View Full Version : University Artistic Communities

Axis of Action
11-30-2004, 01:54 AM
UAC

anyhow.

whats the community at your college (provided you're at one) like? Ours is fairly lame. it's all wishy-washy emo bullshit. no one knows what they want and they like to cry about it. it's boring. it's ultrasensitive. no one has any opinions anymore.

this girl contacted me and we've started discussing an art forum for kids to be more group oriented and (if I have any say) more edgey. instead of the material being decided by editors and submitted by economic students, (the majority) will be english/art majors who have something to say.

Axis of Action
11-30-2004, 02:12 AM
you're not helping.

help me come up with a post-counter-bricolage manifesto

avian chaos
11-30-2004, 02:13 AM
The community college I used to go to was full of whiney hippies who wrote the most godawful school newspaper. They were like Bay Area throwbacks, or something. It's like if they had to screen protests to see if you were smart enough to join them, everyone at my old community college would be the people who didn't pass the screening process and booted back to where they came from.

We had some great art teachers, though, and I got $4,000 a year in Financial Aid and won a lot of money in student art shows.

Axis of Action
11-30-2004, 02:14 AM
Originally posted by avian chaos
The community college I used to go to was full of whiney hippies who wrote the most godawful school newspaper. They were like Bay Area throwbacks, or something. It's like if they had to screen protests to see if you were smart enough to join them, everyone at my old community college would be the people who didn't pass the screening process and booted back to where they came from.

We had some great art teachers, though, and I got $4,000 a year in Financial Aid and won a lot of money in student art shows.

awesome

... the second part that is

DeadSwan
11-30-2004, 02:20 AM
i went to private art school in nyc, so there was definitely a strong art scene. and our paper, the prattler, was very well done, (especially the graphics and illustrations) as was the comic, the sinking fish.

Axis of Action
11-30-2004, 02:32 AM
Originally posted by DeadSwan
i went to private art school in nyc, so there was definitely a strong art scene. and our paper, the prattler, was very well done, (especially the graphics and illustrations) as was the comic, the sinking fish.

interesting! any links?

Axis of Action
11-30-2004, 11:53 AM
bump for morning people.

Trotskilicious
11-30-2004, 11:58 AM
UTSA doesn't have an art community.

There are lots of stupid and annoying political activists though. I suspect they'll go away in the next few months.

alexthestampede
11-30-2004, 12:19 PM
i dont think utd has one.

i dont think we have activists here, either.