View Full Version : Smashing Pumpkins Live DVD Released February 2003


siamesegod
08-06-2002, 09:02 AM
This is tru!! i got a mail from virgin!!!!

------------------
http://www.geocities.com/siamesegod/boots.html

Nothing/everything
08-06-2002, 09:04 AM
what does the mail exactly read?

siamesegod
08-06-2002, 09:19 AM
"we still don't have any specific information about the contents of the dvd. The releasing date has been removed to February 2003."

------------------
http://www.geocities.com/siamesegod/boots.html

The Gaddrow
08-06-2002, 09:45 AM
I love this game!

happy peter pan
08-06-2002, 09:49 AM
All Y'all crackers are a'crazy! Westside 'till I die!

Rens
08-06-2002, 11:10 AM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by siamesegod:
"we still don't have any specific information about the contents of the dvd. The releasing date has been removed to February 2003."

</font>

Check your grammar, kid, before posting such Finnish crap!

------------------
Rens Lohmann - Trading Page (http://www.xs4all.nl/~alohmann/index.html)

severin
08-06-2002, 11:21 AM
virgin austria just told me the same. (translated) "the smashing pumpkins live cd /dvd was scheduled for release last autumn, but has been postponed to an unknown date. at the moment this release is scheduled for february 2003. we're sorry to say that we do not have any detailed information about the contents of these recordings"

sounds good

Slurpee
08-06-2002, 01:18 PM
l33t people say they know what's on it.

severin
08-06-2002, 02:08 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Slurpee:
l33t people say they know what's on it.</font>

i would not consider dead that l33t http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/wink.gif

Brandont_h
08-06-2002, 03:17 PM
Are you kidding? Dead practically made out with Scott McDowell! If that's not leet, I don't know what is!

-Brandon [Finds this DVD email veeeeery interesting]

------------------
I can't believe I actually just registered on netphoria. :/

Slurpee
08-06-2002, 04:32 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by severin:
i would not consider dead that l33t http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/wink.gif

</font>

Of course not. http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/biggrin.gif But I assume "someone l33t" told him.

sarmatianus
08-06-2002, 04:34 PM
What exactly is on it that's so leet? It's the entire Metro show, right?

The Gaddrow
08-06-2002, 06:19 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by severin:
...has been postponed to an unknown date. at the moment this release is scheduled for february 2003.</font> "One of these things is not like the other, one of these things does not belong."<font size=1>

[This message has been edited by The Gaddrow (edited 08-06-2002).]

Dead
08-06-2002, 09:18 PM
All I said is I might know what's on it. But its probably just Metro, considering there is an accompanying cd.

Pmack
08-06-2002, 11:23 PM
An 'enhanced' Viewphoria DVD is in the pipeline. Bart Lipton asked me for some help tracking down some footage that was going to be added to it, and it wasn't a casual thing he was asking-- he was up against deadlines. Maybe that's the release they're talking about.

TimRoss
08-06-2002, 11:44 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Pmack:
An 'enhanced' Viewphoria DVD is in the pipeline. </font>

Dave, can you elaborate on 'enhanced?' Would it be an extended look at early stuff through SD, or will it continue with new live clips and bits through 2000? Any idea on what the cd could include? (Other than the obvious earphoria: special edition)

Thanks for the info.

sarasvati
08-07-2002, 01:47 AM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Brandont_h:
Are you kidding? Dead practically made out with Scott McDowell! If that's not leet, I don't know what is!

-Brandon [Finds this DVD email veeeeery interesting]

</font>

Actually, Scott McDowell practically made out with Dead...see, you've got it the wrong way around, hon. http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/wink.gif

The machine of god
08-07-2002, 02:46 AM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by TimRoss:
[B] Dave, can you elaborate on 'enhanced?' Would it be an extended look at early stuff through SD, or will it continue with new live clips and bits through 2000?
B]</font>

More likely it would ******* things like 5.1 DTS sound for all the tracks. Maybe extra camera angles if they're availible. Likely new footage would be pre Mellon Collie to fit into the whole era Vieuphoria is passed upon, eg Siamese Dream. Extra Interviews, performances etc maybe? If they have big plans for this, maybe the relevent parts of Graceful Swans of Never, the rest to come out with another DVD - eg Metro?

- Just speculating.


------------------
The Machina 2/The Friends & Enemies of Modern Music resource site - http://www.machina2.cjb.net

Brandont_h
08-07-2002, 06:35 AM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by sarasvati:
Actually, Scott McDowell practically made out with Dead...see, you've got it the wrong way around, hon. http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/wink.gif</font>

Well, it takes to people to make out. If you and me are all hot and bothered, is only one making out with the other, or are we making out together? The point was that they almost made out. I'll reword it:

"He was almost made out with by Scott McDowell."

Better?

-Brandon [Has the photo to prove the above allegation, but can't post it for ethical reasons.]



------------------
I can't believe I actually just registered on netphoria. :/

glued_on_wings
08-07-2002, 08:41 AM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Pmack:
An 'enhanced' Viewphoria DVD is in the pipeline. Bart Lipton asked me for some help tracking down some footage that was going to be added to it, and it wasn't a casual thing he was asking-- he was up against deadlines. Maybe that's the release they're talking about.</font>


That is kind of interesteing, thanks for the info. However, Still hopes it is metro dvd..

ROck ON..


------------------
- I use music (http://www.gluedsboots.cjb.net) as some kind of weird salvation to get away from life... -
-We will miss you!! The Smashing Pumpkins (1988-2000) -
Sad Machines Audio Archive (http://www.crosswinds.net/~sadmachines)
Glued On Wings FTP (ftp://smashing:pumpkins@sadmachines.d2g.com)

Halteh
08-07-2002, 10:01 AM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Pmack:
An 'enhanced' Viewphoria DVD is in the pipeline. Bart Lipton asked me for some help tracking down some footage that was going to be added to it, and it wasn't a casual thing he was asking-- he was up against deadlines. Maybe that's the release they're talking about.</font>

I also heard about the Vieuphoria DVD, from a different source though.



------------------
"i've collected alot more rare things from different artists in all genres then anyone around. I collect to collect, whether I like the artist or not" - Sacred Age Of Innocence
Fares Halteh - Halteh3 AT rogers DOT com L33+ Trading Page (http://members.rogers.com/halteh3/main.html)

happy peter pan
08-07-2002, 02:33 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Pmack:
Viewphoria</font>

It's actually 'Vieuphoria', newbie.

Anti-Moan Gestapo
08-07-2002, 06:30 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Pmack:
An 'enhanced' Viewphoria DVD is in the pipeline. Bart Lipton asked me for some help tracking down some footage that was going to be added to it, and it wasn't a casual thing he was asking-- he was up against deadlines. Maybe that's the release they're talking about.</font>

Thanks for leaking this info - it's good to hear something positive for a change. Even if it is just a rehash of Vieuphoria.

------------------
http://www.phatjoe.com/lameass/icons/panda.gif Darnce, Panda!

The Gaddrow
08-07-2002, 06:50 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by happy peter pan:
It's actually 'Vieuphoria', newbie.</font>

Boycott Graceland
08-08-2002, 02:33 AM
here's to giant corporations making thousands off of things we already own, and finding a way for us to rationalize buying it again.

in all honesty, it's nice to finally get some news. it was really barren out there for a while...

Dead
08-08-2002, 01:06 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Boycott Graceland:
here's to giant corporations making thousands off of things we already own</font>

I would love to buy Vieuphoria on DVD, even if there was no additional material. http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/biggrin.gif

glued_on_wings
08-08-2002, 01:21 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Dead:
I would love to buy Vieuphoria on DVD, even if there was no additional material. http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/biggrin.gif</font>



------------------
- I use music (http://www.gluedsboots.cjb.net) as some kind of weird salvation to get away from life... -
-We will miss you!! The Smashing Pumpkins (1988-2000) -
Sad Machines Audio Archive (http://www.crosswinds.net/~sadmachines)
Glued On Wings FTP (ftp://smashing:pumpkins@sadmachines.d2g.com)

DoctaSoma
08-08-2002, 02:50 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Dead:
I would love to buy Vieuphoria on DVD, even if there was no additional material. http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/biggrin.gif</font>

Yeah, I'd be happy to get it. Any added material is a major bonus. Obviously material relevant to vieuphoria would be best, but I wouldn't complain about the televised Untitled video +\- TEITBITE. Yeah, yeah, I understand the issues with TEITBITE and other record companies blah blah.

I'm still crossing my fingers for the Metro though, it doesn't have to be released next week, but someday while I'm still interested in the band would be good.

-Ben

Boycott Graceland
08-08-2002, 06:17 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Dead:
I would love to buy Vieuphoria on DVD, even if there was no additional material. http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/biggrin.gif</font>

same with me, i'm just making a simple observation...

i hope they put some of those early public access performances on there. woo!

starlightvideoproductions
08-08-2002, 06:35 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by DoctaSoma:
Yeah, I'd be happy to get it. Any added material is a major bonus. Obviously material relevant to vieuphoria would be best, but I wouldn't complain about the televised Untitled video +\- TEITBITE. Yeah, yeah, I understand the issues with TEITBITE and other record companies blah blah.

I'm still crossing my fingers for the Metro though, it doesn't have to be released next week, but someday while I'm still interested in the band would be good.

-Ben</font>

Don't worry. A dvd quality TEITBITE will be around soon. I just know it...

Dead
08-08-2002, 06:46 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Boycott Graceland:
i hope they put some of those early public access performances on there.
</font>

Like the one where they're running around the guy in the gorilla suit. Or was I just imagining that one :D

Boycott Graceland
08-08-2002, 07:20 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Dead:
Like the one where they're running around the guy in the gorilla suit. Or was I just imagining that one http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/biggrin.gif</font>

i bet it was james or bob english.

sarasvati
08-08-2002, 07:47 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Age Of Empathy:

Maybe b0lly will released a Zwan DVD ... http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/rolleyes.gif

</font>

I'm still waiting for the "zwan home movies" on zwan.com.

Boycott Graceland
08-09-2002, 02:34 AM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by sarasvati:
I'm still waiting for the "zwan home movies" on zwan.com.</font>

porno?