NEED THE FAULKLAND ISLANDS! For strategic...sheep purposes."

jczeroman
02-02-2005, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by Trotskilicious

That's impossible. Nothing that has anything to do with Britain can have good food.

lol... I blame my exterme disposition to pickiness on the fact that my parents almost exclusively ate british food. IT took forever for me to learn to tolerate anythign that wasn't bland.

meow
02-02-2005, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by Mirror_Untrue
is this like an american jetsgo? if so i want to experience it. i love ghetto airlines.

isnt that the one you can fly for $20.05?

avian chaos
02-02-2005, 04:22 PM
I rode SW when my room mate and her dad took me to Disneyland last year. I liked the plane ride, and I thought it was cool how they told jokes. The pilot was really funny, too. I had never rode a plane before, though, so I guess it was just calming to me...

phaedrus
02-02-2005, 05:56 PM
Best flight i ever had was on Canada North airlines from Ottawa to Iqaluit, Nunavut. 3 hour flight on an almost-empty 737, with absolutely great inflight meals and service.

mirrar
02-02-2005, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by meow

isnt that the one you can fly for $20.05? no. they trick you with that shit because it's always only one way, you have to pay the regular fare on the way back AND you get assraped with taxes on that cheap flight anyway.

relaxor!
02-02-2005, 07:47 PM

Perhaps that's the real reason behind British colonial conquest. They were tired of eating blood sausage and mutton so they took over India and a number of other countries.

WHAT?
Give 'em back.
Oh all right, there's that one and that one and that one. The Faulkand Islands. OH WE NEED THE FAULKLAND ISLANDS! For strategic...sheep purposes." Haha, seriously. Did they really need the Faulklands? Stingy bastards. If I were the Argentines I would take them by force too.

killer_tomato
02-02-2005, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by relaxor!
Haha, seriously. Did they really need the Faulklands? Stingy bastards. If I were the Argentines I would take them by force too.
the falklands war was quite popular at home and distracted people from the fact that unemployment tripled under thatcher.

relaxor!
02-02-2005, 08:54 PM
Well, while I didn't know that, it seems like the 80's was too late a time for the British to really try to enforce one of its colonies with military force. I mean, talk about a dream for the military hierarchy.

Trotskilicious
02-02-2005, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by killer_tomato

the falklands war was quite popular at home and distracted people from the fact that unemployment tripled under thatcher.

Sounds like Reagan!

Travis Meekz
02-02-2005, 11:06 PM
Argentina shouldn't have dressed so slutty in the first place

kiwi
02-02-2005, 11:11 PM
WHAT?
Give 'em back.
Oh all right, there's that one and that one and that one. The Faulkand Islands. OH WE NEED THE FAULKLAND ISLANDS! For strategic...sheep purposes."
No. This is our country now.

Why?

Because we have a FLAG! do YOU have a flag?

murgle
02-02-2005, 11:14 PM
WHAT?
Give 'em back.

:love:

Lie
02-03-2005, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by jczeroman
lol... I blame my exterme disposition to pickiness on the fact that my parents almost exclusively ate british food. IT took forever for me to learn to tolerate anythign that wasn't bland.

Regardless, British Airways has surprisingly tolerable food.

alexthestampede
02-03-2005, 12:30 AM
i heart reagan and thatcher

Lie
02-03-2005, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by noyen
southwest has always been fine for me. the stewardesses are always flirty and act like they want to fuck. last time i sat in the very back of the plane one of them came up to me and gave me a scotch and soda and winked and said "watch this". she proceeded to walk up the entire length of the plane at various intervals with a tray of empty cups. she would spasm and the cups would go everywhere and people would jump in their seats. it was awesome.

I haven't flown Southwest since I was like seven and even then I picked up on how flirty the stewardesses were. That's the only reason I can think of that my grandpa would have flown exclusively Southwest for years when he could have afforded any airline.

spring
02-03-2005, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by obscured01
<font color="dab9ea">The only thing that sucks is when you get stuck on those little tiny planes. Like the 30 seaters or so. </font>

i've only flown those a couple of times, actually this summer was the first time, and I reallllllly loved them! I like how on the left there's only one seat between the windows and the isles. Also, those are pretty fast planes....