View Full Version : would you ever enlist?

SuckSuckStyle
10-07-2004, 08:04 AM
if there was something worth fighting for that you really supported and believed in?

I would. I can't make any promises about pulling a trigger, but if it were a cause I really supported, I'd enlist and be a medic or something, or drive a hummer.

ravenguy2000
10-07-2004, 08:04 AM
Probably but I can't imagine what that cause would be.

So really probably not.

jenn
10-07-2004, 08:05 AM
if there was a cause i supported with all my heart that directly affected me or my family, i would gladly enlist.

SuckSuckStyle
10-07-2004, 08:06 AM
if we took some sort of action to liberate Tibet, I'd be there.

although it probably won't happen until I'm older and probably in public office (hopefully) and it also probably won't happen anyway. but if it did, i'd be there. rebuilding, holding ground, whatever. and i'd do it in uniform if it meant helping.

but i'm not going to talk about tibet on netphoria.

Junebug
10-07-2004, 08:07 AM
I've actually put some serious thought into it before. I really feel like I should join sometimes, but I'm also a huge wimp :erm . But yeah, I'd do it if my country was so desperate that they'd take me.

jenn
Originally posted by SuckSuckStyle
if we took some sort of action to liberate Tibet, I'd be there.

although it probably won't happen until I'm older and probably in public office (hopefully) and it also probably won't happen anyway. but if it did, i'd be there. rebuilding, holding ground, whatever. and i'd do it in uniform if it meant helping.

but i'm not going to talk about tibet on netphoria.

i'd enlist to liberate tibet as long as the military swore that they wouldn't ship me out to active duty in ohio or something. with that, if i lived through it, i'd want a guarantee that i can quit the military as soon as tibet is secure, rebuilt, etc. but i'd do it in a heartbeat

obscured01
<font color="DAB9E8">I definately would.</font>

neopryn
10-07-2004, 08:08 AM
If it was something I believed strongly in.

Wait what the fuck am I talking about. I'm a fucking coward, of course I wouldn't.

SuckSuckStyle
10-07-2004, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by melancholia

i'd enlist to liberate tibet.

then when i graduate from law school and become a lobbyist to push for the liberation of tibet, and it goes through, you'll be there?

GlasgowKiss
Yeah.

Id try and get in the officer corp of the army with my degree (assuming this happened after i graduated). I couldnt bear to be sitting in an office while people fought for something i cared about, id have to be front line.

jenn

then when i graduate from law school and become a lobbyist to push for the liberation of tibet, and it goes through, you'll be there?

yeah i would. so would my husband.

neopryn
10-07-2004, 08:10 AM
tibet can take care of themselves

SuckSuckStyle
10-07-2004, 08:10 AM
see this is awesome. when people care about things, and support it, they enlist.

next section class i have where we argue about iraq and the girl from kentucky starts yelling that "im not going to wait for my family to get blown up to do something about it. i support our actions in iraq 100%!" i'll ask her why she doesnt enlist. see what she says.

jenn
10-07-2004, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by GlasgowKiss
front line.

we still fight in lines?

SuckSuckStyle
10-07-2004, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by neopryn
tibet can take care of themselves

you shut your mouth

good thing I'm going to class now.

GlasgowKiss
10-07-2004, 08:12 AM

we still fight in lines?

Yeah.

jenn
10-07-2004, 08:13 AM
see this is awesome. when people care about things, and support it, they enlist.

next section class i have where we argue about iraq and the girl from kentucky starts yelling that "im not going to wait for my family to get blown up to do something about it. i support our actions in iraq 100%!" i'll ask her why she doesnt enlist. see what she says.

like terrorists *have* something to bomb in Kentucky. :rolleyes: i almost joined the military after 9/11 because i thought that i'd get to...oh, actually protect the united states. then i found out that we were going to be imperialists about it. ugh. hit her for me.

jenn
10-07-2004, 08:14 AM

Yeah.

wow...i thought that was done with in vietnam. where are you from?

GlasgowKiss
10-07-2004, 08:14 AM

where are you from?

jenn
10-07-2004, 08:15 AM

ding!

GlasgowKiss
10-07-2004, 08:17 AM
Seriously though, infantry and armour still move in formations...

GlasgowKiss
10-07-2004, 08:18 AM
And of course in a strategic sense there are still lines.

i_dont_live
10-07-2004, 08:18 AM
no way in hell.

i wouldnt kill someone i've never met.

GlasgowKiss
10-07-2004, 08:19 AM
And i think your custom title should be leather rinse and repeat.

Or does leather not mean 'hit' in america?

jenn
10-07-2004, 08:33 AM
And i think your custom title should be leather rinse and repeat.

Or does leather not mean 'hit' in america?

where in the world does "leather" mean "hit"?

i always thought leather refered to cowhide? use it in a sentance...

GlasgowKiss
10-07-2004, 08:35 AM

where in the world does "leather" mean "hit"?

i always thought leather refered to cowhide? use it in a sentance...

Means hit in scotland ( probably britain ) might be a reference to whipping?

Stop pestering me or ill leather you.

barden
10-07-2004, 08:37 AM
I’ve considered joining the army here, just for discipline.

I wouldn’t fight in a war though, unless I believed in it. And even then… No. I would not kill a stranger to prove someone else’s point. Or even my own.

Trotskilicious
10-07-2004, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by ravenguy2000
Probably but I can't imagine what that cause would be.

<font color=#007AAA face="courier new">What if robot space spiders from the future invaded and started eating Milwaukee?</font>

GlasgowKiss
10-07-2004, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by ^Agony_Imp^
I’ve considered joining the army here, just for discipline.

I wouldn’t fight in a war though, unless I believed in it. And even then… No. I would not kill a stranger to prove someone else’s point. Or even my own.

:rofl:

Trotskilicious
10-07-2004, 08:40 AM

:rofl:

jenn
10-07-2004, 08:41 AM

Means hit in scotland ( probably britain ) might be a reference to whipping?

Stop pestering me or ill leather you.

that's wicked cool. yeah, i'll use it. thanks.

mewl
10-07-2004, 08:46 AM
no.

Trotskilicious
10-07-2004, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by mewl
no.

Originally posted by Trotskilicious

<font color=#007AAA face="courier new">What if robot space spiders from the future invaded and started eating Milwaukee?</font>

severin
10-07-2004, 08:51 AM
no

Slacker
10-07-2004, 08:53 AM
only if I was personally under direct attack

other than that, fuck the rich man and his elitist ideals and schemes...thank you

GlasgowKiss
10-07-2004, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by Slacker
only if I was personally under direct attack

other than that, fuck the rich man and his elitist ideals and schemes...thank you

Yeah! And while we're at it, lets not work for companies or pay taxes!

COMRADE!

Slacker
10-07-2004, 09:06 AM

Yeah! And while we're at it, lets not work for companies or pay taxes!

COMRADE!

now we are talkin

mewl
10-07-2004, 09:39 AM

i would laugh at the fucks in milwaukee.

Trotskilicious
10-07-2004, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by mewl

i would laugh at the fucks in milwaukee.

<font color=#007AAA face="courier new">They wouldn't stop there.</font>

souvenir
10-07-2004, 10:56 AM
I hope they'd eat Bud Selig, while in Milwaukee.

Injektilo
10-07-2004, 12:01 PM
If there were some sort of peacekeeping/ peacebuilding force either in the Canadian army or in the UN (black heliccopters!!!1) I'd probably consider it, for a couple years.

I'd just need to know what I was doing was making the world better rather than worse, and I don't trust my government enough to do that.

Plus if i were a Canadian soldier I'd probably stave to death or get stranded somewhere from lack of equipment.

Isle
10-07-2004, 12:23 PM
no. vigilante justice all the way.

GreenEggsNSpam
10-07-2004, 04:29 PM
No i don't think I would ever enlist. I doubt I would be any good in the army/fighting for my country.
I'd rather let someone else in place of me go, and I prolly wouldn't feel bad. :erm

neopryn
10-07-2004, 04:29 PM
Yeah I'd be a detriment to any kind of campaign they tried to get going.

alexthestampede
10-07-2004, 04:49 PM
id enlist for any war.. i still wish i could enlist in the iraq war without messing up my academic career. i applied for westpoint and didnt get in but im not sure if i want to go to iraq and never see action or really be needed and then come home 4 years older.

why are abortionists and atheists so damn whiny about killing enemy civilians and even soldiers.. youre just a fake atheist and you lie to yourself

Injektilo
10-07-2004, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by alexthestampede

why are abortionists and atheists so damn whiny about killing enemy civilians and even soldiers.. youre just a fake atheist and you lie to yourself

yeah, i forgot you need religion in order to care about people.

It's about thinking for yourself, and not letting anyone tell you who your "enemy" is until you decide for yourself.

shut the fuck up.

Trotskilicious
10-07-2004, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by Injektilo
shut the fuck up.

<font color=#007AAA face="courier new">He's a special kind of stupid. Play nice.</font>

BlGSWINGINGDICK
10-07-2004, 05:42 PM
i've enlisted at netphoria to try to make something out of the twerps here, and so far it has been a losing battle. where is ******, i could use some reinforcements

Injektilo
10-07-2004, 05:43 PM

<font color=#007AAA face="courier new">He's a special kind of stupid. Play nice.</font>

ehn, it's too easy anyway.

Trotskilicious
10-07-2004, 06:00 PM
<font color=#007AAa face="courier new">I find it surprising that you wouldn't even pick up arms if you were <i>actually</i> defending your country from attack. Be it giant space spiders from the future or another country invading your country.

That's pretty weak. I hear the French need people like y'all.</font>

alexthestampede
10-07-2004, 06:01 PM
<font color=#007AAa face="courier new">I find it surprising that you wouldn't even pick up arms <i>actually</i> defending your country from attack.

That's pretty weak.</font>

you can tell this guys a texan :)

Trotskilicious
10-07-2004, 06:04 PM

you can tell this guys a texan :)

<font color=#007AAa face="courier new">Well I wouldn't sign up like an idiot for bullshit like Iraq or Vietnam but if another country attacked/invaded any part of this country I'd defend my home/property/state from their advance.</font>

alexthestampede
10-07-2004, 06:09 PM

<font color=#007AAa face="courier new">Well I wouldn't sign up like an idiot for bullshit like Iraq or Vietnam but if another country attacked/invaded any part of this country I'd defend my home/property/state from their advance.</font>

if your country is already losing men by the day in some offensive war it seems to me just as important for you to help out. besides, any war america has a chance of winning will be semi-offensive or pre-emptive. Noone is going to directly attack us until its a sure thing.
when my dad got back from vietnam, he said all the useless scum of america were thinking about was the superbowl and one of the dumb bastards blew his hand off shooting the "we just scored" cannon. i wish all football-fan peaceniks could share his fate.

Trotskilicious
10-07-2004, 06:13 PM
i wish all football-fan peaceniks could share his fate.

<font color=#007AAa face="courier new">Being used by the Government?</font>

alexthestampede
10-07-2004, 06:14 PM
blowing his hand off in a show of adoration for some other man's athletic prowess