View Full Version : Hey, UT made a BCS bowl. Brendan, you should be happy!

sppunk
12-05-2004, 07:00 PM
01. USC
02. Oklahoma
03. Auburn
04. Texas
05. California
06. Utah
07. Georgia
08. Virginia Tech
09. Boise State
10. Louisville

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/abcsports/BCSStandings?week=8

neopryn
12-05-2004, 07:01 PM
so did my school :p

real politik
12-05-2004, 07:05 PM
Finally USC gets to prove their worth.

tootsie
12-05-2004, 07:28 PM
the U has been doing really well since firing whats his name. too bad, but i guess th results speak for themselves. i heard a rumour that their current coach may be going to notre dame though.

im no sports nut, i could be wrong.

sppunk
12-05-2004, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by tootsie
the U has been doing really well since firing whats his name. too bad, but i guess th results speak for themselves. i heard a rumour that their current coach may be going to notre dame though.

im no sports nut, i could be wrong. No, he is going to the University of Florida.

Trotskilicious
12-05-2004, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by tootsie

im no sports nut, i could be wrong.

If you're talking about Utah, Urban Meyer has already been named Florida's head coach. I think that's what you're talking about since I have no fucking clue what the U is.

The fact that Auburn is not in the national championship game is BULLSHIT. How in the fuck is that justified? By strength of schedule alone they should be there.

17 Seconds
12-05-2004, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by Trotskilicious

If you're talking about Utah, Urban Meyer has already been named Florida's head coach. I think that's what you're talking about since I have no fucking clue what the U is.

The fact that Auburn is not in the national championship game is BULLSHIT. How in the fuck is that justified? By strength of schedule alone they should be there.

Strength of schedule??? They played The Citadel (3-7 in the Southern Conference), Louisiana-Monroe (5-6 in the Sun Belt), and Louisiana Tech (6-6 in the WAC). Yeah, those are powerhouse teams and conferences.

Oklahoma played Bowling Green (8-3 in the MAC), Houston (3-8 in CUSA), and Oregon (5-6 in the Pac-10).

There wasn't a big difference between the Big XII and SEC this year. There were just as many down teams in the SEC-- Florida, Tennessee weren't as good as in recent years.

Jeff Sagarin has the Big XII as the 2nd overall conference; the SEC was 5th. http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/fbc04.htm

Auburn doesn't deserve a National Championship spot for their nonconference schedule alone-- that's pretty lame-- almost Kansas State lame.

Sammiches
12-05-2004, 08:50 PM
What team did UC Berkeley play yesterday?

DieDiemydarling
12-05-2004, 08:51 PM
nice!!!!!!!1!!!11!1

rassmass
12-05-2004, 08:53 PM
TEXAS!!! FIGHT!!! TEXAS!!! FIGHT!!!

I'm so happy right now. We so deserved that last bid over Cal, especially after getting dicked over last year. And we get to play a subpar Michigan, so that's good.

Sammiches
12-05-2004, 08:55 PM
Hmm, I think Cal is #4 now.

rassmass
12-05-2004, 09:01 PM
No, Cal is #5. Texas jumped them after their pitiful performance against Southern Mississippi. Check the new BCS yourself.

Trotskilicious
12-06-2004, 05:05 AM
Originally posted by 17 Seconds

Jeff Sagarin has the Big XII as the 2nd overall conference; the SEC was 5th. http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/fbc04.htm

Is this a fucking joke?

Crippler
12-06-2004, 10:49 AM
<font color="gold">GO <font color="blue">BLUE!</font>

http://www.wsvn.com/images/news_articles/archive/05082003_university_of_michigan_wolverines.jpg

neopryn
12-06-2004, 10:53 AM
haha the pac-10

17 Seconds
12-06-2004, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Trotskilicious

Is this a fucking joke?

Did you actually read any of it?

And oh, by the way, I like how you backed up your argument.

jczeroman
12-06-2004, 12:07 PM
What the rankings should be:

01. USC
02. California
03. Auburn
04. Oklahoma
05. Texas

neopryn
12-06-2004, 01:12 PM
so what do all of you guys think of Pitt being in the Fiesta Bowl? Think we deserve it? We lost to Connecticut and Syracuse and Nebraska. Haha.

guz
12-06-2004, 01:16 PM
I actually think things worked out about right. The Cal/Texas debate is a toss-up, really. Both had their only losses to the two teams playing for the title, both had pretty good schedules...and only one team could go. I -do- think it's shitty that Cal was #4, wins a game while Texas is idle and they drop to #5. It's also pretty shitty that with USC winning the conference and Cal out of the Rose Bowl...they're now headed to the HOLIDAY BOWL.

As for OU and Auburn, I think OU is the better team...but that's just my opinion. Either way, I don't think you can argue that OU -shouldn't- be in the title game...so it's cool w/ me.

My poor Bruins, though...they could have fixed things up a bit but blew it :rant:

guz
12-06-2004, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by neopryn
so what do all of you guys think of Pitt being in the Fiesta Bowl? Think we deserve it? We lost to Connecticut and Syracuse and Nebraska. Haha. yea, this part -is- a joke...but something like this will continue to happen every season, and nothings really going to fix that.

Orenthal James
12-06-2004, 04:28 PM
my school didnt make a bowl game :(

The Omega Concern
12-06-2004, 07:17 PM
BCS = JOKE!

when teams (like Cal for instance) have to travel 2000 miles and force to scheme the game to procur a blowout, the BCS system is not doing the game of football any justice.

whatever...it's not gonna change. I was hoping the Cal team would protest and not show up to the Holiday Bowl, but...

The Rose Bowl was just fine before the money-grubbing Presidents hijacked all of it to run this system to get a clear national champion. It's still a mythical championship in truth and now they control the bowls and the money.

SUCKERS@!!!!

Trotskilicious
12-07-2004, 12:40 AM

Did you actually read any of it?

And oh, by the way, I like how you backed up your argument.

I don't need to read rankings developed by a mathematical formula. So, some asshole has developed a formula that MATHEMATICALLY PROVES subjective opinion? Congratulations to him.