View Full Version : Wanted: Good new bands

ZackZ
12-05-2002, 03:59 AM
Does anyone know of *new* bands that sound anything like the good bands of the past, like Genesis, King Crimson, Yes, Billy Cobham...mostly in the progressive vein??

If not like that, how about bands that sound similar to Gish-era Pumpkins? Great classic rock sound with a modern update and GOOD GUITAR PLAYING. Solos are a must. Excellent drumming too.

I've perused MP3.com using the bands I listed as keywords, but the bands I find are either not anyting like their so called "influences" or they are just really bad wannabes.

Injektilo
12-05-2002, 04:41 AM
Well, since you told me to post it :

Originally posted by ZackZ in the "outgrowing the pumpkins" thread on the SP board. :

Rock music does not suck. TODAY's music sucks, every last bit of it, besides some "underground" types that I like such as Steve Vai, Yngwie Malmsteen and Al DiMeola. I do not buy into all this return of rock bullshit if the bands they are hyping are no talent hacks like the White Stripes or The Vines. These fucks should be shot for ever touching an instrument.

If you want to hear GOOD rock, you have to go back in time. Bands like Genesis, King Crimson, Gentle Giant, Yes, Mahavishnu Orchestra, Return to Forever, (old) Al DiMeola, etc. are GOOD. And then obviously there were the more popular acts such as Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin, Hendrix, etc. There is tons of good music I know I haven't heard yet, so I don't even bother pretending to like the spoonfed SHIT that is on the radio. I'm not looking for the next big thing, I'm looking for the next old thing that never got that big.

As for electronic music, that is far more boring than rock. It's nothing but clicks and whistles. If I wanted to hear harsh, repetitive noise, I would go to a construction site.

d00d, you might wanna check out this band, Guns N Roses. They're kinda old, but they got coolest solos yo!!!!111.

Lie
12-05-2002, 05:43 AM
Since when were Steve Vai and Yngwie Malmsteen "underground"?

Robeuto
12-05-2002, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by ZackZ
Good god, those people on the music board are delusional fucktards. Someone else can go ahead and repost my infinitely insightful post. I woulnd't know how to go about doing it with any kind of finesse.

fucktards!!!!!!!

spa ced
12-05-2002, 01:59 PM
There's plenty of good "new" bands but from the looks of it you're looking for shitty "old" bands so I can't help you there.

ZackZ
12-05-2002, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by Lie
Since when were Steve Vai and Yngwie Malmsteen "underground"?

For lack of a better word...

9 out of 10 people on the street won't know who they are.

Ya, I guess you fucktards :cool: wouldn't know a good band if it fucked your mom and the ass and cummed on her face. I feel stupid for even posting on this worthless board...

killed radio star
12-05-2002, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by ZackZ
I feel stupid for even posting on this worthless board...

funny how that works