View Full Version : The Flaming Lips -LIVE on KCRW on "Morning Becomes Eclectic" THURSDAY...

The Gaddrow
08-07-2002, 07:12 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by sawdust restaurants:
I know, I know, I keep posting Lips news, but I know you people love them.

And plus, we have been promised a Radiohead cover!

The Flaming Lips will be performing LIVE on KCRW on "Morning Becomes Eclectic" this Thursday, August 8th at 11am PT. They'll be playing songs from their new CD Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots and will talk about the making of the album.

If you're in the Los Angeles area, tune into KCRW at 89.9FM. You can also listen to it on http://www.kcrw.com.

Plus, they'll be covering songs from Radiohead and Kylie Minogue (Yes, KYLIE MINOGUE - trust us...it's brilliant).</font>

Someone tape this shit. Guzman?

The Gaddrow
08-07-2002, 07:12 PM
Oh yeah, this is in LA (Santa Monica?) for those not in the know.

Irrelevant
08-07-2002, 07:25 PM
yes. please. do.

sawdust restaurants
08-07-2002, 11:35 PM
Yes, please, somebody.

The Gaddrow
08-08-2002, 08:05 AM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by sawdust restaurants:
Yes, please, somebody.</font>

PLEASE?

karmacoma
08-08-2002, 01:13 PM
actually, the shoutcast quality is not bad at all, so if nobody with local access tapes it, you can record it yourself (i will).

hippy74
08-08-2002, 01:19 PM
im taping it ... using a Sony MD MZ-G750 if anyone cares ... lol

SilverFhuck
08-08-2002, 02:49 PM
FM > rca's > cool edit pro > hard disc
~40min 20sec

Will be on the hub in about 10 minutes.

fyi...the covers were Knives Out/Radiohead and Can't Get You Out of My Head/Kylie Minogue.

--Jason

------------------
"I wish I was one of your kids. Talk to your girlfriend man, adopt me. I'd tape (http://home.attbi.com/~silverfhuck/) for you, I'd be your stealth bitch!" -Fares Halteh

Irrelevant
08-08-2002, 07:21 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by SilverFhuck:
FM > rca's > cool edit pro > hard disc
~40min 20sec

Will be on the hub in about 10 minutes.

fyi...the covers were Knives Out/Radiohead and Can't Get You Out of My Head/Kylie Minogue.

--Jason</font>

thanks for taping it. too bad i can't download it from you. i even tried taking my firewall out of the way.

Irrelevant
08-08-2002, 10:41 PM
oh man. this show is great. well, what i got of it.

it's too bad they didn't pick better songs off the album though. very too bad. too hear Fight Test or Hypnotist or Ego Tripping played along these lines would have kicked my ass.

and Knives Out still isn't that great of a song.

SilverFhuck
08-09-2002, 12:01 AM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Irrelevant:
oh man. this show is great. well, what i got of it.

it's too bad they didn't pick better songs off the album though. very too bad. too hear Fight Test or Hypnotist or Ego Tripping played along these lines would have kicked my ass.

and Knives Out still isn't that great of a song.</font>

hubs back up and i'm back on.

The Gaddrow
08-09-2002, 06:38 AM
Thanks to everyone who taped this, especially Jason for getting it on the hub so soon.