View Full Version : Well I guess people who voted for Bush aren't as stupid as you morons thought

Shawn Osmond
11-05-2004, 10:23 AM
Remember that thread that showed people who support Bush have a lower IQ than those who support Kerry? Well just for the record, Bush won among those with 2 and 4 year college degrees by about a 7 percent margin. And Bush lost among high school dropouts by about a 2 percent margin.

Yeah, I guess it's just stupid rednecks who support Bush huh?

Isaac
11-05-2004, 10:28 AM
I think that has a whole lot to do with better educated (well-paid too?) paying less taxes under Bush.

zbeast78
11-05-2004, 12:08 PM
yeah, its all confusing. all the wealthy states voted Kerry & all the "hard working middle class" states voted Bush. All the super wealthy hollywood elite supported Kerry too... i'm confused.

Nimrod's Son
11-05-2004, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by Isaac
I think that has a whole lot to do with better educated (well-paid too?) paying less taxes under Bush. Ha, I love it. You make a thread that "stupid people vote for Bush" and then when you're shown that highly educated people supported him more than Kerry, your rebuttal is that it's because "they're greedy."

Fantastic. Maybe in a couple of weeks when the sting has worn off, liberals will be able to have a rational discussion about these things.

jczeroman
11-05-2004, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by Nimrod's Son

Dead
11-05-2004, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by Shawn Osmond
You are correct, sir.

I_was_aborted
11-05-2004, 02:34 PM
Remember that thread that showed people who support Bush have a lower IQ than those who support Kerry? Well just for the record, Bush won among those with 2 and 4 year college degrees by about a 7 percent margin. And Bush lost among high school dropouts by about a 2 percent margin.

I don't think 2 and 4 year degrees make people intelligent. Its quite easy to graduate from college.

A college education does not equal intelligence, sadly.

Isaac
11-05-2004, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by Nimrod's Son
Ha, I love it. You make a thread that "stupid people vote for Bush" and then when you're shown that highly educated people supported him more than Kerry, your rebuttal is that it's because "they're greedy."

Fantastic. Maybe in a couple of weeks when the sting has worn off, liberals will be able to have a rational discussion about these things.

Okay- don't remember making a thread that said that "stupid people vote for Bush." If you know of one please point it out to me.

My rebuttal wasn't "they're greedy." Why do you bother putting quote marks around a statement I didn't even make?

I honestly believe that people ask themselves Reagan's classic question- "Are you better off than you were four years ago?"

And to be honest, my 2003 tax return was the most I've ever gotten back in my life.

My statement was just a viewpoint- just an opinion, not an absolute, hence my opening- "I think..."

Just because you guffaw to yourself, twist my words, and act like a complete asshole doesn't give your OPINION any more weight than mine. Quit slapping yourself on the back for being nothing more than a close-minded dishonest prick.

Tiny Void
11-05-2004, 04:21 PM

First source that. Second, as some just said, a degree doesn't make you smart just like voting for moral causes doesn't. As surveys have shown (NYT 11/5/04), most people who voted for Bush voted because of moral issues. If that's not stupid, then....

hupette gros
11-05-2004, 04:47 PM
the point and arguments of the poster, as well as the poster, are really weak.

Corganist
11-05-2004, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by Tiny Void

most people who voted for Bush voted because of moral issues. If that's not stupid, then....
Then what? Are morals somehow antithetical to intelligence? What are you trying to argue here? Surely even people you think are intelligent have morals and think they're important.

Besides, all this focus on moral values being the sole reason for Bush's win is just seems like a reach to me. What are "moral values" anyway? I know that the left likes to paint it simply as abortion and gays, but I think thats a simplistic view. I don't think it was a deal where people said "I'm off to vote against gay marriage, might as well vote for Bush while I'm there." Of the 11 states that had gay marriage on the ballot, 9 of them went for Bush, and those 9 had about 73 electoral votes by my count. He ended up with 286 total. What were all those other states voting for him for? If they were saying moral values as well, then it means something different than what's being portrayed. I think the moral values question is more focused on decision-making than ideology.