View Full Version : In Good Company

Liquid-J
01-10-2005, 02:08 AM
looks like a good movie to me. i wish it were R instead of PG-13, but hey. i think i will see it with another male and put my arm around his shoulder when he's not looking :o

homechicago
01-10-2005, 02:35 AM
it looks entertaining. i'll probably see it next weekend.

3Marlon3Brando
01-15-2005, 10:30 PM
i saw this today. i liked it a lot. it ended good too.

3Marlon3Brando
01-15-2005, 10:31 PM
and scarlet johansosnfosno is so pretty

Sepiae
01-15-2005, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by 3Marlon3Brando

The ending was good, but something about it didn't sit well with me. It needed to negotiate better between home life and work life. Crucial parts were glossed over.

3Marlon3Brando
01-15-2005, 10:34 PM
i just like how the relationship between topher grace and scarlet johnasnsonso played out. it could have been pretty cheesy, but i like how they ended it.

murgle
01-15-2005, 10:37 PM
I want to see this.

I really need to catch up on seeing "current" movies. The last time I went to the movies was... Ocean's 12? I think...

bornentertainer
01-15-2005, 10:42 PM
Yeah I want to see this too. But....I really doubt my boyfriend will, so I'll probably end up renting it eventually.

murgle
01-16-2005, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by bornentertainer
Yeah I want to see this too. But....I really doubt my boyfriend will, so I'll probably end up renting it eventually.

Yeah. I think the only way I'll get my boyfriend to go see it with me is because Scarlett Johanssen is in it.

Sepiae
01-16-2005, 02:21 PM
She wears a ridiculously short skirt in one scene, if that helps. There was a definite audience reaction.

Also, it's less love story and more Dennis Quaid.

I'm still trying to decide how I feel about it...

sweetmusk
01-16-2005, 05:32 PM
and scarlet johansosnfosno is so pretty

yeah i may see this just because i think she is a total babe.

Liquid-J
01-16-2005, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by sweetmusk

yeah i may see this just because i think she is a total babe.

same. and 70s show guy is pretty funny. i know his name is topher grace, i just prefer to say 70s show guy.

Orenthal James
01-16-2005, 05:37 PM
I saw it and liked it. I was only upset because it seemed like the ending was written only to go against the norm, and to not seem cheesy. I like the cheesy endings, it makes me happy.

Also, Scarlett Johansson is amazingly beautiful in that movie. Oh. My. God.

I swear. and her voice, and everything.

I want to watch it again, but i want it to end differently.

yo soy el mejor
01-16-2005, 06:05 PM
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATEVER!

sppunk
01-16-2005, 06:06 PM
It was suprisingly good. The acting was decent, but the storytelling made up for that.

SuckSuckStyle
01-16-2005, 06:31 PM
i saw it. it made me want to call my dad.

Thad
01-17-2005, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by murgle

Yeah. I think the only way I'll get my boyfriend to go see it with me is because Scarlett Johanssen is in it.

This worked on me. The movie itself was better than I expected.

pale_princess
01-17-2005, 02:43 AM
just got in from seeing this, really enjoyed it.
what's with this whole hip soundtrack thing that's going on these days? i heard the shins, sufjan stevens and iron & wine. i mean, i like all of these bands. it's just creepy that they're all in, like, every movie i see and the oc. i mean, i like those, too...

Fattening Ass
01-17-2005, 03:05 AM
a chick flick if i ever seen one.

Fattening Ass
01-17-2005, 03:06 AM
in the sense that you'd want to go see this with your "girl".

-derek-
01-17-2005, 03:14 AM
Originally posted by pale_princess
just got in from seeing this, really enjoyed it.
what's with this whole hip soundtrack thing that's going on these days? i heard the shins, sufjan stevens and iron & wine. i mean, i like all of these bands. it's just creepy that they're all in, like, every movie i see and the oc. i mean, i like those, too...

hmm, I only heard Iron & Wine (3 songs, no less) out of those three, and there was a Damien Rice song as well....but the Iron & Wine song that plays over the credits is ridiculously good.

- derek

Mayfuck
01-17-2005, 03:40 AM
Originally posted by Sepiae
She wears a ridiculously short skirt in one scene, if that helps. There was a definite audience reaction.

Also, it's less love story and more Dennis Quaid.

I'm still trying to decide how I feel about it...

hey i think this thread may be of interest to you

http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=83050

spring
01-17-2005, 03:41 AM

yeah...when i first saw the trailers for it i really wanted to see this movie, but they pretty much gave the whole story away... I don't understand why they do that so often these days.

pale_princess
01-17-2005, 04:18 AM
Originally posted by -derek-

hmm, I only heard Iron & Wine (3 songs, no less) out of those three, and there was a Damien Rice song as well....but the Iron & Wine song that plays over the credits is ridiculously good.

- derek

oh. i'd never heard damien rice. he sounds like sufjan stevens kinda.