View Full Version : AmAnSet Taping Update...


Suicide Machine
08-04-2002, 04:35 PM
Just got back from Boston and Rochester, got a SBD and AUD of both. Will be doing the next few shows as well. If anyone in DC wants to come tape with me, I have a *** for that show. The show is wednesday. Andrew, email me when you get a chance with what other shows you have covered. I'm off to the Knitting Factory.

------------------
I don't wanna die, even though I have to.

distance
08-04-2002, 05:29 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Suicide Machine:
Just got back from Boston and Rochester, got a SBD and AUD of both. Will be doing the next few shows as well. If anyone in DC wants to come tape with me, I have a *** for that show. The show is wednesday. Andrew, email me when you get a chance with what other shows you have covered. I'm off to the Knitting Factory.
</font>

i'll be at the richmond show.
i dont know if you're going that far or not.

Mr MacPhisto
08-04-2002, 11:48 PM
i'll be in DC on wednesday. i can bring the oktava's with. send me an im.

frank

aim-zwanphisto

mapay
08-05-2002, 03:00 AM
You want to know what sucks, clear channel tried to set up a show at the venue I work at running sound but we didn't let them (for obvious reasons)...but, the band we missed out on was American Analog Set. Oh well, I was a little frustrated.

AlexzAdore
08-05-2002, 04:09 AM
i fucking hate clear channel http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/mad.gif

severin
08-05-2002, 05:10 AM
who are clear channel? and what do they do that you don't do their shows?

Evil Bill
08-05-2002, 12:19 PM
would anyone be interested in a session that AAS did when they were playing in Belfast, IRE. It is being broadcast next week and i'll tape if anyone wants a copy.

glued_on_wings
08-05-2002, 01:20 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Evil Bill:
would anyone be interested in a session that AAS did when they were playing in Belfast, IRE. It is being broadcast next week and i'll tape if anyone wants a copy.</font>


IM sure fogelsong will want it. You probally should tape it for him..

Rock On..


------------------
- I use music (http://www.gluedsboots.cjb.net) as some kind of weird salvation to get away from life... -
-We will miss you!! The Smashing Pumpkins (1988-2000) -
Sad Machines Audio Archive (http://www.crosswinds.net/~sadmachines)
Glued On Wings FTP (ftp://smashing:pumpkins@sadmachines.d2g.com)

Brute Squad
08-05-2002, 03:14 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Evil Bill:
would anyone be interested in a session that AAS did when they were playing in Belfast, IRE. It is being broadcast next week and i'll tape if anyone wants a copy.</font>

yes, I do want it.

glued_on_wings
08-05-2002, 04:25 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Andrew Fogelsong:
yes, I do want it.

</font>

See i told you so..

Rock On..


------------------
- I use music (http://www.gluedsboots.cjb.net) as some kind of weird salvation to get away from life... -
-We will miss you!! The Smashing Pumpkins (1988-2000) -
Sad Machines Audio Archive (http://www.crosswinds.net/~sadmachines)
Glued On Wings FTP (ftp://smashing:pumpkins@sadmachines.d2g.com)

Evil Bill
08-06-2002, 12:36 PM
to all those interested, i will be taping it to MD. I could (a) transfer it myself through an analogue soundcard or (b)give the MD-M to someone who can do digital transfers.

So if anyone wants to offer their services just give me an e-mail.

-Mark

Brute Squad
08-06-2002, 01:57 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Evil Bill:
to all those interested, i will be taping it to MD. I could (a) transfer it myself through an analogue soundcard or (b)give the MD-M to someone who can do digital transfers.

So if anyone wants to offer their services just give me an e-mail.

-Mark</font>

I suggest you do both, just in case the MD gets lost in the mail en route to the guy doing a digital transfer.

Andrew

glued_on_wings
08-06-2002, 03:02 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Andrew Fogelsong:
I suggest you do both, just in case the MD gets lost in the mail en route to the guy doing a digital transfer.

Andrew</font>

That has happened to me before.. Luckily it was on the way back, and i got the shns of the digital from the guy already..

Rock On..



------------------
- I use music (http://www.gluedsboots.cjb.net) as some kind of weird salvation to get away from life... -
-We will miss you!! The Smashing Pumpkins (1988-2000) -
Sad Machines Audio Archive (http://www.crosswinds.net/~sadmachines)
Glued On Wings FTP (ftp://smashing:pumpkins@sadmachines.d2g.com)

Mr MacPhisto
08-07-2002, 01:09 AM
hey,

i'll be in the dc area tomorrow. call my cell or send me a message

7088601539@mobile.att.net


frank

Suicide Machine
08-07-2002, 09:50 AM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Mr MacPhisto:
hey,

i'll be in the dc area tomorrow. call my cell or send me a message

7088601539@mobile.att.net


frank</font>

I'll give you a call later Frank. I should be getting there at 7:30 hopefully.

On another note, me and Terry taped Philly, people are fucking retarted. The soundguy invited 5 of his friends to sit and talk after making me set up stands there, and lets them adjust the controls while the band is playing, therefore ruining 2 recordings at once. Other stupid bitches decided to talk into the mics, and play with them, cos you know they're just set up for the hell of it. Luckily, we ran another 3, so the DSM came out good. Still some assholes around. Argh. I'm bringing a brick to throw at people tonight if they dont shut the fuck up.

------------------
I don't wanna die, even though I have to.

Rens
08-07-2002, 11:52 AM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by glued_on_wings:
That has happened to me before.. Luckily it was on the way back, and i got the shns of the digital from the guy already..

Rock On..

</font>

Hey that's me! I told you that I found the envelope (forgot to mail it), and that I'd mail it when I got back from my vacation!


------------------
Rens Lohmann - Trading Page (http://www.xs4all.nl/~alohmann/index.html)

glued_on_wings
08-07-2002, 12:28 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Rens:
Hey that's me! I told you that I found the envelope (forgot to mail it), and that I'd mail it when I got back from my vacation!


</font>
Oh i thought you said you had mailed it before you found it.. i could really careless. Anyways want to trade some mogwai..

Rock On..


------------------
- I use music (http://www.gluedsboots.cjb.net) as some kind of weird salvation to get away from life... -
-We will miss you!! The Smashing Pumpkins (1988-2000) -
Sad Machines Audio Archive (http://www.crosswinds.net/~sadmachines)
Glued On Wings FTP (ftp://smashing:pumpkins@sadmachines.d2g.com)

Evil Bill
08-09-2002, 02:57 PM
Bad news folks, The program that has been playing these live shows and sessions recently is usually on at 8pm and the showcase is usually on at 9pm so i missed AAS because the program started at 7:15. I'm as pissed as you probably are. The best i can do for you is to give you a link to a webcast of the entire program from which you can probably find a way to rip the AAS session.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/rockalt.shtml?atl_fri

Sorry

-Mark

sawdust restaurants
08-10-2002, 02:27 PM
I don't come around these parts very often, so I apologize if I'm just clueless, but has anybody gotten Her Space Holiday?

lament
08-10-2002, 04:53 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by sawdust restaurants:
has anybody gotten Her Space Holiday?</font>

I taped them with Joe this past tues. The drunks didn't start fucking up the recordings till amanset started, so the HSH tapes came out really nice.

terry
http://www.shredon.com/quinto/trade.html

distance
08-11-2002, 02:26 AM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by lament:
I taped them with Joe this past tues. The drunks didn't start fucking up the recordings till amanset started, so the HSH tapes came out really nice.
</font>

HSH REALLY REALLY REALLY SUCKED, though.
not quite as bad as men's recovery project, but quite horrible. thankfully it was only like 35-40 minutes.