View Full Version : Phase II-Unsurfaced Metro Videos

Richard D. James
08-01-2002, 04:29 PM
To help celebrate it's 10 year anniversary of switching from a gay bar to a mecca of young and up-and-coming talent, the Metro asked the Smashing Pumpkins to play two shows. The tapes recently surfaced and almost fell through the cracks...well no more! The tapes are now on their way to a trusted source for an audio extraction process! You thought I was hoarding! WRONG!! You thought I didn't get the videos! WRONG!!

Now we start phase II. There was a pretty good response as to contributions to help pay for the videos, and due to a couple of people and ebay auctions, these tapes cost a pretty penny. The contributions ranged widly, but everyone was willing to give what they could, which was awesome. Now, we have to move on, because I don't feel like eating Ramen Noodles and bologna for the rest of the year, I need to recoup this money.

There were 4 people, who will remain nameless whose contributions were more than double everyone elses, so I have been talking to them individually as to how to handle this, and these are the rules:

1) There are two shows, one acoustic, about 76 minutes, and one electric show, about 1:36 minutes.

2) If you want these shows, you can "buy" them. DON'T START WITH THE WHINING OF "Why are you selling bootlegs!?!?" I use the term "buying" loosely. Since 99% of the contributions were at or over the buying price, it is the same thing.

3) The prices are as follows:

-For the acoustic show it is $9. It will come on one 80 minute disc.

-For the electric show, you have two choices, the first is you can spend $11 for two 80 minute discs, or $12 for one 99 minute disc. The reason for the extra buck is that the 99 minute discs are a little more expensive.

-So, therefore, if you want both shows on regular 80 minute discs, you pay $20. If you want both shows and want the 99 minute disc, you pay $21.

-You can buy one show only, but would be preferred if you buy both. Up to you.

-Your price INCLUDES the discs themselves, shipping, and packing materials. YOU DO NOT SUPPLY ANYTHING BUT MONEY. We have all done enough B+P's and trees in our life to know that those things are just a supreme pain in the ass. If you are overseas, ******* an extra $4 for shipping. If you are ordering more than one show, it is $4 total extra, not each show. Sorry, but it costs more for longer shipping.

4) The first 30 or so people that email me at gkavchak@yahoo.com with their "order" will be the lucky ones. Once the slots are full, I will email everyone involved with my address and ask for payment. Once I receive your payment, I will send off your list to the audio source and they will copy the discs and get your package ready.

5) To avoid people trading this show before people contribtuting get theirs, ALL packages will be mailed out at the same time.

6) This price includes AUDIO ONLY! No video yet, that should be phase III.

7) I am not looking to make ANY money off of this deal. I am trying to recoup most of the money that this has/is going to cost me and the major contributors.

8) If you want to "buy" one of these shows, you need to e-mail me with the following information:

-Name
-Email Address
-Home Address-or school address, wherever you will be past August 28th
-Phone Number(just in case)
-What show(s) you want,and if you want the electric show, whether the one long disc or two normal, and how you would prefer to pay

I hope that about covers it. I will post when the offer is closed. If you have any questions, please post them here and I will try and answer them as soon as possible.

We are trying to make this as easy as possible for everyone. Please don't gripe or complain about not being able to afford this and how we are charging money, I don't want to hear it. If you can't scrape up twenty bucks, then bully someone. The setlists should be up at the definitive source (SPFC) soon. Trust me, I think the setlists are fantastic, and the electric show is incredible, so if you are a fan of early Pumpkins, you are in for a real treat.

*deep breath* All right, next step, get your money ready and flood the hell out of my email address. Let's get this done!

Regards,

Greg

Sacred Age Of Innocence
08-01-2002, 04:44 PM
I'm sorry but it is unfair that people who wanted to win & pay for the auctions couldn't because alot of people on here ruined it for them.

Halteh
08-01-2002, 04:48 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Richard D. James:
6) This price includes AUDIO ONLY! No video yet, that should be phase III.
</font>

oooooohhh......Does this have something to do with the Machina Mystery?

------------------
"the guy's probably got a chart of leetness sitting by his computer where he keeps track of who's better than who" - bk
Fares Halteh - Halteh3 AT rogers DOT com L33+ Trading Page (http://members.rogers.com/halteh3/main.html)

Halteh
08-01-2002, 04:49 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Sacred Age Of Innocence:
I'm sorry but it is unfair that people who wanted to win & pay for the auctions couldn't because alot of people on here ruined it for them.</font>

Go cry to seller about it, I'm sure he'd love to hear from you.

------------------
"the guy's probably got a chart of leetness sitting by his computer where he keeps track of who's better than who" - bk
Fares Halteh - Halteh3 AT rogers DOT com L33+ Trading Page (http://members.rogers.com/halteh3/main.html)

Richard D. James
08-01-2002, 04:59 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Sacred Age Of Innocence:
I'm sorry but it is unfair that people who wanted to win & pay for the auctions couldn't because alot of people on here ruined it for them.</font>

Wow, it only took one post for people to complain. Fantastic! Look, you wouldn't have won through Ebay anyway because I would have outbid you anyway and you would be getting a higher generation even if you DID win. People like YOU are the reason why things never come out.

Sacred Age Of Innocence
08-01-2002, 05:06 PM

Wow, it only took one post for people to complain. Fantastic! Look, you wouldn't have won through Ebay anyway because I would have outbid you anyway and you would be getting a higher generation even if you DID win. People like YOU are the reason why things never come out. </font>

There is no way you would have outbid one person I know who wanted them & that is a fact. I don't care how much you pooled together.

Jason Smith
08-01-2002, 05:08 PM
Oh Jesus Christ people. Stop the whining and finger pointing. Just shut up already.

Halteh
08-01-2002, 05:20 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Jason Smith:
Oh Jesus Christ people. Stop the whining and finger pointing. Just shut up already.</font>

Thannk you!
David, please just stop now, you are making a total ass of yourself.

------------------
"i've collected alot more rare things from different artists in all genres then anyone around. I collect to collect, whether I like the artist or not" - takenbyallie

Sacred Age Of Innocence
08-01-2002, 05:21 PM
Fine think whatever the fuck you want.

Fonzie
08-01-2002, 05:29 PM
Can you let un know here when the 30 or so places have been filled?

------------------
http://www.fiftiesweb.com/fashion/fonzie.jpg

glued_on_wings
08-01-2002, 05:51 PM
Well i guess i can swing 20$ since that is what i was orginally going to contribute. Congrats, on getting these vids out..

Rock On..

------------------
- I use music (http://www.gluedsboots.cjb.net) as some kind of weird salvation to get away from life... -
-We will miss you!! The Smashing Pumpkins (1988-2000) -
Sad Machines Audio Archive (http://www.crosswinds.net/~sadmachines)
Glued On Wings FTP (ftp://smashing:pumpkins@sadmachines.d2g.com)

starlightvideoproductions
08-01-2002, 06:21 PM
I'll still make a dvd of the video, that is if you are willing to let me borrow that video.

Dead
08-01-2002, 06:31 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by starlightvideoproductions:
I'll still make a dvd of the video, that is if you are willing to let me borrow that video.</font>

That's phase III dammit!

Way to go Greg. http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/biggrin.gif

Is 30 people going to cover your cost?

glued_on_wings
08-01-2002, 06:35 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Dead:
That's phase III dammit!

Is 30 people going to cover your cost?</font>

Well 30 people x 20$ a piece = 600$

I would hope they didnt cost much more then that.. So it probally should..

Rock On...

------------------
- I use music (http://www.gluedsboots.cjb.net) as some kind of weird salvation to get away from life... -

darcy_is_sexy
08-01-2002, 06:49 PM
You've got mail, greg.

Esty
08-01-2002, 06:58 PM
You have mail.

------------------
http://www.gamegen.com/fightgen/characters/felicia-entrancetaunt.gif You fight great, but I'm a great fighter!!!!

GrungeGuy
08-01-2002, 07:42 PM
Since I don't know all the details of how the videos were obtained other than that they were uncirculated and on ebay, I will just wait for the SHN's.

------------------
It's just sexual attraction. Not somethin' real so I'd rather keep wackin'.
I miss my hair
Bootlist (http://ericbootlist.cjb.net/)(finally updated)

08-01-2002, 08:01 PM
That's phase III dammit!

Is 30 people going to cover your cost?</font>

Oh, thats greg? I'm used to his Hub name http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/smile.gif Doh!

The Gaddrow
08-01-2002, 08:19 PM
You've got mail.

Thanks once again for all your efforts.

I was wondering what others thoughts /feelings were on this...

Have you considered sending the shows in SHN format? I know I would prefer to get them that way, as I archive all my new shows on SHN and they should both fit on two discs. Just a thought to save people some time / money /whatever.

------------------
petrifiedreadhed (10:32:18 PM): the one man band is in Vince's pants??

jlo
08-01-2002, 08:38 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by glued_on_wings:
Well i guess i can swing 20$ since that is what i was orginally going to contribute. Congrats, on getting these vids out..

Rock On..

</font>

Precisely the same amount i was willing to contribute. Greg, I`ve sent you an email!!!

------------------
My bootpage: http://jlo.paginas.sapo.pt/

jlo
08-01-2002, 08:39 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by The Gaddrow:
You've got mail.

Have you considered sending the shows in SHN format? I know I would prefer to get them that way, as I archive all my new shows on SHN and they should both fit on two discs. Just a thought to save people some time / money /whatever.

</font>

------------------

Rhinoceros
08-01-2002, 09:34 PM
forgive me if I'm asking a stupid question, but what are the dates of these two particular shows?

jlo
08-01-2002, 09:43 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Rhinoceros:
forgive me if I'm asking a stupid question, but what are the dates of these two particular shows?</font>

Are you blind?
http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/Forum3/HTML/003556.html

------------------

glued_on_wings
08-01-2002, 10:56 PM

</font>

Yeah i was wondering the same thing. Im still willing to pay the 20$ but i would prefer to get them in shn.. It may also move the process on a little faster. And im willing to host them for other people who have paid to grab off me..

Rock On..

------------------

Richard D. James
08-01-2002, 11:37 PM
Hey everybody, just a status on what is going on:

-I got a bunch of emails and it is great to see, especially since about a third of them are from out of country!

-I am getting a lot of questions about the generation of the videos...they are straight from the masters, so I guess you would call them VID1. The seller didn't even make a copy for himself.

-I am getting some questions about setlists...patience. The acoustic has music from Pisces, Gish, and SD. The electric is the same. I personally feel the electric show is awesome. Billy is just way gone, and although this might be a long time away, he is in a flowered dress and James looks like he is in a mini-skirt...

-I have also been getting comments about selling boots and the price of the videos. Look people, I am not making any money on this. I have been a long time fan, and a lot of cool people have helped me out and given me some great stuff and I am trying to get this out. As for the price of the videos, please don't ask, because I won't tell. The only people that know are the 4 major contributors. It was more than should have been spent, but less than we could have.

-For the people that buy the audio will get the first crack at the video. You should be rewarded for being loyal and contributing and not just waiting for it on the hub.

-One it is out of my hands, I don't care what people do with it. You want to sell it on ebay, that is your choice. You want to put it on the hub for people to leech it, that is fine. You want to hoard it? Even better.

-Everyone who has mailed me as of BEFORE this message is in the final 30 or so. There are still some slots left, not many, but some. As soon as this fills up an email will go out and people should start selling money. If money is not received by the due date, the next person in line will get the shows. I don't mean to sound like a dick, but I just want this to go as smooth as possible.

-Any questions, please email me or AIM:GKAVCHAK

Goodnight...

-Greg

np: Guardians Of The Earth-Starchildren/Paul Van Dyk

seign
08-02-2002, 12:05 AM

I don't want to get into a whole rant about hording, but you're looking pretty damn greedy right now. I don't see what good holding on to these shows for yourself would have accomplished. The way it worked out, everyone who wanted them got a chance without paying a crazy amount of money. Everybody wins in this situation. Even you.

And Greg, I think its awesome that you pulled this thing together. One of the coolest things to happen to the SP trading community in a while. 30 or so strangers on an internet message board pooling their money for a common interest. I really didn't think it was going to work out.

s00p3rm4n
08-02-2002, 02:42 AM
I also want to praise greg on this.

This is something that a *lot* of people in the SP community (esp. here) were pissing their pants about "losing," only to find it thankfully wasn't lost.

And I find your method of distribution to be the only sound, logical way of giving people what they want, and recoup the money/time/effort/blood/bile/ice cream you spent in getting those videos.

was the sound coming from the camera, or was it some kind of SBD or separate mic rig?

btw, I e-mailed you earlier... and I'm Superman on the hub, if you want a faster way of getting in touch.

again, thank you for setting this up.

seth :-D

severin
08-02-2002, 02:58 AM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by glued_on_wings:
Yeah i was wondering the same thing. Im still willing to pay the 20$ but i would prefer to get them in shn.. It may also move the process on a little faster

</font>
me too thinks so....

Boycott Graceland
08-02-2002, 04:47 AM
Billy is just way gone, and although this might be a long time away, he is in a flowered dress and James looks like he is in a mini-skirt...</font>

huh. maybe it's that show he always talked about where his mom finally showed up to one of his shows and he was in a dress...it's in chicago, after all.

Pmack
08-02-2002, 07:32 AM

There is no way you would have outbid one person I know who wanted them & that is a fact. I don't care how much you pooled together.</font>

Money talks, bullshit walks. Greg's got the videos and you and your imaginary friend are left whining about it. Shut your piehole.

Sacred Age Of Innocence
08-02-2002, 09:50 AM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Pmack:
Money talks, bullshit walks. Greg's got the videos and you and your imaginary friend are left whining about it. Shut your piehole.</font>

Oh please, should I duck & run now because you said so, get the fuck out of here, mr i need my ego massaged by people on the net.

Pmack
08-02-2002, 11:20 AM
Oh please, should I duck & run now because you said so</font>

No. Do it because you're too goddamned stupid to know when you've been called out as a chump.

Any time you hear a second-place runner moaning about how they 'could have been first, except __________', you know you're dealing with a crybaby. You weren't good enough. Deal with it and move on.

- Dave

s00p3rm4n
08-02-2002, 12:02 PM
ROFLMAO. that's all there is to it, goddamnity!

Sacred Age Of Innocence
08-02-2002, 12:22 PM
No. Do it because you're too goddamned stupid to know when you've been called out as a chump.

Any time you hear a second-place runner moaning about how they 'could have been first, except __________', you know you're dealing with a crybaby. You weren't good enough. Deal with it and move on.

- Dave</font>

Oh yeah so many people weren't good enough because some ruined the chance to let it stay on ebay & let the best person win so shove it fatboy.

Oh so typical that another kiss ass shows up under a different alias.

Have a nice day all.

Richard D. James
08-02-2002, 12:31 PM
Oh yeah so many people weren't good enough because some ruined the chance to let it stay on ebay & let the best person win so shove it fatboy.

Oh so typical that another kiss ass shows up under a different alias.

Have a nice day all.

</font>

*laugh* I am sorry...I have to reply to this. Now the people that win the auction are the "best" people out there? Fatboy? Real mature. You need to grow up. I don't think that I am kissing Dave's ass, I am just recognizing the fact that when I go to SPFC.com and look at a tour date or go to see what promos and releases there are out there, that it would not be there without him. I have been to the library to research early shows. Have you? It is a pain in the ass. It takes time, and patience. It really doesn't seem worth it when someone like yourself just pisses and moans about it. Why don't you contribute something instead of your bitching.

Dave hit it right on the head, money talks and bullshit walks, and since you have friends that supposedly could have outbid us no matter what, where were they? Try spending some time away from the computer and talking and communicating with people, you might realize that it is not all about money.

Greg

Sacred Age Of Innocence
08-02-2002, 12:48 PM
*laugh* I am sorry...I have to reply to this. Now the people that win the auction are the "best" people out there? Fatboy? Real mature. You need to grow up. I don't think that I am kissing Dave's ass, I am just recognizing the fact that when I go to SPFC.com and look at a tour date or go to see what promos and releases there are out there, that it would not be there without him. I have been to the library to research early shows. Have you? It is a pain in the ass. It takes time, and patience. It really doesn't seem worth it when someone like yourself just pisses and moans about it. Why don't you contribute something instead of your bitching.

Dave hit it right on the head, money talks and bullshit walks, and since you have friends that supposedly could have outbid us no matter what, where were they? Try spending some time away from the computer and talking and communicating with people, you might realize that it is not all about money.

Greg

</font>

I wasn't referring to you as the kissass. I laugh as none of you know who the hell I communicate or deal with offline so that is a ridiculous point to begin with.

GhostChild
08-02-2002, 01:05 PM

- Dave</font>

I didn't know they had places in an ebay auction...who got the bronze?

Sacred Age Of Innocence
08-02-2002, 01:06 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by GhostChild:
I didn't know they had places in an ebay auction...who got the bronze?</font>

LOL

glued_on_wings
08-02-2002, 01:26 PM

LOL</font>

Agreed.

------------------

Richard D. James
08-02-2002, 01:57 PM
Hey everyone. The offer is now closed! It is nice to see the response to fill all the slots only took a day. Sometime today all the people that are in it will get an email from me with my address. In this email will be the final totals of what you owe. Thanks for your effort and talk to you soon.

Regards,

Greg

plume
08-02-2002, 03:32 PM
this thread needs some italian guys arguing. But apart from that it's cool, way to go.

------------------
bootlists (http://plume.homepage.dk/boot.html) and shiznitzes (http://plume.diaryland.com)

Halteh
08-02-2002, 03:45 PM
I wasn't referring to you as the kissass. I laugh as none of you know who the hell I communicate or deal with offline so that is a ridiculous point to begin with.

</font>

OMG!! I THINK HE KNOWS BOLLY!!!

------------------
"i've collected alot more rare things from different artists in all genres then anyone around. I collect to collect, whether I like the artist or not" - Sacred Age Of Innocence

[This message has been edited by Halteh (edited 08-02-2002).]

Halteh
08-02-2002, 04:04 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by GhostChild:
I didn't know they had places in an ebay auction...who got the bronze?</font>

"Let's tell the contestants on the game show what the second place loser gets, a brand-new...." nothing, they don't get squat, all they can do is stare at Greg on his pedestal and bicker.

Now you want to know who got the bronze? Ask yourself who's been bickering.

"wahhh wahhh I want to win, wahh wahh you aren't playing by the rules"

------------------
"i've collected alot more rare things from different artists in all genres then anyone around. I collect to collect, whether I like the artist or not" - Sacred Age Of Innocence

Pmack
08-02-2002, 05:41 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by plume:
this thread needs some italian guys arguing. </font>

Dead
08-02-2002, 06:03 PM
Try spending some time away from the computer and talking and communicating with people, you might realize that it is not all about money.

</font>

That is so true. Its all about handjobs.

Richard D. James
08-02-2002, 06:39 PM
Everyone who mailed me wanting to "buy" these shows should have an email waiting for them with the instructions how to pay. Please don't post my address, send me anthrax, or any form of a letter bomb. For those of you that didn't receive an email, hang tight as anyone who doesn't pay by the deadline, you will be substituted for them. If you have any questions, feel free to mail me.

Greg

jillysp
08-02-2002, 07:30 PM
Please don't post my address, send me anthrax, or any form of a letter bomb.</font>

However, feel free to subscribe Greg to Ethan Allan's home shopping catalogue, Banana Republic's monthly guide, and the "O" magazine. Greg has a secret fetish for Oprah.

another pointless post,
jilly.
hey, at least I didn't tell them to subscribe you to gay porn, greggy.

------------------
trade me? (http://home.uchicago.edu/~jill/bootlist2.html)
0:1's only.

The Gaddrow
08-02-2002, 07:58 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by JiLLySP:
However, feel free to subscribe Greg to Ethan Allan's home shopping catalogue, Banana Republic's monthly guide, and the "O" magazine.</font> *cough*

GhostChild
08-02-2002, 07:59 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Halteh:
"Let's tell the contestants on the game show what the second place loser gets, a brand-new...." nothing, they don't get squat, all they can do is stare at Greg on his pedestal and bicker.

Now you want to know who got the bronze? Ask yourself who's been bickering.

"wahhh wahhh I want to win, wahh wahh you aren't playing by the rules"

</font>

after Fares pointed out some stuff to me...

I made some asumptions...but still...its lame to pay 600 dollars for freaking videos!

[This message has been edited by GhostChild (edited 08-02-2002).]

distance
08-02-2002, 08:10 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Halteh:
</font>

dude.
runner up on game shows ALWAYS gets the home game.
he deserves at least that.

The Gaddrow
08-02-2002, 08:14 PM
lol

Jason, you have no idea what you are talking about.

The Gaddrow
08-02-2002, 08:17 PM
Jason, you have no idea what you are talking about.</font> If you would like to know the story, go here:
http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/Forum3/HTML/003556.html

Richard D. James
08-02-2002, 11:26 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by JiLLySP:

hey, at least I didn't tell them to subscribe you to gay porn, greggy.

</font>

*laugh* Yep, can you believe these people actually think they are getting Smashing Pumpkins videos? You should hear how the gay porn translated to DAT!

Greg

np: Jurrasic Pork-Scene 2

Brute Squad
08-03-2002, 12:39 AM
lol

Jason, you have no idea what you are talking about.</font>

does he ever?

GhostChild
08-03-2002, 12:42 AM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Andrew Fogelsong:
does he ever?

</font>

only when it comes to drinking and women!

StillBecomingApart
08-03-2002, 10:12 AM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by plume:
this thread needs some italian guys arguing. But apart from that it's cool, way to go.

</font>

Staizittostronzopezzodimerdarottoinculo, vaiasucarecazzisuunaereo. Tueeglialtrisientedeicaghinericheloprendonodallama ttinaallasera, pompinaridimerdafroci

------------------
http://www.iofthemourning.com/eswan_vs.jpg And yes, I love swans (http://www.rockers.it).
They're so pure (http://www.iofthemourning.com). http://www.iofthemourning.com/eswan_vs.jpg

Sacred Age Of Innocence
08-03-2002, 10:15 AM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by StillBecomingApart:
Staizittostronzopezzodimerdarottoinculo, vaiasucarecazzisuunaereo. Tueeglialtrisientedeicaghinericheloprendonodallama ttinaallasera, pompinaridimerdafroci

</font>

Jeroen (Aagje)
08-03-2002, 05:19 PM
You can never have enough Offer Up http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/smile.gif

Be blissed
Jeroen
np: Madredeus - Os Senhores da Guerra

------------------
They pound pumpkins not out of malice or recreation, but because they savor the gourds' slippery, seedy innards, their gold-orange skins and their firm yellow flesh as well. And they are happily ignorant of all wordplay about pumpkins and rock bands. (http://www6.cnn.com/US/9710/23/fringe/pumpkin.stomp/elephant.25.mov)

Smashing Pumpkins into Small Piles of Putrid Debris (http://www.gamersinn.com/library/arcade/?725): All the pumpkins of the world cower in fear again, as another Halloween approaches. As always, they are destined to be culinarily transformed into grotesque icons of a pagan tradition. Their only hope was to steal all of Earth's candles and take them away to the distant pumpkin planet, Pumpkinia.<font color=black>

[This message has been edited by Jeroen (Aagje) (edited 08-03-2002).]

zaraq
08-03-2002, 05:29 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">np: Madredeus - Os Senhores da Guerra
</font>

Pretty good taste here, ahh... http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/smile.gif

jlo
08-03-2002, 07:07 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Jeroen (Aagje):

np: Madredeus - Os Senhores da Guerra
</font>

Now, that`s something I`ll never expect to see here, a portuguese band. Jeroen, what do you think of Madredeus? I really like an opinion from someone outside my country.

------------------

Jeroen (Aagje)
08-03-2002, 10:22 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by jlo:
Now, that`s something I`ll never expect to see here, a portuguese band. Jeroen, what do you think of Madredeus? I really like an opinion from someone outside my country.</font>

I once had a Spanish girlfriend (Barcelona) who introduced me to them. Even though that relationship didn't end in the best of ways, I did keep my love for Madredeus.

I don't know, I think it's the sublime melancholy in their music that attracts me. To me, it's out of this world http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/smile.gif

Be blissed
Jeroen
np: Madredeus - Ajuda

------------------
They pound pumpkins not out of malice or recreation, but because they savor the gourds' slippery, seedy innards, their gold-orange skins and their firm yellow flesh as well. And they are happily ignorant of all wordplay about pumpkins and rock bands. (http://www6.cnn.com/US/9710/23/fringe/pumpkin.stomp/elephant.25.mov)

Smashing Pumpkins into Small Piles of Putrid Debris (http://www.gamersinn.com/library/arcade/?725): All the pumpkins of the world cower in fear again, as another Halloween approaches. As always, they are destined to be culinarily transformed into grotesque icons of a pagan tradition. Their only hope was to steal all of Earth's candles and take them away to the distant pumpkin planet, Pumpkinia.

RumoredToTheS&N
08-05-2002, 02:42 AM
motherfucker.
i go out of town for a few days & look what happens.
well, i'm glad you got the vids, greg.
am i reading all of this right? i had already pledged money the first time around. does that not count anymore? it seems a little weird that the rules of this game suddenly changed right in the middle of it.

**confused**

Dead
08-05-2002, 03:35 AM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by RumoredToTheS&N:
it seems a little weird that the rules of this game suddenly changed right in the middle of it.</font>

You snooze you lose.

Sacred Age Of Innocence
08-05-2002, 06:49 AM
You snooze you lose.</font>

glued_on_wings
08-05-2002, 08:51 AM
You snooze you lose.</font>

------------------

RumoredToTheS&N
08-05-2002, 01:53 PM
well, when i pledged money the first time, i didn't expect to directly get anything in return. i was just putting money up to insure these videos would get spread. basically, i was expecting to pay a few bucks so everyone else wouldn't have to. i'm somewhat confident that these things will spread their way around (**crosses fingers**), so i'm hoping to not "lose" anything, i just thought it was weird that, after requesting & recieving pledges from people, those were disregarded & a new request for money was made.
it ain't that big a deal. just curious. http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/smile.gif

Halteh
08-05-2002, 02:23 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by RumoredToTheS&N:
well, when i pledged money the first time, i didn't expect to directly get anything in return. i was just putting money up to insure these videos would get spread. basically, i was expecting to pay a few bucks so everyone else wouldn't have to. i'm somewhat confident that these things will spread their way around (**crosses fingers**), so i'm hoping to not "lose" anything, i just thought it was weird that, after requesting & recieving pledges from people, those were disregarded & a new request for money was made.
it ain't that big a deal. just curious. http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/smile.gif</font>

I think that first one was just to see how much interest there was in the videos and whether people were willing to help out.

------------------

Richard D. James
08-05-2002, 02:40 PM
Hey there everyone...just an update. If you were part of the first batch, you should have received an email with directions on what to do next.

-I am sorry to all the people that did not get in. I am pretty confident that this show will be available after a while, so just keep the faith. I don't want to take on extra people and charge them as I will be accused of making a profit on this.

-I have already received payment from some people which is fantastic and your packages are already addressed and ready. You should receive a package with a label on the sleeve of what show it is and the setlist should be inside.

-It seems that people still think that I am selling these. Look people, if I wanted to, I could. I have turned people away as the response was more than 30-32 people. I am getting pretty upset at people accusing me of things that are not true. If I wanted to make money on it, I would have charged $50 for two shows. There were other people besides me that put a lot of money up so that we could have this show, I just happen to be the one that is the communicator.

Regards,

Greg

RumoredToTheS&N
08-05-2002, 02:49 PM
It seems that people still think that I am selling these....I am getting pretty upset at people accusing me of things that are not true.

</font>

i really hope this wasn't in response to my question. i wasn't trying to accuse anyone of anything, i just wanted to know what was going on.

BillyPilgrim
08-05-2002, 04:53 PM
Well, being this is my first time online in a week, this is a very pleasant surprise. Way to go with the money Greg and his cohorts. Unfortunately I won't be one of the lucky people that get the shows (and eventually th vids) first. So anyone who can copy cd's with eac and a burning program, and is interested in obtaining more shows, look at my list and if anything catches your eye, email me and you can trade me these metro shows for something I have. Don't reply on the board, just email me and in a week or two we can trade. thanks again guys,
pat

------------------
Can they hear what I think? Do they know what I hear?

"I'm a fuck-up, and I'm an outcast, and that's it. You come near me you're gonna get it. You're gonna get fucked over and fucked out."-Dog Day Afternoon

Bootlist (http://www.angelfire.com/band/SPboots/index.html)

Patrick William
08-05-2002, 06:01 PM
I'll jump on the "trade me for these shows" bandwagon... anyone who wants a trade, head on over to www.pwarcham.cjb.net (http://www.pwarcham.cjb.net) and we can hook something up.

Thanks,
Patrick

------------------
==========================
Bootlist: www.pwarcham.cjb.net (http://www.pwarcham.cjb.net)
Email: pwarcham at hotmail.com (http://mailto:pwarcham@hotmail.com)
AIM: Asterixx
==========================

Smiley
08-06-2002, 02:41 AM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Jeroen (Aagje):
You can never have enough Offer Up http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/smile.gif</font>

http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/icons/icon14.gif http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/icons/icon14.gif http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/icons/icon14.gif http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/icons/icon14.gif http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/icons/icon14.gif

------------------
"love does not always have to be quiet and graceful, it can be boisterous and loud and even rude, to shout above the din to be heard sometimes... if only to bring a little peace" -bc
http://www.suicidekiss.org

Richard D. James
08-07-2002, 08:38 AM
Freakin' great...now they are up again...you go into a deal thinking that you have the only real copies that are circulating, and now this. Well at least they are a generation lower. This has been the biggest pain in the ass.

Greg

np: Wavy Gravy-Sasha

The Gaddrow
08-07-2002, 09:01 AM
This has been the biggest pain in the ass.</font> And we love you for taking it *in* the ass for us.

glued_on_wings
08-07-2002, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by Richard D. James:
This has been the biggest pain in the ass.</font> And we love you for taking it *in* the ass for us.

Yes Yes we do..

Rock ON..

------------------

severin
08-21-2002, 04:10 PM
any info on when the cd's will be shipped?

Anti-Moan Gestapo
08-21-2002, 08:16 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by severin:
any info on when the cd's will be shipped?</font>

I believe it's the 28th.

Halteh
08-21-2002, 08:34 PM
This has been the biggest pain in the ass.
</font>

Why is it a pain in the ass? why should it even matter if they are back up, worry about the copies you have. There is no sense in trying to achieve full control the distribution of these videos.

------------------

dean moriaty
04-21-2004, 08:59 AM
ok can someone give me some info on this as in the dates and the story of the ebay auction and the tapes etc, the threads that had all that info are gone.

thanks in advance

chsllama
04-21-2004, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by dean moriaty
ok can someone give me some info on this as in the dates and the story of the ebay auction and the tapes etc, the threads that had all that info are gone.

thanks in advance

Myxomatosis
04-21-2004, 10:33 AM
the threads that had all that info are gone

For what it's worth, you can look at pages 1 and 2 (EDIT: and 4) of the original thread here:

http://web.archive.org/web/20020804010540/http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/Forum3/HTML/003556.html

dean moriaty
04-21-2004, 10:37 AM
thanks for that

chsllama
04-21-2004, 10:47 AM
shit.
whatever happened to that shaun turner guy?

Spaldz
04-21-2004, 11:34 AM
Where the hell did this thread come from? I would of happily paid but I'd never seen it before. :confused:

Axis of Action
04-21-2004, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by Spaldz
Where the hell did this thread come from? I would of happily paid but I'd never seen it before. :confused:

It came from about 2 years ago.

I would have paid too. Someone just resurrected it, as it were.

dean moriaty
04-21-2004, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by chsllama
shit.
whatever happened to that shaun turner guy?

he's collectspumpkins

chsllama
04-21-2004, 11:57 AM
<font size="***0">ooooooh</font>

did you ever get your mega purchase from him?

how about them there pressing plates you outbid me for? they come through ok?

Where do you live so I can buy some plane tickets and a big big crowbar? ;)

dean moriaty
04-21-2004, 12:04 PM
yep he came through with the goods, and i also have some pressing plates sitting snugly on my shelf at home. you've got my address anyway from when you posted me all that stuff a while back :erm

Enzed
04-21-2004, 03:55 PM
wow, this is really weird. I'm listening to these shows at the moment, and then this post is resurrected...

Yeah, I put money in back in the day...

04-21-2004, 04:07 PM
I made the DVDs!

Richard D. James
04-21-2004, 04:50 PM
I handled the facilitation of these shows Dean so if you need any information, let me know and I will do my best to recall. I might even have some of the old emails.

On a side note, being at the show Monday all I could think about was how quiet Billy was and how soft the songs were. He almost seemed reserved and nervous. I was comparing Monday night to the electric 7-24-92 video and how he was standing on a speaker lifting up the front of his dress...he's come a long way...

-GK

dean moriaty
04-22-2004, 06:54 AM
yep i read the thread and saw it was you who organised it all, just hadn't seen you around recently. have you read the thread about letting people know what's out there? on that note did you ever find out who the original source of these tapes is and what else they had? i appreciate you may want to keep the source quiet, but it'd be great to know what else is out there.

Richard D. James
04-22-2004, 07:55 AM
yep i read the thread and saw it was you who organised it all, just hadn't seen you around recently. have you read the thread about letting people know what's out there? on that note did you ever find out who the original source of these tapes is and what else they had? i appreciate you may want to keep the source quiet, but it'd be great to know what else is out there.

This thread takes me back, that is for sure. I am always around, I just really don't find much to post about. I can't really contribute anything to the B0lly vs. James thread or the Ruby Appreciation Thread. To be honest, I stick around to see if someone starts a thread about Gish-type stuff and Dave will post. That is a rare time... :)

The original guy that had these tapes supposedly taped a lot of stuff back in the day, but I never got to meet him, just his friend who ultimately sold me the tapes. I still see him every once in a while and he is a great guy. He is not a big Pumpkins fan so he was just in the deal to make some cash, and that he did. He was supposedly going to check with the original source to see what other stuff he had, but I don't think he ever did. The guy who I did buy it from though did have an extra copy of the JBTV promo or whatever from the metro shows in 1993. No, not the whole show, but just the stuff that was broadcast. I really don't want to mention any names in any of these posts, because then people start to get bothered and that is the last thing we want. I really haven't seen much interest besides about 4 people that want to share info...kind of disheartening. If you any more questions about whatever, let me know....gkavchak@yahoo.com

-GK

Schack
04-22-2004, 08:18 AM
Did the vids ever get circulated? i think I only have the audios, which I got of the hub

Dead
04-22-2004, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by Schack
Did the vids ever get circulated? i think I only have the audios, which I got of the hub
Yeah, they did.

Schack
04-22-2004, 12:50 PM
Well, then I better start looking at some bootlists:)

Enzed
04-22-2004, 03:59 PM

I have the vids, but I don't have them listed as I don't have a dvd burner. One day, however...

Schack
04-22-2004, 11:46 PM
Okay, so they were only circulated as dvds, and not vcds too?

Dead
04-22-2004, 11:59 PM
Okay, so they were only circulated as dvds, and not vcds too?
I have never seen vcds of them, but I've never looked for any.

jlo
04-23-2004, 01:04 AM
Hey, schack, if you want i can do a copy for you!!! I have both.

Schack
04-23-2004, 02:41 AM
Originally posted by jlo

That would be awesome, Jose. Do you still have my bootlist, or would you prefer some blanks instead (cdrs/dvdr ??)

Mads

Coin
04-23-2004, 11:20 AM
Can't believe the interst still in the pumpkins. Just listened to thru the eyes of ruby - can't believe how good they were. Don't listen much to them these days - can't believe it's over 10 years since SD - almost 10 years since MCIS ffs! Hope you all enjoyed the 94 BDO SB shows I released a couple of years ago. Gotta love that version of silverfuck. Only did it because of that annoying Assilin guy that kept emailing me cause he wanted it for his elite colelction - hope the community still isn't full of wankers like that! Thanks to that other Aussie bloke who had the ability to copy the tapes.

Cheers,

Justin

memories_unwind
04-23-2004, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by jlo

Could you make a copy for me, too?
Maybe we could set up a trade or do a B+P?

I got all the Pumpkins DVD torrents that were set up on sharingthegroove recently.

-1996-Brixton Academy + 1998 Guggenheim
-1998 London + 1998 Pinkpop
-1993 Munich
-1998 Skansen Park

So if you are interested in these shows and don`t have them yet I`d love to trade for these Metro DVDs!

Richard D. James
04-23-2004, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by Coin
Hope you all enjoyed the 94 BDO SB shows I released a couple of years ago. Gotta love that version of silverfuck.

All right everyone...I am a little wacked out on allergy medicine these days, but could someone helpe me out on these shows? The only 1994 SBD thing I can remember is the Silverfuck from Vieuphoria....

-GK

DrHalscott
04-23-2004, 07:30 PM
these 2 shows we are talking about....

what are the dates??

Schack
04-24-2004, 03:26 AM
Originally posted by DrHalscott
these 2 shows we are talking about....

what are the dates??

07.23/24.92

wild light
04-25-2004, 11:08 AM
i was just wondering if anyone would do a B+P with me, i'd really like to have those two shows on dvd. PM me if you'd be willing to. thanks:)

jlo
04-25-2004, 11:23 AM
If you can find a copy of the built to spill first album, Ultimate Alternative Wavers, thatīs out of print for years now, i can help you.

Originally posted by wild light
i was just wondering if anyone would do a B+P with me, i'd really like to have those two shows on dvd. PM me if you'd be willing to. thanks:)

jlo
04-26-2004, 12:26 PM
Do you check your PM regularly?

Originally posted by memories_unwind

Could you make a copy for me, too?
Maybe we could set up a trade or do a B+P?

I got all the Pumpkins DVD torrents that were set up on sharingthegroove recently.

-1996-Brixton Academy + 1998 Guggenheim
-1998 London + 1998 Pinkpop
-1993 Munich
-1998 Skansen Park

So if you are interested in these shows and don`t have them yet I`d love to trade for these Metro DVDs!

severin
05-06-2004, 10:50 AM
does anyone remember on which dvd-format these were made?

bowmaan
05-06-2004, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by jlo
If you can find a copy of the built to spill first album, Ultimate Alternative Wavers, thatīs out of print for years now, i can help you.

are you serious? i'll shn/flac it for you if youre interested. very worth having

jlo
05-08-2004, 06:01 PM
Thanks for the offer but i like to have original albums.

Originally posted by bowmaan

are you serious? i'll shn/flac it for you if youre interested. very worth having

Fonzie
11-12-2006, 03:34 AM
Can't believe the interst still in the pumpkins. Just listened to thru the eyes of ruby - can't believe how good they were. Don't listen much to them these days - can't believe it's over 10 years since SD - almost 10 years since MCIS ffs! Hope you all enjoyed the 94 BDO SB shows I released a couple of years ago. Gotta love that version of silverfuck. Only did it because of that annoying Assilin guy that kept emailing me cause he wanted it for his elite colelction - hope the community still isn't full of wankers like that! Thanks to that other Aussie bloke who had the ability to copy the tapes.

Cheers,

Justin

Are there any 94 BDO boots out there?

redbull
11-12-2006, 04:36 PM
no :(

Fonzie
11-13-2006, 12:04 AM
I emailed that coin bloke back in the day but never heard from him.