View Full Version : "key skills" my ass. (Isle vs. the Man)

Isle
11-03-2004, 02:01 PM
congratulations if you read all this, my heart goes out to you.

get this- at college everyone has to do "key skills" short courses for either IT (computers), Literacy and Numeracy, depending on their courses, to show they are proficient. stupidest fucking thing in the entire education system.

I had to do IT and Literacy, even though i've always been a straight A english student and can perform all necessary functions on a computer(does not inklude resizing pictures) even though we hardly ever have to use computers. for IT, i had to go to these classes for a few months to do this stupid project, which was basically an MS Excel spreadsheet, which nobody ever uses. to complete the course we had to do all the bulletpoints on the task sheet, which i did, but then the fucking Man sends me a letter saying its incomplete but not telling me what i've missed.
so instead of giving you grades, you either complete it or you don't. as a result, i have failed this trivial bullshit.

as for the Literacy one, in which i was supposed to do a philosophy presentation, my philo teacher (who is a g) said "we all know the emperor's got no clothes on" (which for those of you who haven't heard that parable, means "fuck it, it's a load of bull") so we didn't do it, expecting the Man wouldn't chase me up about it. so i failed that too.

now see, completing these so called key skills courses awards you with special points that are apparantly vital to getting into university. you get those points depending on your regular grades, and also a set bunch for each key skill you complete. a university course will ask you, for example, to have 2 B grades and a C to enter, plus/or X points. so i will have missed out on alot of those points, probably, because i was fucked around to do something stupid that was insulting to my intelligence and a waste of time.
COLLEGE KIDS DON'T HAVE DOWNS SYNDROME. AND NEITHER DO I.

fucking government asshats.

Isle
11-03-2004, 02:03 PM
oh and my paranoid mum is screaming at me again and will proabbly try to feed me my phone sometime this evening. later guyz.

Coen
11-03-2004, 02:11 PM
That sucks man :(. Did you ask him why you can't change the things that are wrong, to show that you are capable to do this IT-shit? It should be stupid if you wouldn't have another chance.

Isle
11-03-2004, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by Coen
That sucks man :(. Did you ask him why you can't change the things that are wrong, to show that you are capable to do this IT-shit? It should be stupid if you wouldn't have another chance.

i went and spoke to the teacher and he said he would send me the info, but i never got it. and even so, i deleted all the IT work because i thought i'd finished the course. so i couldn't edit it even if i wanted to.

the thing that annoys me though, is that most universities won't even look at your key skills- retards don't get into university. so why should the key skills count for so many of those special points? they make you work your butt off to get an "i'm not a retard" badge, then noone even notices it because its stupid. simply a waste of everyone's time. what the fucking fuck.

Slacker
11-03-2004, 02:49 PM
the aliens are behind this

or perhaps the men in the gas masks

hrmm....

DeviousJ
11-03-2004, 02:56 PM
I thought the points system was down to the grades you got (12 for an A, 10 for a B or whatever) or has that changed?

Email them a spreadsheet containing a literary work which tells them to get bent

Isle
11-03-2004, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by DeviousJ
I thought the points system was down to the grades you got (12 for an A, 10 for a B or whatever) or has that changed?

Email them a spreadsheet containing a literary work which tells them to get bent

that's not a bad idea. the footnote will say "see, i've got the key skills, cunts"

Isle
11-03-2004, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by Slacker
the aliens are behind this

or perhaps the men in the gas masks

hrmm....

BOTH

Slacker
11-03-2004, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by Isle

BOTH

it thats the case, you are 100% fucked