View Full Version : Cleveland Performance

theBOy33
10-21-2004, 01:22 AM
Just a few notes from an amazing night -

at the signing a fan asked billy about his solo material, billy replied that he had at least 5 cds worth of acoustic work and was looking at the possibility of a box set, the SPUN soundtrack would be a part of this.

the poetry reading was amazing, he sang just as many songs as he did read poetry. there was a lot of interaction including allowing kids to come on stage and create lyrics to a new song.

he mentioned his rock album would be out next spring and he is currently talking to someone about releasing the final pumpkins show.

im sure others will fill in details but it was a great show, there was at least one person in the crowd recording audio and even someone with a video camera that billy spotted halfway through the performance, joked about, but did not stop.

jack_kerouac03
10-21-2004, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by theBOy33
5 cds worth of acoustic work and was looking at the possibility of a box set, the SPUN soundtrack would be a part of this.

he is currently talking to someone about releasing the final pumpkins show.

best news of the year. fucking awesome.

VegasPumpkin
10-21-2004, 02:41 AM
Originally posted by jack_kerouac03

best news of the year. fucking awesome. indeed, but i hope that its not just billy talking.

thuway
10-21-2004, 02:51 AM
Five Stars
Five Stars
Five Stars

Corganist
10-21-2004, 02:53 AM
Originally posted by VegasPumpkin
indeed, but i hope that its not just billy talking.
I agree with this statement.

Cecil
10-21-2004, 04:46 AM
Chup all my Netphoria peeps! :p

How many of you went to the show? My illogic always has me combing the crowd at every "Billy" event I go to thinking I'll recognize people from Netphoria, even though it's not like I know many of you personally....I just have this temptation to yell like, "Yo Netphoria!".
We need to turn this into a segregrated club and make the venues honor our reserved section! ;) I just hope I wouldn't be in the company of the people who were yelling incoherent attention shout-outs at tonights show.

Spaldz
10-21-2004, 04:53 AM
Oh my

Cecil
10-21-2004, 05:35 AM
Oh Billy played 2 new acoustic songs (unaccompanied). He didn't say explictly they were new, but I've never heard them on any of the recording session reviews or the solo show. I would assume they were his too, over covers. Possibly more Chicago songs? Possibly one was Matthew Selah or All Saints? Maybe someone could recall a few lines from Matthew Selah which he played at the solo show right?, I could maybe confirm...did he ever play All Saints?...I'm pretty sure one was You Were Mine, It had the line "you were mine all this time."

He also played Friends As Lovers or F and L whatever it is.
Say Goodbye
and as an encore he did Columbus which he said he doesn't play much but I was hoping he would.

Maybe he played a third new song, I hope I'm not forgetting.

He played a few with the woman singing...and a what I'm guessing was an improv song at the end. I guess we'll all see with the recording and video!

SmPu033
10-21-2004, 09:47 AM
well, boy am i fucking depressed. to start, i had an AMAZING experience at the signing chatting it up with billy for at least ten minutes or more about life, god and his mom. for the first time as a fan, i felt billy and i connected on a personal level. then after the signing when i got to my car, i had 3 hours to pass until the reading started. in that time period, i began to think about school and how i had exams in a few days. i felt guilty for not being home studying, maintaining my straight a's. i was afraid that i would be too tired to make the 3 hr drive home after the reading and skipped it. :( :( :( i didn't think it would bother me too bad because i know that in reality, school is much more important but im kind of sad now that i didn't stay. for those who went can you please post pics, audio or video of the reading???

Slurpee
10-21-2004, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by SmPu033
i was afraid that i would be too tired to make the 3 hr drive home after the reading and skipped it. :( :( :(

Let me be the first to say that you will regret this decision for the rest of your life.

blackfaerie
10-21-2004, 12:12 PM
i brought my friend erica to the show last night and all i could hear from her seat at points were "oooooh.." and "aaahhh..".

i have to admit, that performance last night was amazing. from what i heard about the toronto show from shaunna, last night was more fun-filled and humorous, while toronto was more serious (it WAS in a church with no alcohol involved...). but like i told shaunna, that's what you get from a drunk cleveland. :D

blackfaerie
10-21-2004, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by Cecil
Chup all my Netphoria peeps! :p

How many of you went to the show? My illogic always has me combing the crowd at every "Billy" event I go to thinking I'll recognize people from Netphoria, even though it's not like I know many of you personally....I just have this temptation to yell like, "Yo Netphoria!".
We need to turn this into a segregrated club and make the venues honor our reserved section! ;) I just hope I wouldn't be in the company of the people who were yelling incoherent attention shout-outs at tonights show.

seriously, i was tempted to do the same thing.

Myxomatosis
10-21-2004, 12:52 PM
someone with a video camera that billy spotted halfway through the performance, joked about, but did not stop.

the people who were yelling incoherent attention shout-outs at tonights show.

These were one and the same -- the guy who was videotaping illegally (2-3 rows in front of me) was the same person who was yelling out the most unbelievably moronic shit I've ever heard (and yelling it into his own video camera, no less). Everyone nearby was getting progressively more annoyed with every comment. Thankfully, before the encore, Gooch came out and busted him for taping, which led to many smiles, waves, and a couple middle-finger parting salutes as he was removed from the venue.

Cherub Angel
10-21-2004, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by Myxomatosis

These were one and the same -- the guy who was videotaping illegally (2-3 rows in front of me) was the same person who was yelling out the most unbelievably moronic shit I've ever heard (and yelling it into his own video camera, no less). Everyone nearby was getting progressively more annoyed with every comment. Thankfully, before the encore, Gooch came out and busted him for taping, which led to many smiles, waves, and a couple middle-finger parting salutes as he was removed from the venue.

hell yeah Gooch!

pale_princess
10-21-2004, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by Myxomatosis

I can't believe I missed this. My favourite part was when Billy asked Frank "Is he one of your guys?" :rofl:

- Shaunna.

Zorgon
10-21-2004, 04:09 PM
I just have this temptation to yell like, "Yo Netphoria!".

I did this, to an extent. After the show, when Billy was standing around signing things and whatnot, someone asked him if he ever goes on the messageboards. His reply was a "naah" but after a second or two, I yelled out "Not even Netphoria?!" and it got a few chuckles.

lennonisgod
10-21-2004, 04:42 PM
Just a few notes from an amazing night -

at the signing a fan asked billy about his solo material, billy replied that he had at least 5 cds worth of acoustic work and was looking at the possibility of a box set, the SPUN soundtrack would be a part of this.

I was the one that asked Billy the question and just to add to what was already said, Billy said he was thinking of making some of the acoustic songs and the Spun songs available for download through itunes.

Cecil
10-21-2004, 05:44 PM
well, boy am i fucking depressed. to start, i had an AMAZING experience at the signing chatting it up with billy for at least ten minutes or more about life, god and his mom. for the first time as a fan, i felt billy and i connected on a personal level. then after the signing when i got to my car, i had 3 hours to pass until the reading started. in that time period, i began to think about school and how i had exams in a few days. i felt guilty for not being home studying, maintaining my straight a's. i was afraid that i would be too tired to make the 3 hr drive home after the reading and skipped it. :( :( :( i didn't think it would bother me too bad because i know that in reality, school is much more important but im kind of sad now that i didn't stay. for those who went can you please post pics, audio or video of the reading???

WHAT THE FUCK!! 10 FUCKING MINUTES!!?? I seriously hope you are exaggerating.

Dude when I was there at like 7:20 or so the line was moving incredibly fast. From what I could tell it was just "Hello"/sign/ bye. The staff was really hurrying the line. I even tried to strike up a conversation, which lasted less than a minute and half of it took place lingering away from the line as he was already signing something for someone else. Also Billy seemed a tad grumbly to me...Supposedly he was supposed to be there till 8:30 and left at like 7:50. So were things radically different earlier or what?

SmPu033
10-21-2004, 06:18 PM
he seemed grumbly to me as well. iunno how i got lucky... i was in the first line. when i walked up to the table, i asked him if i could ask a question and said ill try and make it quick. he said, it's okay... you can stay up here while i sign autographs. i have to admit billy kind of knows me, so maybe he was giving me preference? im sorry your experience wasn't as good.

Zorgon
10-21-2004, 07:16 PM
he seemed grumbly to me as well. iunno how i got lucky... i was in the first line. when i walked up to the table, i asked him if i could ask a question and said ill try and make it quick. he said, it's okay... you can stay up here while i sign autographs. i have to admit billy kind of knows me, so maybe he was giving me preference? im sorry your experience wasn't as good.

Were you the guy in all black with the goatee?

SmPu033
10-21-2004, 07:32 PM
LOL- I was the girl in jeans, formal black jacket and hot pink camisole underdeathe. Blonde hair, pink purse, in the first line... etc.

Zorgon
10-21-2004, 07:36 PM
Okay so I was a bit off:cool:

Slurpee
10-22-2004, 02:41 AM
LOL- I was the girl in jeans, formal black jacket and hot pink camisole underdeathe. Blonde hair, pink purse, in the first line... etc.

OMG PIC PLZ